The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
So actually its not all bad for me cos I finish at 3.25 not 4. And on fridays I leave at 2.00 after registration as tyhere really is no point in staying. I'd rather watch cheesy murder mysteries like diagnosis murder and murder she wrote! School isn't worth it.
Reply 21
8:40 - 3.05 (but you don't have to stay for frees)

I couldn't hack school if it was any earlier, I get up at 6.45am, catch a bus at 7:40am, there is no earlier bus & its touch and go whether I make it in on time as it is! There are far more buses later in the day than there are first thing in the morning, earlier school times are not practical for people in rural areas!
8.40 - 3.40
Reply 23
8:30 - 3:15

I have to stay till 4:15 on a Wednesday though... pure evil!
mine used to be 9:20-3.45

it started much later than most schools coz there were a lot of us who took between 3/4 to an hour to get there by bus.

love Katy ***
Reply 25
my school is 8:35 to 3:25

personally, I would prefer school to be 9 till 5, with no homework.
Reply 26
Dickie
my school is 8:35 to 3:25

personally, I would prefer school to be 9 till 5, with no homework.

Prep schools are like that, 8.15 till 6 though. My mum teaches at one.

My school was 8.35 till 3.20
Reply 27
woody
You know ther thinking of starting school earlier and finishing about 1 o clock. Do you agree that that is a stupid one, I can't even get up on time now!

I start at 8.35 how early does everyone else start?

Schools should start at 7 and work through till 1pm with just a short break in the middle.

This works VERY well in France and other European countries by all accounts.

It would also do wonders for solving alot of traffic problems.
Reply 28
i start at 8:30 every day and tues days and fridays finish at 2:10 and on other days i finish at 3:05
Reply 29
we start at 8:50 and finish at 2:55
dizzzzzy
we start at 8:50 and finish at 2:55

yea im at the same school with 13 lessons. however, 25 minute lunch and 20 min break aint much.

STILL GET A LIE IN THO!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! :smile:
on a firday i finish school at 10 oclock after just 50 mins of lessons. im stayin 2 day tho i can b on here all day (sadass) lol
woody
You know ther thinking of starting school earlier and finishing about 1 o clock. Do you agree that that is a stupid one, I can't even get up on time now!

8.20 thats early enuf n we get off at 3.0 thats fine by me. no changes please
Reply 33
My old school used to go from 8.30- 2:30

Sixth form varies

earliest start: 9:15
latest start: 2:15
earliest finish: 12:15
latest finish: 5:15

It gets confusing :frown:
Reply 34
woody
I'd rather watch cheesy murder mysteries like diagnosis murder and murder she wrote!

I think you win the award for best utilisation of time outside of school :tongue:
Reply 35
my secondary school was 8:30 till 2:30 so it was much like the scheme they are proposing, it was great cos u had the rest of the day off... and cos i was 3 mins away from the school u could run home and watch Quincy! :biggrin: rock on!
Reply 36
when i was at school it was 8.55-3.15 with registration starting at 8.45. 6th form was better cos i had lots of afternoon frees and normally finished at 1.15. Uni's even better. Every 2 weeks i get friday off wehey and i normally start at 11.10. I look back now and wonder how i ever coped with school. Although on mondays and tuesdays i don't finnish until about 5.
woody

8:45 registration, lessons start at 9:50-55. We finish at 3:30 :smile:
Eeyore
8:45 registration, lessons start at 9:50-55. We finish at 3:30 :smile:

I mean 8:50-55. Oops.
Reply 39
my old school was 8.45 to 3.30

sixth form now is just random. same start and finish times as above (its a part of my old school) but with free periods i'm all over the place

my best days are mondays and fridays. one week i have 1 50min lesson last thing on hte monday and the friday two lessons last thing

....i can have beautiful lie ins...

Latest

Trending

Trending