The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i think the war still would have happened because Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. I didn't like it at all that we went to war with Iraq b/c now they said there was no nuclear weapons but there is all those American lives that were lost and we are still at war!
Reply 2
fred0202
Would the Iraq war have happened if September 11th didn't happen?

Apparently the invasion of Afghanistan and Irq was already planned out beforehand.
o and to begin with i never supported bush at all
Reply 4
Apparently the invasion of Afghanistan and Irq was already planned out beforehand.

It looks likely. Some say that they knew that 9/11 was going to happen to justify a war.
Reply 5
Where did the big yellow writing go???
fred0202
Where did the big yellow writing go???

Probably deleted by moderators because it was disruptive to the forums...too big
Reply 7
Who moved the writing?
Reply 8
Mad Caddie
Who moved the writing?

Bit of a silly question.
Reply 9

erm no. dealing with Saddam had already been agreed by Congress during the Clinton years. Afghanistan was purely a case of hunting down Bin Laden.
Reply 10
vienna95
erm no. dealing with Saddam had already been agreed by Congress during the Clinton years. Afghanistan was purely a case of hunting down Bin Laden.

no it wasn't. seriously people don't know what they're talking about here
Reply 11
fred0202
Would the Iraq war have happened if September 11th didn't happen?

probably not. certainly not this soon. but we would have seen a tightening of security and increased homeland security expenditure.
Reply 12
boygenious
no it wasn't. seriously people don't know what they're talking about here

no it wasnt what?
Reply 13
vienna95
no it wasnt what?

it wasn't purely because of bin laden.
Reply 14
boygenious
it wasn't purely because of bin laden.

the efforts in Afghanistan came as a direct result of 9/11 with the primary objectives being the capture or dismantling of the Al-Qaeda operatives there and the Taliban regime that harboured them. the spending resources in comparison to a longer term US objective such as Iraq highlights this.
Reply 15
vienna95
the efforts in Afghanistan came as a direct result of 9/11 with the primary objectives being the capture or dismantling of the Al-Qaeda operatives there and the Taliban regime that harboured them. the spending resources in comparison to a longer term US objective such as Iraq highlights this.

And how do they compare?
Reply 16
And how do they compare?

apart from what i mentioned in the above post, Congress had planned for the removal of Saddam as US policy before Bush was even elected.
the amount of money spent on Iraq is, at a guess, somewhere between 10 to 20 times that spent in Afghanistan.
Reply 17
vienna95
apart from what i mentioned in the above post, Congress had planned for the removal of Saddam as US policy before Bush was even elected.
the amount of money spent on Iraq is, at a guess, somewhere between 10 to 20 times that spent in Afghanistan.

Yet, in Afghanistan the world's largest oil deposit has been found right at the northern tip.
Reply 18
Yet, in Afghanistan the world's largest oil deposit has been found right at the northern tip.

youve lost me.
Reply 19
vienna95

that's what they want you to think

Latest

Trending

Trending