The Student Room Group

TSR LOST society!

Scroll to see replies

Jeez...that was a brilliant finale!...but we are only going to get one more "cliffhanger" season finale for lost...:frown:

Spoiler

also...http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/blog/tubetalk/

the other 2 alternative endings they filmed...who ELSE could have been in the coffin???
Where did Locke's eye scar go in the coffin scene?
Reply 2383
Dinendal Leralonde

GOOD POINT!! That never came to mind at the time!!
Dinendal Leralonde

:eek: ....hmmm I hope this isn't the case, but maybe the undertakers just ermmm foundationed him up?....of course it would be much more interesting if its something island related:smile:
jamie_90
also...http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/blog/tubetalk/

the other 2 alternative endings they filmed...who ELSE could have been in the coffin???

Those endings were just shot so that the film crew didn't know the real ending which could leak and spoil the ending...just a precautionary measure. They were never meant to be in the coffins..
yeah i know...but I thought it wouldn't hurt to be up here if anyone else didn't know...it was some extra lost nonetheless! And if it was either of them, it would make even less sense than normal...
jamie_90
yeah i know...but I thought it wouldn't hurt to be up here if anyone else didn't know...it was some extra lost nonetheless! And if it was either of them, it would make even less sense than normal...

yeah it wouldnt have been set up great if it had been sawyer or desmond because lets face it that revel would have just been oh damm thier dead but with locke it is they have to get back to the island...
unsung_hero
yeah it wouldnt have been set up great if it had been sawyer or desmond because lets face it that revel would have just been oh damm thier dead but with locke it is they have to get back to the island...

although thinking about it, that could have worked because we would have been like ... oh my god the others got off the island too... if saywer was in the closet. We proberlry wouldnt have cared if it was desmond.
Surely now we know why the polar bears are there, because they used to be in that freezing area and push that wheel and that's why it was 'transported' to the Tunisian desert just like Ben was transported.... but why Tunisia?
_safinho_
Surely now we know why the polar bears are there, because they used to be in that freezing area and push that wheel and that's why it was 'transported' to the Tunisian desert just like Ben was transported.... but why Tunisia?

genious!
_safinho_

:eek: A mystery has just bitten the dust!
Reply 2392
Hey Guys...

http://www.livephysics.com/ptools/dig-hole-through-earth.php

Zoom in one notch on the map, start Digging on Tunisia and see where you end up:eek: :eek:
Holy hell! We just found the island!!

Now to approach it on a bearing of 815...
anyone had a look at this? http://www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com/ I don't really understand it...is it real? a competition?
Reply 2395
Oh my word, check this out :eek:

linky
oasis13
Oh my word, check this out :eek:

linky

that was the cover story oceanic gave?
I actually really liked a theory a few posts before that one, oasis:
The island is actually in what is now Tunisia, but far back in time when the continents and water (levels) were different, so as to make it an island. That is why we see the archaeologists digging up a polar bear with a Dharma collar in Tunisia.

Also, if this is true and the island is in the ancient Mediterranean then furthermore, considering the 4 toed statue, the Island may have something to do with the lost city of Atlantis.

How do the polar bear bones get there to that time and place? IMO there are 2 main explanations: 1 it was teleported there through time and space, 2 it was not teleported at all because it died when and where it was on the island (perhaps when Sawyer shot it, or it could have been one of the other polar bears) and 1000’s of years passed till it was dug up, because the Island is actually in Tunisia in the ancient past when the climate and water line was different.

A point on the opposite side of the earth from another point is called an “antipode”. Now where is the antipode of Tunisia? It just happens to be on the flight path of Flight 185 at around the moment they plane lost radio contact!

If you look at this map here: http://mobsend.com/temp/lost/Lost-Map.jpg (and zoom in if you need to) at the bottom right, you will see a red dotted line showing the path of Flight 185. Pretty much where that black arrow is, is the antipode to Tunisia.

Coincidence? I think not.

They flew through some sort of portal into some in-between time/place/plane/whatever, where they had no radio contact. and continued to fly for 1000 miles “off course” as the pilot said.

Then, they flew out the other side of the portal which ends up FAR back in time, and to the exact opposite side of the globe. At which point they encountered the magnetic field of The Island and crashed.

In present day, the freighter is floating in the ocean near new zealand near the time space portal, and when daniel had them launch the projectile, it launched, went through the portal, flew for 30 minutes in the in-between realm in which the 815 plane had flown for 1000 miles, and then came out the other side of the portal, which is why it took so long. (Now the projectile may not have travelled 1000 miles, perhaps it only travelled 100 miles because inside the in-between realm the entry and exit points are variable and therefore the time it takes to go through there can be variable as well.)

Certainly believable!
I was thinking that the 4 toed statue (that I thought was the lamest twist/revelation ever by Sayid " don't know what I find more disquieting: the fact that the rest of the statue is missing, or that it has four toes.") would have something to do with Charlotte's birthplace that she is seemingly looking for...like her ancestors/parents were part of some ancient civilisation on the Island...so perhaps she is atlantisian?
Reply 2399
dh00001
that was the cover story oceanic gave?

Yeah, but the numbers!!! So clever of the writers lol

Quick Reply

Latest