The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
deary_ma_leary
do you think he should have been sacked from the BBC?

and, do you think that if the public wanted him back, they would reinstate him?

and, did you see the ad in the telegraph today?
dearyxxx

it has taken up so much space on the news and IN MY OPINION boring! but I know that will not be the view of everyone else so dont start having a go. But I am soooo sick of it. They should just shut up and get on with their lives!
Reply 2
CHAD
it has taken up so much space on the news and IN MY OPINION boring! but I know that will not be the view of everyone else so dont start having a go. But I am soooo sick of it. They should just shut up and get on with their lives!

i wont have a go at you. but do you watch tv?
Reply 3
deary_ma_leary
i wont have a go at you. but do you watch tv?

yep, most people do. I just think they have viewed this topic way too much on the news e.t.c and it is getting boring and dull!
Reply 4
CHAD
yep, most people do. I just think they have viewed this topic way too much on the news e.t.c and it is getting boring and dull!

yeah but th epoint i was gonna amke is that if you have a tv, or radio, it is going to affect you and so it is something people should discuss. i think greg dyke stands for a lot of good things and since it's us that pays for the BBc effectively, should we not have a say?
deary_ma_leary
yeah but th epoint i was gonna amke is that if you have a tv, or radio, it is going to affect you and so it is something people should discuss. i think greg dyke stands for a lot of good things and since it's us that pays for the BBc effectively, should we not have a say?

Yeah but Mark Thompson is better. It is Mr.Thompson that did all of Dykes groundwork. Dyke took all the credit.
Reply 6
deary_ma_leary
do you think he should have been sacked from the BBC?

and, do you think that if the public wanted him back, they would reinstate him?

and, did you see the ad in the telegraph today?
dearyxxx

Dont you think Greg Dyke is fit.
Yea I saw the Ad, all the BBC staff signed a petition.
Old Greggy was the best thing that happened to the BBC. He should come back.

PS: You should have made a poll. :wink:
Mad Caddie
Dont you think Greg Dyke is fit.
Yea I saw the Ad, all the BBC staff signed a petition.
Old Greggy was the best thing that happened to the BBC. He should come back.

I'm not surprised that things went down the shitpan for Dyke ever since Thompson left for C4.
Reply 8
Joey_Johns
I'm not surprised that things went down the shitpan for Dyke ever since Thompson left for C4.

Why was this a reply to my message? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Reply 9
Mad Caddie

ah well. whats done is done :smile: and discussion is more interesting anyway.
i know this guy who works at the bbc and he signed the ad thing and i was like wow.
i say briing back greg dyke. whether he had help or not, he still worked his way up through the bbc and knows what is right and what is wrong. i like his ethics for reporting and he's a genuinely nice guy.
he must be good at his job if people at the bbc are making such a fuss. no-one's forcing them to!
Reply 10
deary_ma_leary
ah well. whats done is done :smile: and discussion is more interesting anyway.
i know this guy who works at the bbc and he signed the ad thing and i was like wow.
i say briing back greg dyke. whether he had help or not, he still worked his way up through the bbc and knows what is right and what is wrong. i like his ethics for reporting and he's a genuinely nice guy.
he must be good at his job if people at the bbc are making such a fuss. no-one's forcing them to!

Why were you "like wow"??? :confused:
Do you agree that old Greggy is quite a handsome fellow?
Mad Caddie
Why was this a reply to my message? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Because you said 'Greggy' was the best thing to happen to the BBC. Your mistaken, Mark Thompson did all the groundwork e.g. interactive tv, Dyke rode him and took the credit.
Reply 12
Joey_Johns
Because you said 'Greggy' was the best thing to happen to the BBC. Your mistaken, Mark Thompson did all the groundwork e.g. interactive tv, Dyke rode him and took the credit.

Wrong. The BBC has revolutionised since Greg came along over the last four years. :biggrin:
Mad Caddie
Wrong. The BBC has revolutionised since Greg came along over the last four years. :biggrin:

Lol. Thompson was his right hand man during that time. Thompson did all the groundwork. You know very little.

Thompson will probably become the next director general.
Mad Caddie
Why were you "like wow"??? :confused:
Do you agree that old Greggy is quite a handsome fellow?

i was 'like wow' because it was like a claim to fame (howevert small and illegible his name was). im easily amused.

i do think old greggy is quite a handsome fellow when you squint-sorry.

does it matter is thompson did the groundwork. he shouldnt have done it if he had a problem with it. everyone has poeople doing the groundwork. you see blair with a highlighted copy of the hutton report and a long speech in front of his the day the reoprt was published. he dsidnt read and highlight that report. nor did he write that speech. thats how it goes.
deary_ma_leary

does it matter is thompson did the groundwork. he shouldnt have done it if he had a problem with it. everyone has poeople doing the groundwork. you see blair with a highlighted copy of the hutton report and a long speech in front of his the day the reoprt was published. he dsidnt read and highlight that report. nor did he write that speech. thats how it goes.

I doubt you even know who Mark thompson is.
Reply 16
Joey_Johns
I doubt you even know who Mark thompson is.

I imagine he went to Stonyhurst.
Lord Huntroyde
I imagine he went to Stonyhurst.

Damn straight.

Straight 'outta Hurst Green.
Reply 18
Joey_Johns
Damn straight.

Straight 'outta Hurst Green.

CRGS had a dinner thing at the Shireburn arms in Hurst Green, it's a bit shitty, isn't it?
Lord Huntroyde
CRGS had a dinner thing at the Shireburn arms in Hurst Green, it's a bit shitty, isn't it?

Yeah but when there arent that many pubs around you make the most of it.

Tolkein was known to down a few there though...

Latest

Trending

Trending