The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hello and welcome to the forum :smile: ! Yep, there's quite a few of us going to Worcester (hopefully :tongue: ) - I'm off to study medicine (woohoo!) with rocksteady99, Veedy is going to study geography and Smee is a historian. And of course there's you! Which subject are you planning to study? Anyway, us Worcester lot are slowly growing in numbers, we've almost got ourselves a mini club going on :biggrin: !
Reply 2
Medicine? You must have been there when I was there.
I'm studying Computer Science myself (it was either that or Music, there's no other subject I'm good enough at to get into Oxford). Glad to see I'm not alone!

Out of interest, what attracted you to Worcester?
Good one on Worcester - if i get the grades i'll be going for French Literature at St Peter's which is right around the corner from you.

Any St Peter's people out there - PM me!

x
Reply 4
Jamie Frost
Out of interest, what attracted you to Worcester?

Quite good academically, supposedly a more laid back college, really lovely atmosphere/people (+ gorgeous scenery :tongue: ), not too expensive and it's situated nicely to reach both the train station and the high street (ok tbh, that wasn't really what attracted me at first but it's a bonus!)

What initially attracted me to Worcester was that it was a reasonably musical college and medium sized. Then I went to visit, fell in love with the place and met some students there and my (possible) tutor who were absolutely great :biggrin: !

How about you? I read somewhere that comp sci is one of Worcester's strengths. Where were you staying during the interview period? I was in Worcester House so I didn't get a chance to stay in the renowned 'goldfish bowl' lol :tongue:

Steph - St Peter's is supposed to be nice and laid back too :smile: My friend is (hopefully) going to study Earth Sciences there!
Lucy
Quite good academically, supposedly a more laid back college, really lovely atmosphere/people (+ gorgeous scenery :tongue: ), not too expensive and it's situated nicely to reach both the train station and the high street (ok tbh, that wasn't really what attracted me at first but it's a bonus!)

What initially attracted me to Worcester was that it was a reasonably musical college and medium sized. Then I went to visit, fell in love with the place and met some students there and my (possible) tutor who were absolutely great :biggrin: !

How about you? I read somewhere that comp sci is one of Worcester's strengths. Where were you staying during the interview period? I was in Worcester House so I didn't get a chance to stay in the renowned 'goldfish bowl' lol :tongue:

Steph - St Peter's is supposed to be nice and laid back too :smile: My friend is (hopefully) going to study Earth Sciences there!

btw: i sent you a pm lucy. :smile:
Reply 6
bono
btw: i sent you a pm lucy. :smile:

Thanks, just replied :smile:
yup medic here, if u wanna get 2 know me pm etc, oh yaeh worcester
Reply 8
I mainly chose it because of its musical reputation. I've got into the whole public performing scene when I moved into a new school for sixth form, and would really love to do some sort of piano concerto with the orchestra if ever there was the opportunity (i did Tchaikovsky's 1st a few months ago, and I'm hoping to learn Prokofiev's 3rd!).
Supposedly there's some famous music guy at Worcester, can't remember his name.

Other than that, the fact that Worcester has the best compsci department was a real plus, aswell as the uber-pretty surroundings.
I stayed in part of the main building to the right of the main quad, and got to share a lounge area with a Chemistry guy, so it was really nice to have the company.
And I just loved the people while at the college. Everyone was genuinely "bloody nice chaps", and the compsci tutors seemed nice too.

My second interview was at Teddie Hall. I HATED it there, but I suppose the fact it was in the evening didn't help my impression of the college. It just seemed like a maze, and the interview went awful.
Sorry to any Teddie people out there!

I'll PM you tomorrow.
Reply 9
Jamie Frost
Knowing how many successful Oxbridge guys+girls there are here, it might be a good idea to exchange emails with people in the same college, and get to know eachother via email/MSN messenger.
I apologise if this idea has been put forward a gazillion times before.

Please PM me if you're Worcester College, Oxford! (I've heard there's a number of Worcester folks out there in this forum)

Hi Jamie, well done! I have an offer of a place at Worcester too. I just PM'd you too btw.
Reply 10
Jamie Frost
I mainly chose it because of its musical reputation. I've got into the whole public performing scene when I moved into a new school for sixth form, and would really love to do some sort of piano concerto with the orchestra if ever there was the opportunity (i did Tchaikovsky's 1st a few months ago, and I'm hoping to learn Prokofiev's 3rd!).
Supposedly there's some famous music guy at Worcester, can't remember his name.

Other than that, the fact that Worcester has the best compsci department was a real plus, aswell as the uber-pretty surroundings.
I stayed in part of the main building to the right of the main quad, and got to share a lounge area with a Chemistry guy, so it was really nice to have the company.
And I just loved the people while at the college. Everyone was genuinely "bloody nice chaps", and the compsci tutors seemed nice too.

Oh wow, sounds like you must be really good at the piano then :smile: ! I play the piano too (and also the flute) but I'm not too keen on performing in public - get too nervous :eek: ! Are you hoping to apply for an instrumental award? You pretty much applied for the same reasons as me (apart from Worcester being good for Comp Sci of course :tongue: ) - I heard too that Worcester was a musical college (and also apparently a sporty one too), my friend applied there for music but ended up receiving an offer from St Hilda's (her worst nightmare!).

Latest

Trending

Trending