The Student Room Group

AQA XMCAS2 june 8 2011

hi guys couldnt find a thread on this exam so here it is
is anyone doing this exam just wanted to knw how is revision going and where could i get the exam past papers because i cant find them on the aqa website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pilot papers suck!!!! did june 2008 and got 117/125 which is great but jan 11 and june 2010 are a lot harder
Reply 2
Original post by Sheldon
Pilot papers suck!!!! did june 2008 and got 117/125 which is great but jan 11 and june 2010 are a lot harder

i know they do but its a second chance and what more do u want really
i did june 08 and it was an ok paper but then when i did a jan 10 paper it had an 11 mark question on it

do u know where i can get the jan 11 and june 10 paper from my maths teacher sed they are not avail on aqa website
Reply 3
Original post by hahaff
i know they do but its a second chance and what more do u want really
i did june 08 and it was an ok paper but then when i did a jan 10 paper it had an 11 mark question on it

do u know where i can get the jan 11 and june 10 paper from my maths teacher sed they are not avail on aqa website

Send me your email in private mail and i can scan you my Jan 11 and june 10 papers but i only have the jan 11 markscheme
Reply 4
there must be someone who did the pilot exam today
i thought that the exam was ok until the 9th question where it was really hard
really hoping aqa lower the grade boundaries
some people actually gave up thats how hard it was
anyone do this paper
i think this was the hardest paper yet
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
I did it today.. Thought it was awful!!
Reply 6
OMG that exam was a nightmare. I mean they gave hard a new meaning...
One person actually stood up and started shouting because of this exam. Seriously if the grade boundaries don't go down, something is seriously wrong.
Reply 7
Every single person I've spoken to from my college, including myself, found it dreadful, too. The first 10 questions were average, but the proof question and the one with p^3 were impossible. I still don't get it.

Let's just hope C3 and C4 go better next week!
Reply 8
yep i agree with everyone on here
i thought the paper was average and everything was going along nicely right until i got to that prove question after that it all went wrong for me i still dont understand that question 13 the pcubed whatever

the first 7 questions wer not of any difficulty but after that it got hard
something is seriously wrong with aqa if grade boundaries are not lower than usually
some people actually gave up and started to shout and some just went to sleep and some just stared into space
hoping c4 goes better for me next week but i doubt it cos if the c4 exam is like this then i can goodbye uni and hello retaking the year

did anyone get y+2=-1/6(x-8) for the equation of the tangent question which was 6 marks i think
Reply 9
Horrible paper... ;[

12 and 13 were like... wtf?

Did anyone else get 60 and -60 degrees for the trig question where you had to factorise sin theta?

Original post by hahaff
did anyone get y+2=-1/6(x-8) for the equation of the tangent question which was 6 marks i think

Yeah, I got the same answer.
Reply 10
That exam was the hardest one yet without a doubt
Was harder than the past papers I've done
I got the proof question with the p's but couldn't get the trig proof question
Hopefully grade boundaries will be low
Reply 12
did anyone actually manage to answer questions 12 and 13
i got 120 and -120 for the trig question dont think its right

did anyone here get 0.9something for the simpsons rule question and 11pi /5 for the solids question 2
i thought question 11 was a really easy question the functions one where u find the inverse of f and then sub in numbers and sketch the graph and then differentiate to get 0.82 honestly thought that was the easiest question in the exam

i also found the intergration by substition question quite confusing but my answer was -2costhetaEcostheta +2costheta +c i think its rite im not so sure now did anyone else get this answer

did anyone get 8,-1,0 or 8,1,0 for the coordinates of N on the last question
Reply 13
Original post by Mr Incognito
Was harder than the past papers I've done
I got the proof question with the p's but couldn't get the trig proof question
Hopefully grade boundaries will be low

can u remember how u did the proof with the p question i didnt understand it in the exam and still dont understant it
hopefully core 4 will be better
Reply 14
hoping grade boundaries will be low this time round needs to be 88 or lower for an A like in june 09
june 09 was not as hard as this one so grade boundaries need to be lower than 88 for an A
if it isnt then there is something seriously wrong with aqa
Reply 15
i know its to soon but is there a slight chance that someone cud have the paper and upload it
Original post by hahaff
can u remember how u did the proof with the p question i didnt understand it in the exam and still dont understant it
hopefully core 4 will be better

First I worked out dydx\frac{dy}{dx} at the point (p2,2p+3)(p^2,\frac{2}{p}+3).
I got 1p3\frac{-1}{p^3} for dydx\frac{dy}{dx}
Then I worked out the gradient of a straight line using y1y2x1x2\frac{y1-y2}{x1-x2}
Equated that to 1p3\frac{-1}{p^3} then rearranged get all the p's on one side and I got the answer.
Was stumped for a while on that one but I drew a diagram and it came to me.
Reply 17
Original post by Mr Incognito
First I worked out dydx\frac{dy}{dx} at the point (p2,2p+3)(p^2,\frac{2}{p}+3).
I got 1p3\frac{-1}{p^3} for dydx\frac{dy}{dx}
Then I worked out the gradient of a straight line using y1y2x1x2\frac{y1-y2}{x1-x2}
Equated that to 1p3\frac{-1}{p^3} then rearranged get all the p's on one side and I got the answer.
Was stumped for a while on that one but I drew a diagram and it came to me.

i see i got -1/pcubed but then i didnt knw what to do
Reply 18
In january it was 105 out of 125 for an A*, and I think i dropped less than 20 marks, and this was a harder paper. I think I did qs 1-13 ok, but 14 was pretty hard
Reply 19
I thought it was horrendous! I hope this compensates an easier C3 and C4 :|

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending