The Student Room Group

AQA Maths Linear June 2011 Calculator paper (Specification A)

Hey.. what did you guys 'n gals think about this paper oO I found it seriously hard.. wth >.> AQA have made another harder exam for us.. this is pissing me off I've faild.. -.-'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did edexcel and found it just as bad i think i got about 25/28 marks...
Well i ballsed it up, the whole of the second to last question probably took up 30 mins? did you get it???
Reply 3
hey,
i didn't think it was that bad... ? but my working out was SO messy- probably losing so many marks for that!
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Clingfilm
Well i ballsed it up, the whole of the second to last question probably took up 30 mins? did you get it???

Was that the three part quadratic question?
Yeah i fould it alright, only one question got me and it was 2 marks about 6x^2 ...ect = 2/5 , but had around 20 minutes spare at end and answered it, found it easier then the non-calc to be honest.
Reply 6
has anyone made an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 7
Original post by prada1234
has anyone made an unofficial mark scheme?

i think for AQA we can start talking about the Q's after 4:30pm. so don't think anyone has made an unofficial mark scheme just yet.
Reply 8
oh i thought for AQA you could take about it straight after because AQA is not a global board so everyone does it at the same time? :smile:
Reply 9
"Exams from the examination boards AQA, OCR, CCEA and WJEC (other than orals) are fine to talk about straight after the exams because these boards are UK based only."

Free to talk!
Reply 10
Did anyone else get 1/18 for the probability question? 0.16km^2 for the road works question?

Also, was anyone else annoyed with the pie-chart question? All that time and effort just for 4 marks.
(edited 12 years ago)
ughhh some of this paper was impossible!
the pie chart was weirdly worded tbh. i got 160 for the road works one. 12 for the sector question...erm 2.4 for the trial and improvement...12 years for the compound interest....oh 29 point something for the angle using the sine rule..742 and 520 for the moving averages, 147 or something for the average height or whatever it was. 72 degrees for the first question :wink:. £9.50 for the taxi question, then there was a page where you had to solve a load of equations ..i got -1.5 and 6.25. if anyone remembers any more questions say so, because i cant remember any more hehe!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
I got your answer for the road works question. But I messed up the probability question because I forgot that there were two ways of getting all of the combinations. I think the answer should have been 4/72 but I put 2/72 and didn't show any working :frown: . Also, did anyone know how to solve the equation by drawing a straight line question?

Anyway, what do people think the grade boundaries will be like. I thought that Monday's paper was very easy but that this one was harder.
Reply 13
I got 11 years for the compound interest and rounded to 30 for the angle using the sine rule.
reckon about 65% for an A ( i hope! )
Reply 15
Original post by sugar008443
ughhh some of this paper was impossible!
the pie chart was weirdly worded tbh. i got 160 for the road works one. 12 for the sector question...erm 2.4 for the trial and improvement...12 years for the compound interest....oh 29 point something for the angle using the sine rule..742 and 520 for the moving averages, 147 or something for the average height or whatever it was. 72 degrees for the first question :wink:. £9.50 for the taxi question, then there was a page where you had to solve a load of equations ..i got -1.5 and 6.25. if anyone remembers any more questions say so, because i cant remember any more hehe!

i got pretty much the same as you tbh i found the pie shart one easy for 4 marks :|
and all my answers were the same as you
are you on about the equations on the page before the vector question if so
the first one was just substituting x=-1 in and youd get the answer 2/5
second part was working out
and the 3rd bit was factorising
Reply 16
what do you think will be the grade boundaries for and A* overall taking into account the level of difficulty for both papers? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Bruno
I got your answer for the road works question. But I messed up the probability question because I forgot that there were two ways of getting all of the combinations. I think the answer should have been 4/72 but I put 2/72 and didn't show any working :frown: . Also, did anyone know how to solve the equation by drawing a straight line question?

Anyway, what do people think the grade boundaries will be like. I thought that Monday's paper was very easy but that this one was harder.

for the probability question i drew a two way table and it was 3/81 which cancelled to 1/27
Reply 18
Original post by saba146
for the probability question i drew a two way table and it was 3/81 which cancelled to 1/27

You shouldn't be getting a denominator of 81. Remember you were taking one out, then another, which meant the second one would be 1/8 probability.
Reply 19
So what does everyone think about whether will be a high or a low grade boundary?

I'm thinking about 77%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending