The Student Room Group

AQA Maths Linear June 2011 Calculator paper (Specification A)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by glurblug
You shouldn't be getting a denominator of 81. Remember you were taking one out, then another, which meant the second one would be 1/8 probability.

did it say one at a time ?
i swear it just said find the probablitiy of picking to cards out which added to 16 ? :s-smilie:
ah well :/
Reply 21
This paper was a lot harder than Monday's paper, man!!!
Reply 22
Original post by saba146
what do you think will be the grade boundaries for and A* overall taking into account the level of difficulty for both papers? :smile:

As these papers were like hard.. compared to other papers.. I think around

150/200 = A*
130/200 = A
110/200 = B
90/200= C
70= D

Hopefully I hope it'd be that but I think AQA would disregard the difficulty of the papers and do the bog standard

160/200 = A*
130/200 = A
110/200 = B
90 = C
Reply 23
Original post by 710
This paper was a lot harder than Monday's paper, man!!!

Yeah : P I'm hoping I got a minimum of 80 in both papers ): I want an A* bleh...
Reply 24
Original post by saba146
did it say one at a time ?
i swear it just said find the probablitiy of picking to cards out which added to 16 ? :s-smilie:
ah well :/

Actually, I don't think it specified explicitly whether it was with replacement or without. Maybe they'll give marks for both? Does anyone remember the exact wording of the question?
Reply 25
Grade boundaries for the papers...High for Monday's paper, and low for today's exam. I think I should be fine for the A* (I hope!). Anyone else here going for 10A*s (my predicted grades)?
I think the boundries will be lower than other june series exams.
Was the answer to the first Q 72 or 108? I put 72 hope thats right...
Reply 28
Original post by Pro-crastinate
Was the answer to the first Q 72 or 108? I put 72 hope thats right...

What was the first question?
Original post by Bruno
What was the first question?

lol, it was the one where you had to find the angle of the shape.
Reply 30
360/5 = 72 degrees. Guys, when our exams are marked, are they marked as separate units, ie: 2 separate marks out of 100 UMS for each paper, and then added to give us a mark out of 200; or is it 'one' overall total of the two papers out of 200, which is then converted to a mark out of 200 UMS?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AQA have different boundaries for the A* for each option. Anybody know?
Reply 31

It was exterior angle and IIRC a pentagon so yes, 72 is right.
Reply 32
Original post by glurblug
Did anyone else get 1/18 for the probability question? 0.16km^2 for the road works question?

Also, was anyone else annoyed with the pie-chart question? All that time and effort just for 4 marks.

Yes, Yes and I totally agree :smile: It just felt like a waste of time!
Original post by 710
360/5 = 72 degrees. Guys, when our exams are marked, are they marked as separate units, ie: 2 separate marks out of 100 UMS for each paper, and then added to give us a mark out of 200; or is it 'one' overall total of the two papers out of 200, which is then converted to a mark out of 200 UMS?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AQA have different boundaries for the A* for each option. Anybody know?

Yes my mate was like I got the first Q wrong. Yh the total UMS is out of 200. 100 UMS for each paper.
Reply 34

I think it was 72
Reply 35
Oh ok. So we get one mark out of 100 UMS for Monday's paper, and then another mark out of 100 UMS for today's paper. These are then added to give us a total out of 200, where 180 = A*, 160 = A, and so on.....Hopefully, we will get high UMS marks for the first paper, and then not too bad in the second one, so that we all end up with the grades we want! :wink: To be fair, I think the grade boundaries will be good.
Reply 36
Original post by sugar008443
ughhh some of this paper was impossible!
the pie chart was weirdly worded tbh. i got 160 for the road works one. 12 for the sector question...erm 2.4 for the trial and improvement...12 years for the compound interest....oh 29 point something for the angle using the sine rule..742 and 520 for the moving averages, 147 or something for the average height or whatever it was. 72 degrees for the first question :wink:. £9.50 for the taxi question, then there was a page where you had to solve a load of equations ..i got -1.5 and 6.25. if anyone remembers any more questions say so, because i cant remember any more hehe!

I got 2.4 for the trial improvement
12 yrs for interest
I rounded 29.95 to 30 for the sine rule
I got same as you for moving average and taxi and pentagon ... oh and the equations I think
.... But I got 0.16km^2 for the road works because I think you should times by 0.008km (8m) and not 8km which I did to begin with.
Overall I didn't find it an impossible paper but thought it was harder than the non-calc.
Reply 37
I put 30.0 for the sine rule question. Was that a mistake?
Reply 38
Original post by sugar008443
ughhh some of this paper was impossible!
the pie chart was weirdly worded tbh. i got 160 for the road works one. 12 for the sector question...erm 2.4 for the trial and improvement...12 years for the compound interest....oh 29 point something for the angle using the sine rule..742 and 520 for the moving averages, 147 or something for the average height or whatever it was. 72 degrees for the first question :wink:. £9.50 for the taxi question, then there was a page where you had to solve a load of equations ..i got -1.5 and 6.25. if anyone remembers any more questions say so, because i cant remember any more hehe!

OMG i got the same answers (kinda).
HOPE WE'RE RIGHT!! for the probability Q. i got 2/81. :s-smilie: is that right? cuz it said AT LEAST 16, so could be 8 and 9 OR 7 and 9. ??
also for the investment one i wasn't sure whether i should put 11 or 12 years as the one for 12 was a bit too much however 11 years was a bit too little too.. ? but at the end i decided to put 12.
Reply 39
Original post by zzz.
OMG i got the same answers (kinda).
HOPE WE'RE RIGHT!! for the probability Q. i got 2/81. :s-smilie: is that right? cuz it said AT LEAST 16, so could be 8 and 9 OR 7 and 9. ??
also for the investment one i wasn't sure whether i should put 11 or 12 years as the one for 12 was a bit too much however 11 years was a bit too little too.. ? but at the end i decided to put 12.

Or 9 and 8 or 9 and 7. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending