The Student Room Group

AQA Maths Linear June 2011 Calculator paper (Specification A)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by glurblug
I put 30.0 for the sine rule question. Was that a mistake?

Nope I think you're right :smile: It was 29.95 so to 3 sfs it's 30.0 :biggrin:
Reply 41
Or 9 and 8 or 9 and 7. :colone:

Crap... :frown: so it was 4/81?
Reply 42
Or 9 and 8 or 9 and 7. :colone:

oh no i puut 3/ 81
realising that you cant pick the 8 card out twice :| FML
Reply 43
Original post by Mango9963
The probability of getting a 9 was 1/9
then after that the probability of getting a 7 or and 8 was 2/8
So the probability of them together was 1/9 X 2/8
which equals 2/72 Or 1/36
???

but apparantly it didnt specify whether it wasn't being replaced thus, maybe he picked them both at once or something like that. the wording was sooo S*IT.
Reply 44
Original post by zzz.
Crap... :frown: so it was 4/81?

I think it was 4/72 because you can't pick the same number out twice but that isn't what I put :frown:
Reply 45
What did everyone put for the find the radius question I think it was? I got 12, I know a few others that got 12 also, but not sure if its correct. It gave the angle and the area of sector!
Reply 46
Original post by faye94
What did everyone put for the find the radius question I think it was? I got 12, I know a few others that got 12 also, but not sure if its correct. It gave the angle and the area of sector!

(12^2 * pi)/6 gives an area of 24pi cm^2. I got 6.77 which I think is right. (6.77^2 * pi) / 6 = 23.9981... cm squared.
Reply 47

(12^2 * pi)/6 gives an area of 24pi cm^2. I got 6.77 which I think is right. (6.77^2 * pi) / 6 = 23.9981... cm squared.

Ohhh no, thank you.. Hopefully get a method mark or something
Reply 48
what did people get for the very last question! and for the question where you had to drawn a line and shade for -4<x<4 did you shade the uper section or lower?
Did anyone else get 1/18 for the probability question? 0.16km^2 for the road works question?

Also, was anyone else annoyed with the pie-chart question? All that time and effort just for 4 marks.

Yes and yes:smile: I'm pretty certain about those two. I've forgotten if I wrote 0.08 or 0.16 as my answer but ah wel, I'll hope for the best. Did anyone get 1.2 and -3.2 for the quadratics one where you had to draw the line? I drew y=x+2. For the rearranging one I got b=2A/2 -a. I got -1.5 for something too but I've forgotten what. For the pie chart I got 56, 76, 72, and 124 I think, as the angles.
Reply 50
Overall, I think paper 2 was difficult, I'm aiming for an A* and found paper 1 easier.
I got 72 for Q1
12 years for compound interest
-s+r for the vector question (part B, they were co-linear)
9.50 for the taxi
0.16 for the area
For the line, I didnt shade anything, just drew the line inbetween the points 4 and -4. (Am i right)
A radius of 12 for that question!
and 30, for the cosine rule, (cant remember what i got for the sin rule)
a = 2A/bh for the trapezium 'I think thats what i put?'

What did you guys get for the value of 'h', when you were given the base of a triangle?

And I spent aaages On the pie chart question, as I didnt actually see the pie chart for the year 11 on the other page and was really confused!!! haha.
Original post by faye94

I got this! 60degrees/360degrees=1/6. 24pi x 6 = total circle area= 144pi. area=pi x r^2 so 144pi/pi = 144. root144 = 12 :smile:
Original post by jim1995
Overall, I think paper 2 was difficult, I'm aiming for an A* and found paper 1 easier.
I got 72 for Q1
12 years for compound interest
-s+r for the vector question (part B, they were co-linear)
9.50 for the taxi
0.16 for the area
For the line, I didnt shade anything, just drew the line inbetween the points 4 and -4. (Am i right)
A radius of 12 for that question!
and 30, for the cosine rule, (cant remember what i got for the sin rule)
a = 2A/bh for the trapezium 'I think thats what i put?'

What did you guys get for the value of 'h', when you were given the base of a triangle?

And I spent aaages On the pie chart question, as I didnt actually see the pie chart for the year 11 on the other page and was really confused!!! haha.

I really don't remember shading anything in either, I just drew a line...
Original post by Bruno
I think it was 4/72 because you can't pick the same number out twice but that isn't what I put :frown:

But there are 36 different number combinations in total? So there are 2 possible combinations per time as there is only one of each card: 7+9 and 8+9 therefore wouldn't the answer be 2/36 or 1/18
Reply 54
Original post by Member737,514
I got this! 60degrees/360degrees=1/6. 24pi x 6 = total circle area= 144pi. area=pi x r^2 so 144pi/pi = 144. root144 = 12 :smile:

Wasn't the area of the sector 24cm^2, not 24pi cm^2?
Would I get three marks out of the four available for writing 0.08 for the lane area one? I worked it all out and everything however I'm not sure if I multiplied it by 2 for the two equal lanes... really silly I know:frown:
Wasn't the area of the sector 24cm^2, not 24pi cm^2?

I thought the area given was 24picm^2... unless I read it wrong?
Reply 57
wbu the question where u had to work out.... A and B and the H for the trapizium x
Reply 58
Original post by Member737,514
I thought the area given was 24picm^2... unless I read it wrong?

Everyone else seems to have gotten 12 so it's probably me who misread it... Can anyone else confirm whether it was 24pi cm^2 or 24cm^2?
Original post by Syeda786
wbu the question where u had to work out.... A and B and the H for the trapizium x

There are many answers for this... I got 30= 1/2 x 10 x (2+4)
so a= 2, b=4 and h=10

Then I rearranged it for the following question to: b= 2A/h - a. Did anyone else get this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending