The Student Room Group

Red tattoos on white people?

Check out his forearm around 20seconds in.

I think that red tattoos seem much better looking than black/grey ones. I really haven't got much of a clue about them, but I would take a guess and say they would look better than darker ones when you're older aswel?

It just seems to suit the skin much better, kind of like darker tattoos and darker coloured skin.

What do you think of them?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tattoos on people are so naff.

Back in the 80/90's it was bad ass to have a tattoo as few people had them.

Nowadays everyone has one. They look tacky
Nothing beats a well toned unblemished muscular body.
Reply 2
Original post by bestofyou

I think that red tattoos seem much better looking than black/grey ones. I really haven't got much of a clue about them, but I would take a guess and say they would look better than darker ones when you're older aswel?

It just seems to suit the skin much better, kind of like darker tattoos and darker coloured skin.

Is he white? He's very attractive!
Reply 3
Original post by lawbot

naff?

Yeah, thats sort of what I'm saying. I hate tattoos, but I'm coming round to the idea of these red ones.

Original post by Rasmus85
Is he white? He's very attractive!

Can't you see yourself he is white?

Brandon Boyd, top class artist from a top class band.
They're alright, nothing special imo, although can't see very much of his arm tbh :smile:
Reply 5
Firstly, tattoos are awesome, so stfu and gtfo

Secondly the trouble with red tattoos like that one are that the lines will become faded after time, its a general rule that black lines hold in colour and hold the shape of the tattoo.

A personal rule of mine is you should never get a tattoo unless it means something to you, it's not a fashion statement.

Original post by lawbot

You're an idiot.
Reply 6
Original post by Bones666

You're an idiot.

Pot calling kettle.

Let me translate your statement.

"my opinion is more valid than yours because I shout louder and use profanity"
Reply 7
Original post by Bones666

Secondly the trouble with red tattoos like that one are that the lines will become faded after time, its a general rule that black lines hold in colour and hold the shape of the tattoo.

A personal rule of mine is you should never get a tattoo unless it means something to you, it's not a fashion statement.

You're an idiot.

Yeah, I don't plan on getting one until I have something that I feel is worth putting it on my skin.

But if I do ever get a tattoo, I think I'll get a red one.

I could just keep getting it touched up ever 5years or so? How long do they take to fade etc?
His tattoo looks pretty ****.

Bright-coloured tattoos usually look crap.

Brandon Boyd, top class artist from a top class band.

I honestly never thought I'd agree with you on anything :awesome: But this is so true.

I quite like red-ish coloured tattoos, they're a lot more subtle than black and look better generally. They look a lot like fresh scarification, which for some reason I am really drawn too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
I don't think it looks better than black ink at all. Looks quite vulgar.

Incubus are awesome.

That is all.
Reply 12
It certainly won't look better than black tattoos when you are older because coloured tattoos lose their shape and 'blur' over time, whilst black tattoos do that the least. I have no desire to get a tattoo but even I know that from watching Miami Ink.
Reply 13
Original post by lawbot

I have two tats and I agree everyone has them now. at least mine mean something to me.
Original post by Sakura-Chan
I honestly never thought I'd agree with you on anything :awesome: But this is so true.

I quite like red-ish coloured tattoos, they're a lot more subtle than black and look better generally. They look a lot like fresh scarification, which for some reason I am really drawn too. Just with the added bonus of not really being able to correct a scar later on.

This is exactly why I don't like them. I think red IN tattoos look okay, my brother got a few bits around his Koi fish in red. It's not so in your face, I guess.

But the scarification creeps me out a little bit.
I think red is a pretty loud colour to have on pale skin.
Reply 15
Original post by tnajamie
I have two tats and I agree everyone has them now. at least mine mean something to me.

I dont hate all tattoos

Some look really ace - its just that everyone has them now it has become boring
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by lawbot
I dont hate all tattoos

Some look really ace - its just that everyone has them now it has become boring

I do agree! I love to hear the stories about peoples tattoos though.
Reply 17
Original post by lawbot
Pot calling kettle.

Let me translate your statement.

"my opinion is more valid than yours because I shout louder and use profanity"

My opinion matters because i know what i'm talking about :smile: Also i don't insult an entire social circle of people with my comments, i just insult you.

Yeah, I don't plan on getting one until I have something that I feel is worth putting it on my skin.

But if I do ever get a tattoo, I think I'll get a red one.

I could just keep getting it touched up ever 5years or so? How long do they take to fade etc?

Yea but my advice would be to get black lining, even a thin line would make a tattoo like that pop and you would barely be able to see the line from a distance. Trouble is without the line the ink would dispurse in like 10-15 years or so, so you would end up with a red splodge on your arm. Any tattoo shop artist would tell you most of this :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by Sakura-Chan

I quite like red-ish coloured tattoos, they're a lot more subtle than black and look better generally. They look a lot like fresh scarification, which for some reason I am really drawn too.

Have you checked out the new album yet?

I can't remember agruing with you on anything. Got any examples of things you don't agree on?
Have you checked out the new album yet?

Nah I haven't, but I might. Is it any good? I was so disappointed with Light Grenades that I haven't bothered listening to any of their newer stuff, just reverted back to gems like S.CI.E.N.C.E instead.

Quick Reply

Latest