The Student Room Group

Red light cameras

I was driving today and was at a crossroads waiting to turn right on a traffic light junction. As the flow of traffic that was coming from in front of me stopped, the car I was behind stalled before moving off again.

However as I turned right into the road I was going into the traffic lights had already turned red. If I had stayed where I was I would have blocked the road. When I turned into the road I noticed a red light camera facing me, but I have always been lead to believe they only work from behind not the front. So I guess what I’m asking is, would the red light camera have caught me turning into the road going towards it or would it only be for people who are coming out of the road I was turning into? If that makes sense.
Original post by MikePL
I was driving today and was at a crossroads waiting to turn right on a traffic light junction. As the flow of traffic that was coming from in front of me stopped, the car I was behind stalled before moving off again.

However as I turned right into the road I was going into the traffic lights had already turned red. If I had stayed where I was I would have blocked the road. When I turned into the road I noticed a red light camera facing me, but I have always been lead to believe they only work from behind not the front. So I guess what I’m asking is, would the red light camera have caught me turning into the road going towards it or would it only be for people who are coming out of the road I was turning into? If that makes sense.

Had you crossed the white stop line whilst the light was green, and were simply waiting within the junction for the opportunity to turn right? If so, then you're fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending