Got an offer!!!
AAA or A*AB for Mathematics!
So happy :smile:

Hey will you be accepting Suusex?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 521
Sussex seem to have fallen asleep, still no offer.
woooop wooooooop offer at last ! :smile: will definately firm it as my grades wont be as good as most, just happy that i can go :smile:

computing sciences with a foundation year...
Original post by jimbo lad
woooop wooooooop offer at last ! :smile: will definately firm it as my grades wont be as good as most, just happy that i can go :smile:

Congrats.:biggrin:

YAY finally!!
Original post by Summer Amor
Hey will you be accepting Suusex?

Probably not, I prefer Lancaster and they gave me an offer too so that'll probably be my firm.

:smile:

congratz :smile:
All you people that are firming Sussex I need advice! I have an offer for politics and sociology but can't decide between Sussex and Exeter...what made you firm Sussex?
Unsuccessful from Sussex, guttered but glad I have my 4 other choices in the bag now so none of that nervous feeling when ucas emails!
Does anybody know where Mathematics with a foundation year is taught? is it on campus or in a college?
i havent got a reply from them yet and am really sared if i get an offer its deffo gunna be my firm :smile: doing maths foundation so anyone........
Reply 531
Does anybody know where Mathematics with a foundation year is taught? is it on campus or in a college?

I'd like to know this about the physics with foundation year as well, although I've still not got an offer.

EDIT: just looked at the website and it doesn't say Crawley like Computer Science does so I'm guessing on campus?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CHAZAA123
EDIT: just looked at the website and it doesn't say Crawley like Computer Science does so I'm guessing on campus?

Thank you so much. I will just email them to confirm this. I would prefer to learn at the university itself rather that at a college
Original post by CHAZAA123

What course are you applying for? Will you be firming Sussex?
Hi, so my two favourite unis are Durham and Sussex and I have offers from them both (both AAB).
I like Sussex because its near London (where I live) and because I like Brighton. Also I like that it is a campus and I love Brighthelme accommodation at Sussex because of the balconies!!
But then the course for Anthropology looks really good at Durham plus I would be catered and so wouldn't have to spend loads of time frapping around trying to learn how to cook!
A factor which goes against Durham is that it is quite sporty unlike me.
Then I'm worried incase I don't meet the grades but think Sussex would be way more flexible then Durham!
What do u guys think? What would you do if you were in my shoes?? :smile:
Reply 536
Original post by KayeO'Doherty
Hi, so my two favourite unis are Durham and Sussex and I have offers from them both (both AAB).
I like Sussex because its near London (where I live) and because I like Brighton. Also I like that it is a campus and I love Brighthelme accommodation at Sussex because of the balconies!!
But then the course for Anthropology looks really good at Durham plus I would be catered and so wouldn't have to spend loads of time frapping around trying to learn how to cook!
Then I'm worried incase I don't meet the grades but think Sussex would be way more flexible then Durham!

I think I met you at the open day last saturday?! :smile:
Obviously I can't really give you an opinion since I adored Sussex haha, but I'm so scared I'm not gonna make the grades either - hoping they might be nice and let me in anyway! :redface: I wouldn't be too worried about the self-catered thing if that's major for you, you're gonna have to cook in the second year anyway so i guess it's good to learn in your first :tongue: Brighthelm did look good though - the rooms were so big and they have a bath :biggrin:
Reply 537

I've firmed Sussex for Geography, so if you end uo choosing them we'll be in the same department! :smile:
That's a big dilemma. The bottom line is, they both have solid reputations as universities, however Durham is more prestigious overall which might help your employment a bit.
In terms of location/social aspect Sussex will be far better; the city is really vibrant and the nightlife is great. Durham as a town is far more traditional so there probably wont be as much to do. It really depends on what your priorities are - prestige or location and social life :smile:

Also i am DESPERATE to get into Brighthelm, the Kitchens looked so nice!
Reply 538
Original post by alexorton

All you people that are firming Sussex I need advice! I have an offer for politics and sociology but can't decide between Sussex and Exeter...what made you firm Sussex?

I'll give you one empowering sentence - A consistently ranked top 20 university that balances high academic standards with an excellent rural location, close proximity to one of the best student cities in the country, and a great overall balance between social life and studying :smile:

There's also a moat (ha)

Hello, I've firmed exeter and insured sussex for Biology. I really like sussex but the prestige of Exeter steals it for me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending