The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2012 Applicant's Thread

Hey guys,

As a tradition I'd like to start an Exeter 2012 entry thread (seeing as there is none at the current moment).

Post your course/subject, decisions etc.

I myself am applying for Biology C100. Fingers crossed to all!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nice idea, been looking for one of these for ages!
Im going to apply for English :smile:
Whereabouts are you from?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by RubyRuby94

Nice idea, been looking for one of these for ages!
Im going to apply for English :smile:
Whereabouts are you from?

I'm from London, but am currently living abroad in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (my fourth year here and about to graduate in 2012!). How about you?
Original post by ppincus
Hey guys,

As a tradition I'd like to start an Exeter 2012 entry thread (seeing as there is none at the current moment).

Post your course/subject, decisions etc.

I myself am applying for Biology C100. Fingers crossed to all!

Hopefully i'll be studying Archaeology and Anthropology.......fingers crossed :smile:
Hey, I'm applying for Zoology (at the Cornwall campus) and am already super nervous about the whole thing!
Reply 5
Original post by deadsmurfette

Original post by deadsmurfette
Hey, I'm applying for Zoology (at the Cornwall campus) and am already super nervous about the whole thing!

Me too! I'm so worried of rejections from the universities I'm planning to apply to.
Reply 6
I'm also applying for Zoology, I started a thread to ask anyone about it but no one's really helped much haha. I loved the Cornwall Campus and Falmouth, just hoping I get in! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ppincus
I'm from London, but am currently living abroad in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (my fourth year here and about to graduate in 2012!). How about you?

Oh wow! Yeah am from and in London :smile:
Reply 8
Applying for Zoology at the Cornwall Campus! Already so nervous, just finished the first draft of my personal statement...
Reply 9

Oh wow! Yeah am from and in London :smile:

Whereabouts? :biggrin:
Hello, I'll probably apply here for English. Does everyone recommend? Nice area? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by TotalLifeForever

Hello, I'll probably apply here for English. Does everyone recommend? Nice area? :smile:

My friend's sister is transferring to Exeter this year. She says it's a splendid city with a nice student life. What more can you require, honestly? (:
Original post by ppincus
My friend's sister is transferring to Exeter this year. She says it's a splendid city with a nice student life. What more can you require, honestly? (:

Sounds lovely. Pretty set on applying myself, might have a look down there soon enough :smile: anyone know the differences between the campuses?
Hi! I'm applying for classics with a year abroad :woo:

this is all so exciting
I'm having a look through prospectuses and I quite like the look at the maths course at Exeter so I've ordered one. Probably going to apply. :smile:
I'd like to do English with a year in North America :biggrin:

Is there anyone else looking at the year in America or anyone with info about how much it would cost, which american college is best or anything like that etc?

Cheers :smile:

Sounds lovely. Pretty set on applying myself, might have a look down there soon enough :smile: anyone know the differences between the campuses?

As i gather

The difference between Exeter and Cornwall is basically size; Exeter is larger, busier and more competitive (higher offers!) whereas Cornwall is smaller and a bit more quiet.

Between the two Exeter campuses I think the main difference is literally the courses available; it looks like St Luke's offers Education, Sport & Health type courses whereas Streatham is everything else really!

This is only based on what I've read etc so do correct me if I'm wrong :tongue:
Original post by HannahtheFauves
I'd like to do English with a year in North America :biggrin:

Is there anyone else looking at the year in America or anyone with info about how much it would cost, which american college is best or anything like that etc?

Cheers :smile:

I didn't know you could do this! I would love to do this, if you do find out more information please let me know :smile: And also thanks for the info on the campuses!
Reply 18
Original post by Skara666

Original post by Skara666
Hopefully i'll be studying Archaeology and Anthropology.......fingers crossed :smile:

Fellow Arc and Anther!! Where else are you applying? :smile:
I've just discovered that one of my cousins goes to Exeter already, and my other cousin wants to as well. And one of my teachers went.

Might go and annoy them with a few questions about it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest