The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gozatron
Point taken, i'll simply drink £60 worth of champagne and the night basically pays for itself!

Can't wait for BAB and CAN, MJM is screwing me over at the moment!

MJM was surprisingly ok for me, it was digestion that nearly got me (got 51% :eek: )
though I've heard Wilton has scrapped extended matching questions for True/False with an added statement... is that right? If it is then that is Harsh with a capital H!
Original post by My-My-My

Original post by My-My-My
MJM was surprisingly ok for me, it was digestion that nearly got me (got 51% :eek: )
though I've heard Wilton has scrapped extended matching questions for True/False with an added statement... is that right? If it is then that is Harsh with a capital H!

Yep scrapped! T/F explain q's are absolute pains in the arse!
isn't it really tough to get in... like 7A*s at GCSE
Reply 1583
Original post by sgeorge11
isn't it really tough to get in... like 7A*s at GCSE

Yeah but I think that's because they don't look at the UKCAT
Reply 1584
Original post by <XOXO>
Hey guys,

this is my first interview (less than a week), i'm really nervous and was wondering if there's any tips you (those who have been/or preparing for an interview) could give? :/

And is it true they give you a scientific question pre interview??

Hey last year they asked a question pre interview I think as a trial to see if it helped pick out candidates. I think it didnt work but they used the same letter, because no one seems to have got a question this year.

At interview just be relaxed, you know what you've done to investigate medicine so just get that all across, and be someone who'd fit in with other people and get involved at Birmingham.
Good luck :smile:
Original post by lilo891
Hey last year they asked a question pre interview I think as a trial to see if it helped pick out candidates. I think it didnt work but they used the same letter, because no one seems to have got a question this year.

At interview just be relaxed, you know what you've done to investigate medicine so just get that all across, and be someone who'd fit in with other people and get involved at Birmingham.
Good luck :smile:

Thank you!
Are there any GEC's on here either in 1st year or going to be starting 1st year in September?
How long after the interview do they reply?
Reply 1588
Original post by Funky_Climber
Are there any GEC's on here either in 1st year or going to be starting 1st year in September?

You mean on the 5yr or 4yr course? There's a couple for both I think....

Original post by Blackshadow

Mine was 8 days :smile: good luck
Reply 1589
Just wondering for the interview all you need is photographic ID right? No photocopies of GCSE/ AS certificates? Thanks!
Original post by sam43
Just wondering for the interview all you need is photographic ID right? No photocopies of GCSE/ AS certificates? Thanks!

Yeah just a photographic ID, no need for photocopies of GCSE/AS certificates unless they ask you for them specifically.
So it looks like im going to firm Birmingham after my imperial rejection. Is anyone else firming Bham ?
I withdrew my application to Birmingham a while ago so I can stop lurking on this page now :colondollar: Good luck though to everyone who is yet to hear pre or post interview :smile:

Edit: Sorry, not quite sure what I have done here? I've followed this thread for a while and have gotten questions about my Birmingham application, so decided to post what happened. Don't quite know how this offended people :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1593
Original post by itsme2011
So it looks like im going to firm Birmingham after my imperial rejection. Is anyone else firming Bham ?

yup... firmed bham a few days ago... waiting for undergrad offer guide package now :biggrin:
Original post by lilo891
You mean on the 5yr or 4yr course? There's a couple for both I think....

Mine was 8 days :smile: good luck

Either, I'm going to start the 4 year though
Reply 1595
I'm just wondering.. How many internationals do they interview each year?? I'm just calculating my chances :P
Original post by Blackshadow

They say average 2 weeks but i think it varies, one of my friend heard back 2 days after her interview and another 2 months.

Hope that helps :smile:
I still haven't heard from Birmingham - what's the latest they get back to you by? Does anyone know? Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 1598

uhuh i'm firming birmingham. :smile: what's your second choice?
Reply 1599

lol rejected from imperial as well.
bham firm! wooo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending