Reply 1780
Original post by annony
hey same here i got rejected
dont know why?
not even an interview...so puzzled :s-smilie:
so upset :frown:

what were your stats?
Original post by *_*
Hey guys, I had my interview today, but I got there late so my prep time got cut down by a tiny bit. (stupidly got lost)

I didn't realise there was another side to the questionnaire. Do you think they will mind if I didn't fill this bit in? I think they just use it after the interview and will realise my mistake, so I hope I'm fine.

Hey, I've got mine tomorrow. Worried about the questionnaire now! Are you talking about the pre interview form? Or is it a genuine questionnaire you do right there and then before the interview?
Reply 1782
Original post by daboss
what were your stats?

AAAAB -AS
7A* 4A - GCSE
635 - UKCAT

didnt know i was that terrible
(my friend had 605 AABB for AS and 9A* 1A for GCSE and got interviewed)
quite puzzled and im crying ...
Reply 1783
Original post by annony
AAAAB -AS
7A* 4A - GCSE
635 - UKCAT

Kings has a sliding scale for ukcat and grades. your friend had 2 more A* than you so they got interviewed with a low ukcat. This is at least my understanding. Cause getting an interview with a 605 at Kings is a pretty insane accomplishment...
Reply 1784
Original post by SirMuffin
Hey, I've got mine tomorrow. Worried about the questionnaire now! Are you talking about the pre interview form? Or is it a genuine questionnaire you do right there and then before the interview?

Don't worry, honestly, it's the pre-inetrview form - just a few basic questions typically asked at interview so that they focus on you during the actual interview. To avoid stress arrive with plenty of time to find the place unless you know where it is already. Most importantly just be yourself they've done this loads they'll know if you're not genuine/spouting rehearsed answers.
Good luck! :-)
Reply 1785
Original post by annony
AAAAB -AS
7A* 4A - GCSE
635 - UKCAT

I know its disappointing but don't cry - you have the other unis that you've applied to and it's all about doing Medicine not the university - all med schools are amazing places to study and you'll enjoy it wherever you go.
just a question- once at the interview stage do the take everything into account for making the decision for an offer/rejection (i.e. do they still look at gcse's ukcat as scores etc) or is just purely on interview performance that they look at??
Original post by annony
AAAAB -AS
7A* 4A - GCSE
635 - UKCAT

Hey love, dont cry, think about it as extreme competition, you cant be bad at all if you applied to med school? I got rejected yesterday and I really wanted to go Kings! But dont worry , i dint get interviewed either. There are a lot of applicants! Just focus on this year and getting your grades. Good luck with your other universities! :smile:
Original post by Constricule
just a question- once at the interview stage do the take everything into account for making the decision for an offer/rejection (i.e. do they still look at gcse's ukcat as scores etc) or is just purely on interview performance that they look at??

Purely interview as far as I was aware.
Reply 1789
Original post by .eXe
Kings has a sliding scale for ukcat and grades. your friend had 2 more A* than you so they got interviewed with a low ukcat. This is at least my understanding. Cause getting an interview with a 605 at Kings is a pretty insane accomplishment...

Original post by 3venStaR
I know its disappointing but don't cry - you have the other unis that you've applied to and it's all about doing Medicine not the university - all med schools are amazing places to study and you'll enjoy it wherever you go.

Original post by sheen-bean
Hey love, dont cry, think about it as extreme competition, you cant be bad at all if you applied to med school? I got rejected yesterday and I really wanted to go Kings! But dont worry , i dint get interviewed either. There are a lot of applicants! Just focus on this year and getting your grades. Good luck with your other universities! :smile:

thank you!!
im still pretty down
its just that i mucked up bmat and now this so theres two rejections already!

just feeling depressed and all im thinking whats the point of working for good alevels when there is no where to go..

sorry for the rant!
thank you and best of luck to everyone!
Original post by annony
thank you!!
im still pretty down

just feeling depressed and all im thinking whats the point of working for good alevels when there is no where to go..

sorry for the rant!

Good A levels can help to get you wherever you want.
Reply 1791
Still waiting for King's....my sister got her rejection today and she hasn't heared back yet from Nottingham so I feel guilty about my interview there :frown:
Reply 1792
[QUOTE="michelle_fudgie;35329491"]
Original post by wavezone113

Nope, this is not true. I got my offer last year and had a UKCAT score of about 670. The good think with King's is that they asses everything. GCSEs, UKCAT, experience, etc.

It's true!
Reply 1793
Original post by Fuero
Still waiting for King's....my sister got her rejection today and she hasn't heared back yet from Nottingham so I feel guilty about my interview there :frown:

Random question Fuero - when did your sister have her interview? I'm trying to track where they're up to, since I haven't heard anything in a long time! Worried! :s-smilie:

:smile: Thank you! :confused:
Reply 1794
Original post by annony
thank you!!
im still pretty down

sorry for the rant!

To get excellent A level is more important for you now!
Reply 1795
Original post by sheen-bean

did they reject via portal or email ? :/
Sorry if someone's asked this before, but was just wondering: if you are a graduate applying to the 5 year medicine course, do you have to fulfill the Chemistry and Biology A-level requirements like the A-level applicants do? Or is just having an undergraduate degree at 2:1 or above in any subject sufficient (like it is if you are applying for the graduate entry 4 year course)?
Original post by realm
did they reject via portal or email ? :/

I got rejected by portal...
Original post by GabriellaDF
Sorry if someone's asked this before, but was just wondering: if you are a graduate applying to the 5 year medicine course, do you have to fulfill the Chemistry and Biology A-level requirements like the A-level applicants do? Or is just having an undergraduate degree at 2:1 or above in any subject sufficient (like it is if you are applying for the graduate entry 4 year course)?

Just answered my own question by reading the prospectus properly- lol! Still, it seems a bit weird to me that, if you're a graduate, they want you to have a pass in Biology and Chemistry A-levels for the 5 year as well as your undergraduate degree, but if you apply to the far more intense 4 year program, they're fine with you just having an degree in any subject...
Reply 1799
Rejected :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending