The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER I PASSED THE APPLICATION FORM STAGE!!! Sorry, that needed to be said. I completed my app form on the 23rd of Oct so I'm getting a bit impatient.
Original post by TenerifeRockstar
I did the graduate fast stream, and I could practice for both he Verbal reasoning (20 correct/32) and the numerical (9 correct/15) but I have no clue how this compares to other people's results...

I got higher than that and was rejected. Still waiting for feedback from the real tests.
Reply 382
Original post by Tensa_Zangetsu

I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER I PASSED THE APPLICATION FORM STAGE!!! Sorry, that needed to be said. I completed my app form on the 23rd of Oct so I'm getting a bit impatient.

First off, loving the name

Secondly, thats a bit odd that you've been waiting that long. I got my success message through for the tests last tuesday, I finished my application on Friday and got my invite the same day? I don't know about other schemes but I'm on for the GFS with Diplomatic Service as first choice
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 383
And from what I can remember last year the application wasn't a knock out stage. I.e. they don't look at it just yet think it's in the AC that it become relevant.

If you're wondering just give them a call, they are pretty nice and they helped navigate me last year to my Etray (I couldn't find it for the life of me!)
Reply 384
Sorry to hear you got rejected, how long after you submitted the form did they let you know?

Thanks. I found out 10 days after my application was submitted. With the Social Research stream I found out that I was successful 10 days after I submitted my application. If you're still waiting it may be worth an email just asking when you can expect to find out as I know the second open day is at the end of this month...I would assume you should know either way before then...?
Reply 385
Good luck boys and girls.

I'm a second year FSer at the moment - happy to answer any questions you may have. I remember it being hard to get info beyond the marketing they put out so very happy to answer questions via PM.
Reply 386
Original post by Thirteen
@ Cloud 9 - I should have mentioned - I've failed these tests more than once before, so don't feel bad! Someone once told me only about 5% of the population can actually pass these tests - I have no idea if that's true but it does put things in perspective.

Thanks very much :smile: Yeh I think I might indeed apply again next year. I'll try out my other options for now! I appreciate the help and wish you the best of luck, I can see you really want it so i hope they see it too! :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by charpcookie
Well I've been lurking in this thread for a month without joining TSR... but I've gone ahead and joined just to have a vent lol.

I got 98% in Verbal and 96% in Maths... but didn't get through because I scored only 51% on the competency questionnaire!! Gah! I think I fit the profile of person they want very well, but I tried to be fair in the competency questionnaire and not come across as cocky and over confident. Guess that wasn't the best strategy :P

Rather frustrated, tbh. It's sooo subjective.

That really is unfair. I also tried to be fair and humble but i think they must be looking for people who are very confident of their abilities or something. I am very confident that i meet the criteria so i think those questions should have been left to interview.
Original post by wmossuk
First off, loving the name

Secondly, thats a bit odd that you've been waiting that long. I got my success message through for the tests last tuesday, I finished my application on Friday and got my invite the same day? I don't know about other schemes but I'm on for the GFS with Diplomatic Service as first choice

I had a proper Bleachathon the day I made my acount on TSR! I'm
Applying to the analytical strea. May have to give them a ring on Monday!
Hi guys! I've been invited to the statistician assessment centre next week and I'm actually quite worried... any advice?? thanks :-)!!!
Reply 390
Original post by megscfc
This is agonising! I completed all the tests on 29th September and still haven't heard. I'm guessing it's going to be bad news as people already have e-tray dates. Just wish they'd tell me so I can move on and stop hoping!

I know, I finished mine on October 19th and I havn't heard either. I wish they would just say, as after reading this thread I am certain I havn't gotten through. I was actually really pleased with my maths, and the verbal always seems fine to me (I mean I do average, but I never hate them). I am sure my personality won't have come out right though, I basically made myself mainly creative I think. I didn't even realise it was such a big deal!
Reply 391
Original post by cherno_samba
Has anyone else applied for the Operational Research Fast Stream?

How are your applications going?

Hi Cherno Samba,

I've applied for the OR Fast Stream as well, passed the tests and completed the application form on 4th Ocotber but still havent heard anything :frown: But I did email them on the 21st October and they said I would find out within 3-4 weeks from that date.

How is yours going?
I got feedback on the questionnaire and apparently performed better than 54% of candidates. How on earth can they give a score for something so vague, when they haven't even made it clear what sort of person they're looking for? It just seems like a total joke to have 'transparent' reasoning tests and then some poxy questionnaire where it seems like randomly clicking buttons would do the job? I'm seriously unimpressed with this system.
Reply 393
Original post by IzzyWizzy
I got feedback on the questionnaire and apparently performed better than 54% of candidates. How on earth can they give a score for something so vague, when they haven't even made it clear what sort of person they're looking for? It just seems like a total joke to have 'transparent' reasoning tests and then some poxy questionnaire where it seems like randomly clicking buttons would do the job? I'm seriously unimpressed with this system.

I completely agree with you, it seems a really unfair way to do it. How did you do in verbal/maths?
Got an e-tray in Newcastle for 12th January (ages away!)- all very exciting!
Reply 395
I'm intending to wear a suit to the E-Tray event despite it saying wear what you're comfortable in. Is this what most others are doing, or is everyone going to attend in shirt and jeans etc?
Original post by sexyzebra
Hi Cherno Samba,

I've applied for the OR Fast Stream as well, passed the tests and completed the application form on 4th Ocotber but still havent heard anything :frown: But I did email them on the 21st October and they said I would find out within 3-4 weeks from that date.

How is yours going?

Yep I passed the tests too but only submitted my application form on Friday so it looks like I will be waiting a few weeks.

Not holding out too much hope though, my competency question answers were pretty poor.
Reply 397
Original post by cha4zz
I'm intending to wear a suit to the E-Tray event despite it saying wear what you're comfortable in. Is this what most others are doing, or is everyone going to attend in shirt and jeans etc?

I've got my e-tray tomorrow. I will be wearing jeans, jumper, trainers etc. Not that it matters, but I would feel like a fool if I've come dressed in a suit ready for an interview and everyone else is casual. If I show up casual and everyone else was in a suit I would feel like 'lol ... fools!'
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 398
Original post by Antzlck
I've got my e-tray tomorrow. I will be wearing jeans, jumper, trainers etc. Not that it matters, but I would feel like a fool if I've come dressed in a suit ready for an interview and everyone else is casual. If I show up casual and everyone else was in a suit I would feel like 'lol ... fools!'

Yeah that's my issue, although I doubt it matters, I don't want to be the only one wearing a suit but then again I always think that wearing a suit gives off a good impression. Plus i'd normally go in a shirt and trousers, but its too cold for that so I thought I may as well just wear a suit.

Sure i'll be easy to spot if nobody else is wearing one. :redface:
Reply 399
Original post by cha4zz
Yeah that's my issue, although I doubt it matters, I don't want to be the only one wearing a suit but then again I always think that wearing a suit gives off a good impression. Plus i'd normally go in a shirt and trousers, but its too cold for that so I thought I may as well just wear a suit.

Sure i'll be easy to spot if nobody else is wearing one. :redface:

It's outsourced though so there will be no one there that you need to make an impression too. At this stage, you're probably not even a name to anyone that matters just a number. A couple of years back I was invited to sit a test at a large management consultancy ... everyone was in their normal clothes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending