The Student Room Group

Wow I feel so...

I can't even begin to explain the week I've had..

My girlfriend dumped me on Monday saying I had gained weight and wasn't attractive to her anymore. Fair enough. If that was any other girl I would've told her to efff off. This girl had been my girlfriend for 5 years. FIVE effing YEARS. And she dumped in 5 minutes just because I had gained a little weight. No warning, nothing.

I then broke my nose playing rugby with a few friends. Over the past few days I became very conscious about this and started taking pictures of my nose and looking in the mirror from the side. I noticed, for the first time in my 22 years of life, that I had a big nose, which was also bent and with a bump now, but that I also have a small chin and that my top jaw and top lip juts out more than the bottom jaw and that they aren't in alignment. I can't believe how ugly I look from the side.. it's like I'm a whole different person. From the front everything is fine but from the side I just look so bad. Please tell me this is normal and that people only remember you how they see you from the front? Aaagh.

My dog, who I've had for 11 years, ran in front of a bus and has to undergo and intensive operation with a chance that she won't make it.

Wow.. just wow.
Reply 1
:frown: sad post man... don't beat yourself up about gaining a little bit of weight and breaking your nose; you can fix those things.

As for your gf dumping you, at least she didn't cheat on you or anything like that, but then again it might have been a bit heartless telling you she dumps you through text or over the phone or whatever.

Cheer up :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by SugarPuffs
:frown: sad post man... don't beat yourself up about gaining a little bit of weight and breaking your nose; you can fix those things.

As for your gf dumping you, at least she didn't cheat on you or anything like that, but then again it might have been a bit heartless telling you she dumps you through text or over the phone or whatever.

Cheer up :smile:

Thanks man. I'm not the kind of person who talks about this kinda stuff and moans to people about trivial things but I had to let it out.

Ye I'm sure she didn't cheat on me but she did tell in person and seemed so cold I couldn't believe it. I dropped out of school at 16 and now just finished my A levels and got AAB and am about to go uni in a few weeks and I just feel like my head isn't in the right place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending