The Student Room Group

Nursery Trial

I’m looking for apprenticeships and have been offered a trial shift in a nursery.
What do I expect?
Original post by hannahlouise57
I’m looking for apprenticeships and have been offered a trial shift in a nursery.
What do I expect?

Firstly, congratulations on being offered a trial shift, that's a great sign!

In a trial shift it's likely that you'll be asked to work alongside other staff members and help them set up and run activities. They might also ask for help with menial tasks like tidying up and moving equipment. It's not likely they'll give you any serious responsibility like leaving you alone with the kids.
To work in a nursery, you need to show a warm, caring and patient nature and the ability to build relationships with the kids, so try to be yourself and have fun. Communication is also really important, so show them that you're listening and acting on what they say, but don't be shy to speak up if you have ideas of your own, that shows you've got initiative.

And remember that everyone else there probably started with a trial shift so they'll know how you feel.

Hope it goes well, best of luck! - Mark
Reply 2
Hiya, Thank you for these tips Mark they are really helpful!. I also have a trial shifft in a nursery and feel nervous. I have worked in retail for like 10 years and i been aching for a change. Although im very grateful for the job and the people skills its given me. I just really wanna work with kids. Fingers crossed pray for me everyone please :smile: Xx
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Hiya, I have a trial shifft in a nursery today too, i feel really nervous as i really want this job and to get out of the retail job that i have now. Which i am very grateful for but i been there pretty much 10 years now and ive been aching for a change. Thanks for these tips Mark x
Reply 4
Wow this comment is me entirely.. Been working in retail and I have a trial shift with a nursery and really want this job but now I feel pressured to come up with an idea and I'm stuck!
Reply 5
Original post by Issy203
Wow this comment is me entirely.. Been working in retail and I have a trial shift with a nursery and really want this job but now I feel pressured to come up with an idea and I'm stuck!

how was the trial shift?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending