The Student Room Group

Further Maths as a Fifth A-level?

Is it recommendable considering I am already doing Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths? I got an A* in GCSE maths, and I am not worried about the academic side of things - just the fact that you have to do twice as many exams for maths in the same amount of time as you would with the normal A level. The college said that you get double the amount of maths lessons, so thats good - and the classes are much smaller so you get individual help.

On the other hand, a tutor said to me "If you can hack two years without a life, by all means, go for it." He also didn't seem to convinced I could manage it time wise.

What are your opinions? I'd mainly like to hear from people currently doing F. Maths or those who have done it, OR those who have done 5 hard subjects.

The reason why I want to do it, I am interested in maths.
Reply 1
Original post by ERdoctor
Is it recommendable considering I am already doing Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths? I got an A* in GCSE maths, and I am not worried about the academic side of things - just the fact that you have to do twice as many exams for maths in the same amount of time as you would with the normal A level. The college said that you get double the amount of maths lessons, so thats good - and the classes are much smaller so you get individual help.

On the other hand, a tutor said to me "If you can hack two years without a life, by all means, go for it." He also didn't seem to convinced I could manage it time wise.

What are your opinions? I'd mainly like to hear from people currently doing F. Maths or those who have done it, OR those who have done 5 hard subjects.

The reason why I want to do it, I am interested in maths.

Did you end up doing it?
Original post by ghlgb
Did you end up doing it?

Curiosity killed the cat.
Reply 3
Original post by cheeriosarenice
Curiosity killed the cat.

I'm dead.
-- Edit, just realized original post is 3 years old ><
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest