GCSE Grade D at maths, is it bad?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by H.C. Chinaski
yes. Of course you do.

indeed.
Original post by kazzar
OK KID

phew. I really was beginning to wonder just how long it was going to take for the message to sink in..
Original post by YorkieLad101
meaning?

i may be pretty thick but not think enough to try higher!

Take it your english was on par also :rolleyes:
Reply 43
meaning?

re-read your last post..
Reply 44
Original post by arob752

ayeeee somebody got it LOL
Reply 45

Original post by S4K1
that is ****ing ****e pal, where did you go to school.. hogwarts ?

What are you inferring about the teaching of maths at Hogwarts?

I'm sure they get loads of students with top grades in their maths OWL.
foundation, i may be pretty thick but not think enough to try higher!

Focus on your strong points now. As much I want to say it's ok, it's really bad but don't get to sad about it I'm sure everyone has their strong points.
Reply 47
Original post by arob752

aye me english is crud
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by S4K1
alright no need to boast, although i have three, i myself have a doctorate

well you have certainly managed to complete your undergraduate and post graduate studies with impressive speed; why it would seem that it was only last year that you posted this ....

Original post by S4K1

Originally Posted by S4K1
Hi all, is there anywhere i can look to find a list of all uni's which do a foundation year with medicine.
i have looked at Manchesters 6 year medicine programme it states

A level:

The School's normal A2 offer after interview is ABB (exams taken at the same sitting after no more than 2 years of study). However, those applicants who perform exceptionally well at interview and who fail to meet these grades, or those who have special circumstances, may also be accepted.

One of the following combinations is required:

* Three rigorous arts/humanities subjects
* Two rigorous arts/humanities subjects and one science subject
* One rigorous arts/humanities subject and two science subjects (not chemistry)

My current A level choices are Chemistry, Biology, English Literature and Religious Studies.
Now having studied chemistry am i not meant to apply for this course?

Also looking at Sheffields foundation year Medicine course it states:

The Pre-medical year is open to candidates who have excellent results but not in the appropriate subjects for entry to Phase 1 of the course.

What exactly does it mean by appropriate subjects?

thanks

of course a more suspicious person may well just accuse you of lying !!!! Heaven forbid.
Reply 49
Original post by tory88
At GCSE A* to C is considered a pass by the government. If it isn't a pass then it's a fail.

Actually an A* to C is a higher pass, and a D to G is a Pass. U is a fail.
Reply 50
phew. I really was beginning to wonder just how long it was going to take for the message to sink in..

Oh, how I'm loving your attempt to belittle me in a patronising manner! Not working, bye.
It isn't bad per see. But if you want to get a fairly decent job, or get into university at least a C in Maths is vital. Why don't you see if one of the Maths teachers at your college could give you extra teaching? A C really isn't that far of a reach from D, it justr requires a bit of perserevance.
Reply 52
Well done for continuing to try even after failing. I think you could keep trying until you do finally pass and get a C grade or above as this is what is essential when applying to uni.

Give it another go, maybe this time you'll pass :smile:

Good luck! x
Original post by kazzar
Oh, how I'm loving your attempt to belittle me in a patronising manner! Not working, bye.

Believe me, no effort required on my behalf.
Original post by kidoo
you should be able to achieve at-least a C grade, C grade work is mainly simple arithmetic which I'm suprised you don't struggle with daily life without.

42% of all candidates do not attain grade C or above and the situation is considerably worse for the cohort who resit.
Reply 55
Original post by oli_G
What are you inferring about the teaching of maths at Hogwarts?

I'm sure they get loads of students with top grades in their maths OWL.

Too far mate, however in response to the post, it was supposed to be IRONIC as they don't teach maths at Hogwarts; School of Witchcraft and Wizadry . Of course you muggels would not comprehend this concept.
Reply 56
Believe me, no effort required on my behalf.

I don't actually have anything against you. I'm just bored and craving conflict :angry:
Original post by tory88
At GCSE A* to C is considered a pass by the government. If it isn't a pass then it's a fail.

Oh is that right is it ....

then I suggest that you write to the government and tell them that they have made a mistake on their website ...

www.education.gov.uk

GCSEs

There are eight GCSE pass grades, ranging from A* to G. Pupils may also study for GCSE (Short Courses) in certain subjects. These are of the same academic standard as a full GCSE but have half the content, and are reported in the tables on that basis.

http://www.education.gov.uk/performancetables/schools_01/sec3.shtml

night night my friend ....
Reply 58
Original post by tory88

A fail is a U grade, that's it. The others are passes, they're just not very good passes.

OP, just weigh up the pros and the cons; what do you have to lose by doing it again? A D grade is not fantastic, no, and if you can you should try and improve it. Whether you'll be able to do it or not, I don't know.
Reply 59
well you have certainly managed to complete your undergraduate and post graduate studies with impressive speed; why it would seem that it was only last year that you posted this ....

of course a more suspicious person may well just accuse you of lying !!!! Heaven forbid.

Ahhhh the benefits of sharing your account with your siblings. However, i thought Sherlock had died seems not we have a reincarnate being amongst us HOOORAAHHHH ! Pfft to accuse me of such atrocities is beyond me....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending