The Student Room Group

Enrichment ideas!

Hi, I asked this a few days ago but only got 1 reply so I'm asking again when hopefully more people are only (just going to copy and paste)

Hey

I'm deputy head girl at my sixth form and we really need some new enrichment activities! We don't have that big of a range of things going on and we really need more fun things for people.

We have:
sixth form magazine/radio (but nobody wants to do them :s-smilie:); book club; film club; philosophy (very kindly ran by one of our teachers & is pretty popular); DofE; Extended Project and Critical thinking classes; debate group; "study buddies"; peer mentoring; prom committee; yearbook group; some sports groups (but last year they failed because the PE teachers wouldn't let us use the equipment and nodody would bring stuff); quizzes (between forms maybe); creative writing club. And that's about it.

Yeah, the main problem is that some people don't like the existing activities so don't do anything for enrichment and we want to change that, because it can be fun :smile: So any ideas you may have will be greatly appreciated :colondollar: Thanks!

We have came up with a few more things but we're quite a big sixth form and need as much as possible. People are pretty unmotivated as well so I think we need things that are fun that people will want to do!
Media/IT related things: programming, web coding, graphic design, school newspaper, video editing, blogging
Discussion groups: economics soc, politics soc, medics soc, dental soc - these will help with ucas too
could you do stuff like cooking club if you have the facilities to make quick dishes? this will be very popular and equip people for uni
science clubs could work too if they're practical... eg doing dissections or building bridges or learning how to make chemical fireworks etc.

Quick Reply

Latest