The Student Room Group

Ideas for super/extracurriculars for HSPS/anthropology/sociology?

I've mostly finished the outline of my personal statement except for the conclusion, because I've been horrified to see other personal statements for anthropology/sociology/HSPS include some sort of unique experience, event, or regular activity. I've only done an essay competition, watched a documentary, and mentioned a couple books and articles, and am currently doing an online course.

Are there any additional things I may be able to do in the next month? I noticed a lot of people participate in a society or have something to do with the community (school or not) but I don't know what to do.
Reply 1
Original post by TeaOnRice
I've mostly finished the outline of my personal statement except for the conclusion, because I've been horrified to see other personal statements for anthropology/sociology/HSPS include some sort of unique experience, event, or regular activity. I've only done an essay competition, watched a documentary, and mentioned a couple books and articles, and am currently doing an online course.

Are there any additional things I may be able to do in the next month? I noticed a lot of people participate in a society or have something to do with the community (school or not) but I don't know what to do.

In the final month, consider seeking out workshops, webinars, or virtual seminars related to sociology, anthropology, or HSPS to enrich your understanding and display your commitment. You can also consider engaging in online forums, discussions, or blogs to establish your passion for this field. Even online volunteering or joining a pertinent online community can significantly contribute to value addition in your personal statement. I believe engaging in these and other relevant experiences can make you resourceful and creative in showcasing your devotion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending