The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biol4 January 2012 pre- exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James A
i got 58 too!!!! arghh call me a conspiracy theorist but i reckon AQA has rigged it....

its more than just a coincidence.

my goodness. i was expecting an A too , got A/A* on all past papers 1st time attempts, thought the exam went smooth, get D 58 ums aswell!:angry:
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
Same got a C, put so much effort into this exam, really dissapointed. Not happy with the grade boundaries, in terms of raw marks I was 2 marks off a B and 6 marks off an A. :frown:

Original post by asaaal
how did I get 82% on the mock, 89% in AS unit 1 and 2 overall and I got a D in this? :| what the f**k. someone pinch me so i know this is a bad dream im going to wake up from before I scrape a cheese grater across my own face.

Original post by BlissJunkie
I was expecting A/B and ended up with an E. Is it possible to ask for your paper back THEN appeal?

Original post by sachinisgod
Got a C-68 UMS, was well gutted. (Was predicted an A*) I thought i had atleast scraped an A but that paper really screwed me over. BIOL 4 is an evil abomination!

Original post by PredatorPulses
my goodness. i was expecting an A too , got A/A* on all past papers 1st time attempts, thought the exam went smooth, get D 58 ums aswell!:angry:

guys! get your paper photocopied and use the markscheme below to check!

it's so strange, it really is. It's like we're in a dream.......
Reply 2442
Or you could stop moaning and accept that you didn't do very well... I didn't get the grade I wanted but I'm not going to start throwing a tantrum and declaring that it's a conspiracy.
Original post by Mission
Or you could stop moaning and accept that you didn't do very well... I didn't get the grade I wanted but I'm not going to start throwing a tantrum and declaring that it's a conspiracy.

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Not one person here who has said they revised hard AND got a high grade from it!

something just aint right. but yes, you have a point.
Original post by Mission

you have a point, but that can only be valid after we have seen where we have gone wrong. If i was struggling on pastpapers then got complacement after the exam, fair enough, i was over confident.

But this is not the case here, i speak for many others aswell, if we disregard effort because lets face it some people are better in biology than others, for an A* student to get a D is quite a shock, there surely must be something wrong.

Only time will tell
Original post by James A
I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Not one person here who has said they revised hard AND got a high grade from it!

something just aint right. but yes, you have a point.

I revised really hard, and got an A (only a couple ums marks over the boundry though)

I agree though that something isn't right, so far I've only heard of one other A in my centre. Loads of A/A*'s predicted got C's and B's. It's not just biology though, the AQA English Literature exam too, it went terribly for pretty much everyone it seems.
Many people on here are clutching on to false hope, it's incredibly unlikely that many AQA examiners managed to mess up the marking (as is being suggested on here), there might be the odd paper that wasn't marked accurately and might go up a grade but the rest of the remarks are likely to stay with the same mark or increase/decrease by 1-2 marks.

I said after the exam that it was one of those papers where people would think it went well but infact it didn't.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2447
Original post by NutterFrutter
Many people on here are clutching on to false hope, it's incredibly unlikely that many AQA examiners managed to mess up the marking (as is being suggested on here), there might be the odd paper that wasn't marked accurately and might go up a grade but the rest of the remarks are likely to stay with the same mark or increase/decrease by 1-2 marks.

I said after the exam that it was one of those papers where people would think it went well but infact it didn't.

Completely agree. When I was doing it and as I walked out of the exam I thought to myself it was a fair easy paper. But then when think back to question about the pigs for instance you realise that actually it wasn't an easy paper and there were plenty of questions to trip you up.

Yeah, I thought I wouldn't do well but I did? :s-smilie: The markscheme was very specific too.

How did you do though?
Its above. James has uploaded it. How did you do>?
Original post by EffKayy
Yeah, I thought I wouldn't do well but I did? :s-smilie: The markscheme was very specific too.

How did you do though?

85 UMS
85 UMS

Same! LOL.
How about CHEM4? You've probably got like 120 in that :ninja:
Reply 2452
Me and my friend were getting A* in the past papers and i ended up with an A and she got a C, while past papers are a good indication..there is no guarantee you will do well on the day just because you have got good in past papers. People should accept it and just try to think of how to do better next time
Original post by EffKayy
Same! LOL.
How about CHEM4? You've probably got like 120 in that :ninja:

116 :sad:
Well done thats a good mark!
It's on this page.
lol.. scroll up :smile:
Oh didnt you do psya3 too? hope you did well on that =)
I got a C, was disappointed but not entirely suprised because I was confused on some questions and ran out of time. I'm not consistent in bio anyway, so it's not too shocking that I didn't do brilliantly.
We had a couple of people who thought they did very, very well and got D's and E's, but on the whole the people who are consistent and get A's DID get A's, the people like me who are inconsistent, hate biology and have no common sense dropped a few grades, and the lower-graded people did a bit better because they wrote down the obvious instead of overthinking it :tongue:
Do you need over 90% each exam, or overall? It's just since Biol 5 is bigger you could still get it if you did really well if the latter is true (though I'm not sure how it all adds up) :smile:
Reply 2457
You are only two gardes away from an A* so if you can get those two extra MARKS in june then your ok :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2458
Original post by Chihiro94
Do you need over 90% each exam, or overall? It's just since Biol 5 is bigger you could still get it if you did really well if the latter is true (though I'm not sure how it all adds up) :smile:

90% average across all A2 modules so 270/300 is sufficient to get an A*. :smile:
nh two grades :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending