The Student Room Group

Do you like Fish and Chips?

Scroll to see replies

I love it <3
I have never liked fish, so have never gone for fish and chips.

It's always a battered sausage with my portion of chips - it's divine.
Reply 22
I'm british..
What on Earth is a saveloy? You only seem to get them down south whatever they are.
Reply 24
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
What on Earth is a saveloy? You only seem to get them down south whatever they are.

It's a highly seasoned sausage not too unlike a frankfurter.

I prefer it to a sausage/sausage and batter.
Reply 25
I generally go for sausage and chips.

It sounds immature but I'm a pretty fussy eater and the thought of eating fish is sort of repugnant to me. Haha.

I've ate chicken and chips in the past but the two don't go very well in my opinion. It was actual chicken breast though with no batter, I guess it might be different if it were otherwise.

EMZ=]
Reply 26
Ewh to the sausages XP Love fishcake :biggrin: Good fish and chips are yum though :smile:
I'm not keen on non-white fish, I like the taste of cod however I tend to eat it in fish cakes or fish fingers rather than the traditional chip shop style cod.

I love fish and chip shops though, pretty much always get a battered sausage or 2 to go with my chips :smile:
Reply 28
Oh yes!

Tasty greasy foods for life!
Reply 29
I like fish sticks.
Reply 30
Yess with chip shop curry :sogood: and Fishcake and chips...then lastly, chicken & chips. Ahh now I feel hungry. :frown:
I do; not much of a preference between the fish or a sausage, either is fine!
Reply 32
There is nothing nicer than a nice big juicy cod, covered in crispy batter, and then plenty of vinegar and salt, with maybe a little ketchup on the side. The fish is always the best thing in the fish n chips. It's quite possibly my favourite thing to eat, ever.

No wonder people didn't vote for fish n chips on the other thread, its because you're all going in and ordering the wrong thing :facepalm2:
Reply 33
Pukka pies :coma:
I tend to get a battered sausage.
Love 'em
this thread makes me hungry in my lecture :'(
yep I like fish and chips, but I do have to be in the mood for it. When I'm in the mood for it though, heck yes a good fish and chips is yummy.
Reply 38
It depends on where I'm buying it from. There are chippies around here that don't batter the fish on the premises, they just 'heat up' pre-battered fish bought from some kind of wholesalers. I usually just go for Pudding, chips and gravy from these places. They can't screw that up!

I do enjoy quality fish & chips though! If a place is reknowed for their battered fish, I'll order it every time. I had a gorgeous beer battered haddock in Cumbria the other week. I'd eat that every day if I could. :eating:
Original post by py0alb
There is nothing nicer than a nice big juicy cod, covered in crispy batter, and then plenty of vinegar and salt, with maybe a little ketchup on the side. The fish is always the best thing in the fish n chips. It's quite possibly my favourite thing to eat, ever.

No wonder people didn't vote for fish n chips on the other thread, its because you're all going in and ordering the wrong thing :facepalm2:

I agree but the cod has to come from the north sea and in hull, they do the best fish and chips in the country in my opinion

Quick Reply

Latest