The Student Room Group

We should do gcses in year 7-9 and A levels in year 10-13

This poll is closed

We should do gcses in year 7-9 and A levels in year 10-13

yes 29%
no71%
Total votes: 115
We have years 7 8 9 maybe 10 to mess around in.

It was fun though..but i hardly remember learning anything. All the important stuff came in year 10 and 11.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nah, two years is enough to do A-levels. Besides, rushing everything so soon could mean students making the wrong decisions about their futures.
Reply 2
Bearing in mind a lot of people fail there GCSE's at 16 because they're not mature enough to take their education seriously, this is a ridiculous idea. As you said yourself you just messed around from years 7-9.

If you're clever enough to do so, by all means go ahead but enforcing this for everyone would just be plain stupid.

Also, what do you propose we do in years 12-13? 4 years is too much and there's no way most people are mature enough to manage themselves financially or socially at Uni at 16.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
4 Years to do A Levels? no
Original post by Jiraiya is no liar
We have years 7 8 9 maybe 10 to mess around in.

It was fun though..but i hardly remember learning anything. All the important stuff came in year 10 and 11.

You're a f***ing retard
Jiraiya for Education Secretary!

:rolleyes:
Original post by J.tytler
Bearing in mind a lot of people fail there GCSE's at 16 because they're not mature enough to take their education seriously, this is a ridiculous idea. As you said yourself you just messed around from years 7-9.

If you're clever enough to do so, by all means go ahead but enforcing this for everyone would just be plain stupid.

Also, what do you propose we do in years 12-13? 4 years is too much and there's no way most people are mature enough to manage themselves financially or socially at Uni at 16.

exactly people are not mature because they've been messing around all that time lol if they hadn't been they would be more mature.... hence change the system.
Children aged 13-14 years old in Year 9 are too imature to sit GCSE exams! Quite alot of 16 year olds fail GCSE so I highly doubt that a bunch of 13-14 year olds would pass any .. the same can be said for sitting A-Level at the age of 16! I mean seriously do you honestly think that most 16 year old would be able to pass A-Levels bearing in mind that at present they can't pass GCSE's at the same age!

Then what would you do after that? University aged 16? Most 16 year olds wouldn't cope with it at all and by that I mean the study and living away from home!

Why the rush to grow up?! I was happy enough p**sing about at school in years 7&8 before having to make year 9 options and start studying for GCSE's and so on!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by J.tytler

years 10-13 DO YOUR A LEVELS LOL YOU GET LONGER TO THINK about what you want to become... and then go to uni
Original post by original_username
Jiraiya for Education Secretary!

:rolleyes:

you know how to get rep
I'd at least like to enjoy some of my childhood before the routine of exams begin.
nice to know you messed about in year 7 to 9 we only had a rest in year 8 then for only have the year
years 10-13 DO YOUR A LEVELS LOL YOU GET LONGER TO THINK about what you want to become... and then go to uni

Can I just say that that wouldn't give you longer to think about what you wanted to do, you only do 3-4 A-Levels which limits your choices so your way of thinking would be limiting your choices sooner rather than having 5 years to think about it whilst studying a much wider variety of subjects and basic level for your GCSE's
you know how to get rep

Maybe you need to sit a class in introduction to sarcasm. :wink:
Original post by Joanna-Marie :)
Children aged 13-14 years old in Year 9 are too imature to sit GCSE exams! Quite alot of 16 year olds fail GCSE so I highly doubt that a bunch of 13-14 year olds would pass any .. the same can be said for sitting A-Level at the age of 16! I mean seriously do you honestly think that most 16 year old would be able to pass A-Levels bearing in mind that at present they can't pass GCSE's at the same age!

Then what would you do after that? University aged 16? Most 16 year olds wouldn't cope with it at all and by that I mean the study and living away from home!

Why the rush to grow up?! I was happy enough p**sing about at school in years 7&8 before having to make year 9 options and start studying for GCSE's and so on!

the human race must become smarter! and as time passes such changes are needed otherwise if we start heading in the opposite direction. some kids manage to do MATHS degree level at about 16 why cant the rest.. because they dont give a **** therefore we wont become smarter as a race. the kid who did his maths degree at 16 got a whole lot of time left to have explore
And then people can leave school at 14? :rolleyes:
Original post by original_username
Maybe you need to sit a class in introduction to sarcasm. :wink:

what i liked that idea.
Original post by Mendeleev's Table
And then people can leave school at 14? :rolleyes:

should be more pressure on students to learn meh thats what i think.
Reply 18
~40% of 16 year olds fail to get at least 5 GCSEs A*-C, i don't think making 13/14 year olds take them would help at all.
yesyesyes we must look at the rest of the WORLD they are sending out qualified and confident individuals who leave their home countries to study in the UK. WE NEED CHANGE or we gonna be left behind and these emerging countries will eat us while we sleep.

lol as to people not being emotionally ready WTF? people from the age of 9 in IRAQ have lost there fathers and mothers yet they live on dudes they come to the uk and study and become bloody doctors and etc. why?? because british people are lazy and surrounded by distractions. in iraq and other countries like brazil you are forced to become a man lol. be it through unfortuante circumstances they grow and develop and mature much much much faster than us here.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending