The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

no there illegal
there legal and can be deemed souvenirs no jk
cannabis seeds are entirely legal to purchase, but i don't know why you'd import them there are shops online in the UK.

The only thing that's illegal is cultivation.
Nope.
It's legal, however the second you put it in the pot then it's illegal.
Reply 6
Original post by catastrophe
It's legal, however the second you put it in the pot then it's illegal.

Say if i import around 500 seeds. Selling purposes ofcourse.
Original post by hamzazulfiqar

Watched a programme about this all about a year ago, it's still legal. A loop hole in the law.
Reply 8
If you put it in a pot on the kitchen window, plead ignorance, say "your mum bought it for you, some cooking herb or something."
Reply 9
Original post by catastrophe
Watched a programme about this all about a year ago, it's still legal. A loop hole in the law.

Not really a loop hole, there are loads of legitimate uses for cannabis seed. You can buy them from pet food stores, health food stores, fishing tackle stores and of course head shops. You can even legally grow them as long as you get a licence at about £500 for low THC, £5000 high THC.
Original post by n00
Not really a loop hole, there are loads of legitimate uses for cannabis seed. You can buy them from pet food stores, health food stores, fishing tackle stores and of course head shops. You can even legally grow them as long as you get a licence at about £500 for low THC, £5000 high THC.

no, you cannot grow legally under any circumstances unless you're a pharmaciticul company.

It's impossible to grow legally with a licence as an individual, I know several people with MS and they have to get savitex spray as they are not allowed to grow their own cannabis, even though it's for medical purposes.
Reply 11
Original post by confusedexcited
no, you cannot grow legally under any circumstances unless you're a pharmaciticul company.

It's impossible to grow legally with a licence as an individual, I know several people with MS and they have to get savitex spray as they are not allowed to grow their own cannabis, even though it's for medical purposes.

Well no you don't have to be a pharmaceutical company, only to grow cannabis above 0.3% THC, but yes even then its unlikely an individual would be granted a licence to grow a little hemp on their allotment. Although the Duchess of Northumberland seems to have managed it.

They are very lucky to be getting sativex, PCTs seem to hate the stuff, which is understandable because its a ****ing rip off.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by n00
Well no you don't have to be a pharmaceutical company, only to grow cannabis above 0.3% THC, but yes even then its unlikely an individual would be granted a licence to grow a little hemp on their allotment. Although the Duchess of Northumberland seems to have managed it.

They are very lucky to be getting sativex, PCTs seem to hate the stuff, which is understandable because its a ****ing rip off.

I think she got it because it was a public service, rather than for personal use. I've never heard this regulation about THC levels, could you provide a link?

Yeah, they are lucky, it's quite effective during relapses though.
Reply 13
Original post by confusedexcited
I think she got it because it was a public service, rather than for personal use. I've never heard this regulation about THC levels, could you provide a link?

Yeah, they are lucky, it's quite effective during relapses though.

Yeah of course they would never give a licence to grow for personal use.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/alcohol-drugs/drugs/drug-licences/hemp-growers-faq?view=Binary

Yes i hear its very effective, The MS sufferer i know has been unable to get it though. A simple cannabis tincture really isn't much different and could be obtained at a fraction of the cost if the government hadn't awarded GWPharma a monopoly.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14

If you encourage people to do this....

http://youtu.be/nai2woiIpY0

has to be illegally legal... kind of thing.

totally insane when it gets to this level though

http://youtu.be/huzVRcz82u4
Original post by Mungo 1
If you encourage people to do this....

http://youtu.be/nai2woiIpY0

has to be illegally legal... kind of thing.

totally insane when it gets to this level though

http://youtu.be/huzVRcz82u4

I'm not going to smoke it, The seeds are for SALE depending on what seed it is.
Seeds are legal but become illegal as soon as you germinate them.

Ditto for shroom spores.
Reply 17
I'm not going to smoke it, The seeds are for SALE depending on what seed it is.

So you want to make money from the drugs trade but not take the drugs yourself then... like, just pretend its not really happening.
Original post by britishgoose01
there legal and can be deemed souvenirs no jk

so i can go to a country like holland and buying 400-500 seeds and bring them back without customs giving me any trouble ?
so i can go to a country like holland and buying 400-500 seeds and bring them back without customs giving me any trouble ?

not illegal, but i would not advise it. You're better off getting them sent over.

Latest