The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
I must say ba_ba, from readin most of your posts on here I do wonder if you are watching the same games as everyone else... or if you are even watching the games at all. It seems as if the European Cup final is the only game you've ever seen in your life - you seem obsessed by the ****ing thing.

"ooooohhh no but serginho did a cross and AC Milan almost scored therefore gerrarad cant defend!11!!1!!!1!!1!!11"

*******S
I never noticed some posts like this in the football forum. And I thought Kuz and myself were bad. We're nice really. :biggrin:
Reply 302
Murkery
I must say ba_ba, from readin most of your posts on here I do wonder if you are watching the same games as everyone else... or if you are even watching the games at all. It seems as if the European Cup final is the only game you've ever seen in your life - you seem obsessed by the ****ing thing.

"ooooohhh no but serginho did a cross and AC Milan almost scored therefore gerrarad cant defend!11!!1!!!1!!1!!11"

*******S

yeh great argument there! :rolleyes: If you read my posts you will realise my argument is more than that. What is your argument - "oh he can defend, but he's not disciplined enough" or "oh he played at right back in the reserves when he was a teenager therefore he must be able to defend at the top level". All the swaering makes you look silly, childish and ignorant.
The Kuz v NDGAARONDI rivalry has gone. It is now ba_ba1 and Murkery. :rolleyes:
Reply 304
ba_ba1
yeh great argument there! :rolleyes: If you read my posts you will realise my argument is more than that. What is your argument - "oh he can defend, but he's not disciplined enough" or "oh he played at right back in the reserves when he was a teenager therefore he must be able to defend at the top level". All the swaering makes you look silly, childish and ignorant.

You show the fact you don't go to any matches often as you seem so offended by my use of language.

My arguement is this: I'll outline it to you in points - so for once you might understand it:

1. He was played at Right Back for Liverpool Football Club when he first broke into the team. He also has played there for the Ressies on occasions and also sometimes at the academy- Now if you couldn't defend you wouldnt break into the Liverpool first team at Right Back.

2. He then moved up into his prefered center midfield when Redknapp slowy tailed off/got injured again. He stayed in a conventional 2 man central midfield partnership where both players had to do more than there fair share of defensive work due to Houlliers tactics. Liverpool were a defensive side, we'd go 1-0 up, and then we'd sit on it - everyone in the side would have to defend - Gerrard and who ever his partner was at the time especially, being central midfield they would both have to do work. Owen used to be left up front to break away, the rest of the team would be in our own half. Gerrard became one of the best players in the world playing this role - Central midfield - Doing just as much defensive work as he did attacking, and on many occasions alot more defending - due to our style of play.

3. Now a year and a half ago Benitez came in as manager. He's brought a new system and style with him which allows Stevie to play as a more advanced role when we play a central midfield 3 usually of Alonso, Hamann/Sissoko and Gerrard. Now when Gerrard plays this role he is obviously instructed not to spend too much time defending as he is the bridge between midfield and attack. Now the fact that Gerrard has been instructed to play this role in no way means he can't defend. He has proved throughout his career that he can defend, and jus because he is playing an attacking as Benitez likes playing a certain formation does not cancel out one of the biggest assets of his game.

4. He's playing right wing at the moment, and when he plays there he is up and down the flank like a yo-yo, helping out Finnan just as much as he helps out Crouch or Moro. Watch him play, even playing a position that isnt traditionally associated with defending, he'll still do more than his fair share.

Now all that for me proves that he can defend, and I've seen it with my own eyes for many, many years - where as youve seen him have one bad half on the telly. Everyone feels Gerrard is one of the most complete players there is in the game - take a look at the interview Benitez gave today: I thought you said Benitez thought he couldnt defend?

Trust me, you couldn't be more wrong on this one, and its just frustrating that you continue to argue about it - when everyone can see that your talking bollocks.
Reply 305
Murkery
You show the fact you don't go to any matches often as you seem so offended by my use of language.

My arguement is this: I'll outline it to you in points - so for once you might understand it:

1. He was played at Right Back for Liverpool Football Club when he first broke into the team. He also has played there for the Ressies on occasions and also sometimes at the academy- Now if you couldn't defend you wouldnt break into the Liverpool first team at Right Back.

2. He then moved up into his prefered center midfield when Redknapp slowy tailed off/got injured again. He stayed in a conventional 2 man central midfield partnership where both players had to do more than there fair share of defensive work due to Houlliers tactics. Liverpool were a defensive side, we'd go 1-0 up, and then we'd sit on it - everyone in the side would have to defend - Gerrard and who ever his partner was at the time especially, being central midfield they would both have to do work. Owen used to be left up front to break away, the rest of the team would be in our own half. Gerrard became one of the best players in the world playing this role - Central midfield - Doing just as much defensive work as he did attacking, and on many occasions alot more defending - due to our style of play.

3. Now a year and a half ago Benitez came in as manager. He's brought a new system and style with him which allows Stevie to play as a more advanced role when we play a central midfield 3 usually of Alonso, Hamann/Sissoko and Gerrard. Now when Gerrard plays this role he is obviously instructed not to spend too much time defending as he is the bridge between midfield and attack. Now the fact that Gerrard has been instructed to play this role in no way means he can't defend. He has proved throughout his career that he can defend, and jus because he is playing an attacking as Benitez likes playing a certain formation does not cancel out one of the biggest assets of his game.

4. He's playing right wing at the moment, and when he plays there he is up and down the flank like a yo-yo, helping out Finnan just as much as he helps out Crouch or Moro. Watch him play, even playing a position that isnt traditionally associated with defending, he'll still do more than his fair share.

Now all that for me proves that he can defend, and I've seen it with my own eyes for many, many years - where as youve seen him have one bad half on the telly. Everyone feels Gerrard is one of the most complete players there is in the game - take a look at the interview Benitez gave today: I thought you said Benitez thought he couldnt defend?

Trust me, you couldn't be more wrong on this one, and its just frustrating that you continue to argue about it - when everyone can see that your talking bollocks.

1. Yes he played right back in the reserves - hardly the highest level of attack against him - face the facts when he has been given the defensive duties alone, at the highest level, he screwed up.

2. He still needed Hammna/Mcallister to help him out. The rest of this point is just your opinion which i dont agree with (e.g. saying he became the best in the world :biggrin: )

3. He uses Sissoko Hammn because Gerrard is incapable of defending. Dont give me these BS excuses.

4. Your opinion - totally over - exaggerating everything. He has Finnan covering his arse anyway.

Ive seen the CL final, euro 2004 which are the big games and he screwed up in them. You can't seem to accept this though. Whats frustating is you continued to argue when this thread was DEAD. Couldn't you read?
Reply 306
ba_ba1
1. Yes he played right back in the reserves - hardly the highest level of attack against him - face the facts when he has been given the defensive duties alone, at the highest level, he screwed up.

2. He still needed Hammna/Mcallister to help him out. The rest of this point is just your opinion which i dont agree with (e.g. saying he became the best in the world :biggrin: )

3. He uses Sissoko Hammn because Gerrard is incapable of defending. Dont give me these BS excuses.

4. Your opinion - totally over - exaggerating everything. He has Finnan covering his arse anyway.

Ive seen the CL final, euro 2004 which are the big games and he screwed up in them. You can't seem to accept this though. Whats frustating is you continued to argue when this thread was DEAD. Couldn't you read?
And yet, you're still here...
I can see this being closed. :/
Reply 308
NDGAARONDI
I can see this being closed. :/
So can i. After all, 77 votes to 25 is pretty conclusive :smile:
Make that 79
:rolleyes:
Reply 310
NDGAARONDI
:rolleyes:
So we agree then :wink:
I wasn't considering the poll results thus far.
Reply 312
jamlan
So can i. After all, 77 votes to 25 is pretty conclusive :smile:
Make that 79

Thats not what we were debating :rolleyes:

--------------

jamlan
And yet, you're still here...

only due to the fact that he restarted the thread when it was pretty much dead and finished.

Murkey - don't post again - you are just gonna post the same thing and this thread will go on forever.
Reply 313
ba_ba1

**** me - you must be a wind up merchant.. I've never seen anything like it...

Gotta be public school or something... surely.
Reply 314
Murkery
**** me - you must be a wind up merchant.. I've never seen anything like it...

Gotta be public school or something... surely.

What a surprise - you posted again.

P.S. Cech really showed his quality today :wink:
Quality? i hope thats sarcastic as he was stranded for bents equaliser
Reply 316
lol he crumbles under pressure doesnt he?
Reply 317
ba_ba1
What a surprise - you posted again.

P.S. Cech really showed his quality today :wink:

What.. coz you say I can't post that means I can't post??

Prick.
Reply 318
Murkery
What.. coz you say I can't post that means I can't post??

Prick.

Oooooh, i'm deeply offended by your comments Murkery! :biggrin: - I'm not the one getting stressed out over an internet forum.
Reply 319
ba_ba1
Oooooh, i'm deeply offended by your comments Murkery! :biggrin: - I'm not the one getting stressed out over an internet forum.

Your also not the one being patronised by some wasteman.

Latest