The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, it was terrible but don't make him out to be an idiot - remember him as the best player of the last 20 years.
nicko88
I'm just glad he had the balls to react to whatever was said.

What and let all his team mates down? Its not a competition of who has the biggest balls. A true professional would have risen above it
I can't believe how many people think Zidane was in any way right for doing what he did. In a public place, thats GBH. He doesn't have balls reacting like that, he's just lost control. A man with balls would have ignored it, regardless of what Materazzi said.
We can't just take it on him like that because we don't even know what's caused this to happen. Zinadine Zidane is still one of the worlds best. He must be really sad now. :frown:
Reply 4744
France were unlucky, were the better team and deserved to win.

They should have had a another penalty when Malouda was fouled as well
Reply 4746
Optimistic
in front of millions of people.

Millions? You mean billions, in what has to be the biggest single sporting event of them all in his last ever game. Stupidity of the highest order.
Reply 4747
Let his team mates down!!!!Please don't go down that road...penalties are luck of the highest order
Reply 4748
Fantastic!

France - the country who prevented Muslim Women from wearing headscarfs in school...has now lost the World Cup mainly because of Zidane (who is a muslim). Payback!

What a great feeling! Thumbs up for Zidane!

:dancing2:
Zidane > all of you put together.

So shut up.

Even If italy lost, they would of ended up buying off the officials anyway... to win. in 4 years time people are also going to be wondering what all that rust is on the world cup, because the original would of been melted down somewhere!
jeff's_dead

So shut up.

True say.
Reply 4752
Agreeed!
jeff's_dead

So shut up.

To$$er
-Ayesha-
Fantastic!

France - the country who prevented Muslim Women from wearing headscarfs in school...has now lost the World Cup mainly because of Zidane (who is a muslim). Payback!

What a great feeling! Thumbs up for Zidane!

:dancing2:

erm yeh. because of the muslim women, allah or whoever (sorry for my ignorance) made Zidane go bonkers. get real.
Can everyone stop trashing Zidane? Who here knows what was said 2 him? Who here knows what its like being under such intense pressure? Come on its only in the chest its not that bad and if the pressure and frustration got 2 him for a second its not our place 2 say its wrecked his reputation. He's still one of the best players of all time.
Reply 4756
He's rarely gotten this pissed off before, but when you've just spent the last 100+ minutes running your butt off and suffering god knows how many fouls, it happens...
I dont think that ruined Zidane's long term reputation at all. The BBC made out he lost them the match-- there was only 10 minutes to go and it was clearly headed for penalties. He let himself down sure, but he certainly did NOT throw the game away as implied by Shearer, Lineker and Hanson.

France were unlucky to lose, but then Italy were unlucky last time round.
Economist
What and let all his team mates down? Its not a competition of who has the biggest balls. A true professional would have risen above it

Exactly. Rise above whatever was said, get on with the game and be even more determined to beat them.

Gem
why do i get the feeling a lot of posters on here were proud of rooney stamping on carvalho's balls....

Latest