The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Enlighten me..... :smile: But please keep your fingers of the keyboard because you don't have a clue what you're talking about. ****ing Weirdo.

You're getting very defensive. Sounds to me like YOU LIKE COCK AND YOUR MUM'S GAY!!

LOL!
Reply 5161
jhendo
Don't know if it's been said already, but Materazzi pinched his nipple and then obviously sent something else to Zidane as he was walking off. I'm not condoning it but it was a great headbutt, if you're gona do it do it properly.

Edit: He pinches his nipple just before the youtube vid in the other thread starts

yh even i herd materazzi pinched his niple ad called him boldilox
Zidane is still my idol no matter what. Everyone's human, and in the heat of the moment, if he's provoked, aggressiveness is understandable. I'm not saying what he did was right but apparently the Italian guy was making racial comments. And in case no one noticed, Zidane was walking away before the Italian guy said something which quirked him.

He's described as modest, kind and shy offpitch, and despite the headbutting, Zidane is still one of the top players in the history of football. Nothing can change that.
Reply 5163
Enlighten me..... :smile: But please keep your fingers of the keyboard because you don't have a clue what you're talking about. ****ing Weirdo.

Lol, are you after funniest post of the day award or something?

Zidane was a complete idiot last night, no way should he have lost his temper like that. He may have had an awesome career, but last night he was a moron for doing that. How you or anyone can defend an action like that just because of who he is amazes me...

FIFA giving him the award is somewhat contradictory as other people have said - they claim to want fair play and want to get rid of violence in Football, yet they give an award to the person with the worst disciplinary record in the tournament who hasn't had a particularly amazing tournament. Even if the votes were done before the incident I think they should have redone them afterwards.
No. But then I'm a France supporter.
Pulse
Seriouslt whoever neg repped me should get a life

LMFAO. More rep for you. Obviously the negative kind...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply 5166
Any self-respecting person should ignore comments by 789654123 - not just here, but across the board.
FFS! Leave Zidane alone!! How many guys have acted aggressively provoked in real life?! Just 'cause he's famous and was in the final match so everyone's saying he's a d*ck. How many English football maniacs have behaved violently in crowds?! Geez, leave him ALONE!!

The Golden Ball's about performance anyway and not about the headbutting so stop going on about that!
creak
How is this relevant?

What you said about taking action...
Reply 5169
hamza09
yh even i herd materazzi pinched his niple ad called him boldilox

Like I said, i wasnt condoning it, just saying what happened.
Reply 5170
angelfire1987
LMFAO. More rep for you. Obviously the negative kind...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I bet he's scared :-/

Some people seem to be getting WAY too defensive for what was, in my opinion, a completely inexcusable action.
I don't know about the pinching nipples thing but it's said that the Italian guy made some racist comments. The bast**d
Reply 5172
blissy
I love the way the Italian guy is too tall for him to get it in the face :biggrin:

I think it was pretty obvious he could have got him in the face. He looked pretty composed when he did it. Had he really lost it, I think it would be a different story altogether.
Sharpshooter
In that particular match, no.

Overall in the tournament, yes.

Agreed.
Reply 5174
Sasuntsi Davit
And this is why racism still exists, all the people condeming Zidane's actions are not condeming in the same light Materrazzi's gesture.

If it turns out that Zidane completely lost it, (which I very much doubt), fine what he did was discraceful. However, it seems more likely that Materrazzi said something and made a racist gesture, which to a large amount of people seems to be a petty offence.

If it is revealed that Materazzi made a vile racist comment then he should certainly recieve condemnation and punishment as well, I don't think anybody here would argue against that.

Perhaps Materazzi knew exactly how to wind Zidane up, and he is an idiot for doing so, but Zidane is an idiot too for playing right into the Italian's hands and probably reacting just as Materazzi wanted him to.
He's a legendary player on the biggest stage in world sport in his last ever match, yet he acted like a sunday league thug. He should have risen above it, the best way to respond to Materazzi would have been with a goal.
Can i just say i don't understand the huge double standards by FIFA throughout this tournament. The main incident i which to moan about is the fact that Figo only gets a yellow card for a headbutt yet Zidane gets a red? Zidane admittedly is an iconic player, throughout the world, but at the same time, Figo's not far off. Figo didn't even get disciplinary action. I really don't understand it all.

regards
--marty
Stolen from someone elsewhere.... but apparently Zidane was delighted to hear he had won the golden bull award.

:biggrin:
I maintain, that if England, Brazil, or Argentina swapped group positions, they would have also all got to the final - the way they were playing.

Italy had a relatively easy run - Ghana, USA, Czech Republic, a poor Ukraine and Australia.... never the less, the way they went about winning those games thinks they deserved the win.:smile:
Reply 5178
Long Live Zidane.
-x-buttercup-x-
Finally somebody talking some sense.

Talking sense, or saying what you want to hear?

Latest