The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7540
I hate when people are like "oh, give him a chance, he got you to the Play Off Final.

A) He HUMILIATED us at the Play Off final, but using pathetic tactics and displaying how little ambition he has.
B) He makes himself look like a complete **** in interviews
C) He complains about having no money when he's had the bets part of 7 million- plenty for this league
D) He keeps playing Stone
E) An extention of D, he goes on about us not scoring, yet he misuses Healy, ensures we have crap service and actually has faith in Horsfield
F) He uses stupid excuses like "If all of our games had been a few minutes shorter, we'd have six more points"
G) He actually said on Sky that the football has been "great"

He was the cheap and the only option. He reached his peak with us before Easter and since then, it's been clear that he's not the man for us in the long run. We should have sacked him in the Summer.

If I have to see against Birmingham the sort of football I've been exposed to so far, it will be the last £27.50 Leeds United get from me 'till he's gone.
Reply 7541
lol its great that West Ham arent playing that well so far with their two new signings. Hopefully Tevez and Mascherano will realise what a mistake it is that they are playing for West Ham and will set their sights on moving to a Big team, i.e Manchester United! :smile:
Reply 7542
Mellie
I hate when people are like "oh, give him a chance, he got you to the Play Off Final.

A) He HUMILIATED us at the Play Off final, but using pathetic tactics and displaying how little ambition he has.
B) He makes himself look like a complete **** in interviews
C) He complains about having no money when he's had the bets part of 7 million- plenty for this league
D) He keeps playing Stone
E) An extention of D, he goes on about us not scoring, yet he misuses Healy, ensures we have crap service and actually has faith in Horsfield
F) He uses stupid excuses like "If all of our games had been a few minutes shorter, we'd have six more points"
G) He actually said on Sky that the football has been "great"

He was the cheap and the only option. He reached his peak with us before Easter and since then, it's been clear that he's not the man for us in the long run. We should have sacked him in the Summer.

If I have to see against Birmingham the sort of football I've been exposed to so far, it will be the last £27.50 Leeds United get from me 'till he's gone.

Just about sums it up i think, have you seen this article on sky, re: the bit where he talks about paying ex-managers didn't like the tone of that myself.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=416422&CPID=10&clid=2&lid=&title=Blackwell+rejects+Curbs+talk
Reply 7543
Yes, I did read it! To be honest, it sounded like he intends to hold the board to ransom should they wish to sack him. However, considering he just recently signed a new deal, I'd be interested to know the terms and conditions of it. Blackwell was a bargain basement appointment but I am sure Professor Mackenzie drew up a rediculous deal anyway...I am positive that whatever Bates has given him is a revised thing. My one major hope is that considering Bates always seems to have fancied giving Kev the heave-ho, that he drew up a deal that was never going to fiscally batter us upon sackage.
Reply 7544
Yeh at least we now have a chairman who everybody knows doesn't mess around, as long as he doesn't create a chelsea-esque 'leeds village'! lol, sure that would have a lot of takers. I want curbishley to take over and definately not bryan robson - that would be just as bad as Blackwell.
Reply 7545
I hope we stay up.
Reply 7546
Hope we get into Europe this year :smile:
Reply 7548
Any tips on improving shooting power, accuracy and swerves.
Reply 7549
Does anyone know where I can watch Italian league matches?
Reply 7550
What's up with West Ham this season. We've only won when I bothered showing up to a game and I'd say we haven't had one good 90-minute performance, with or without the Argies
Bravo channel
Yeah, channel 124 if you've got Sky

Or video highlights on Bravo's website:
http://www.bravo.co.uk/footballitalia/videohighlights.php
Reply 7553
hit it clean with the top-front of your foot on different parts of the ball for swerve and with lots of practice for accuracy
Have it!
Reply 7555
I'm not sure we'll get Curbs, tbh. And Leeds Village is definitely happening. But Blackwell won't be around to see it :biggrin: I don't think Bryan Robson would even be considered, actually.
Hi

TBH all the Leeds fans know that we are cursed like hell. If/when KB goes, he'll manage another club and do brilliantly...its just the way things go here. Anyway I reckon he should be given a little longer, but how long can people go on saying that...definitely no longer than Christmas. If/when it comes to getting a new manager don't worry too much about reputations (except maybe Glen Hoddle), Peter Reid and Terry Venables both had fairly good reputations but both of them did bugger all.

When it comes to the money situation, Bates knows what hes doing (i shudder to think) and if he sees it fit to spend money on restaurants and bars etc around Elland Road, and getting 16,000 each week at Elland Road then thats fine. Personally I believe one of the main reasons that we're doing so rubbish this season is not only cos of lack of motivation from the fans. Elland Road and indeed LUFC were made for 40,000 + screaming passionate Yorkshiremen to drive the club onwards and upwards, but how depressing must it be for the players to come out onto the pitch to see the stadium under half full, week in week out. This I think is the main reason why our home form is rubbish.

Now I know its ridiculously expensive to watch such teams as Colchester and Barnsley, but please Leeds fans get down to Elland Road! Please and support the lads!

Right I've finished my tirade for now!

Reply and argue with me please!

David
Italy :wink:
I thought West Ham would get off to a flying start, and when Tevez and Mascherano came in I thought this is it.

I thought wrong :rolleyes: Tevez has done next to nothing?! Mascherano is playing okay.

Latest