The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is right Crouch lad!
Phew he didnt do the robot!!! Good lad!
Reply 862
Redemption has been served!
From 'zero' to 'hero' a man derided by england fans, called a freak and boo'd is now one of our best hopes for the world cup
Made up for crouch,he is such a nice fella
Reply 864
I gathered from your avatar. :p:
Crouch is still a freak.

I saw him play for QPR in division 2...weird seeing him score a hat trick for England.
We need that animal Shrek. Crouch and Owen are useless.
We all love Crouchy. Where are the bored critics now? They must be extra bored at this moment in time.
If Rooney just walks back into the team after the success this Crouch/Owen partnership has had ill be royaly pissed off
I want Shrek and Neville to stay injured for a while, though I think Neville will be back :rolleyes:
the victory james
Crouch is still a freak.

:rolleyes:
justfarhan
We all love Crouchy. Where are the bored critics now? They must be extra bored at this moment in time.

Wiping the pie from their faces. :biggrin:
I'll be laughing if I catch someone in an England shirt knocking the French considering the 3 lions comes from the Normans! :biggrin:
calderstonesLFC
If Rooney just walks back into the team after the success this Crouch/Owen partnership has had ill be royaly pissed off

Why?

If Crouch was at any other club you would laugh at him.

Im embarrassed that he is our 3rd choice striker, now starting for us unless Rooney is fit. Dont get me wrong, he is the best of the bad bunch and he should be in there for plan b but if Crouch played for Brazil it would be an outrage.

If Rooney is match fit, then Crouch wont play and rightly so
Reply 874
Why are you embarassed Crouch is 3rd choice striker? Are you embarased at crouch or the lack of other options? if its the latter surely you have to be embarassed with the whole squad. There is virtually no depth to the squad anywhere except defence. The brazil comment is baffling, I have no idea what relevence it has.

Crouch isnt the most talented player in england, but he has his skills and talents which many still dont recognise. People have to realise that a team is only as good as the whole system it plays, not individual talent. That is why Crouch is making a name for himself (in a good way) for both club and country.

To be honest, I'm just delighted for someone who was booed by his OWN COUNTRY FANS less than 12 months ago to return to that ground and score 3/4 goals in two games and basically get universal recognition. It doesnt matter how much money he's on but to be booed by your own supporters and have things like 'freak' shouted at every touch isn't easy to deal with. He was England's best player vs Austria at old trafford yet still got booed and criticised. Shown a lot of *******s has BFG and sometimes, even at the highest level, you have to appreciate how big a commodity that is.
Economist
Why?

Im embarrassed that he is our 3rd choice striker, now starting for us unless Rooney is fit. Dont get me wrong, he is the best of the bad bunch and he should be in there for plan b but if Crouch played for Brazil it would be an outrage.

Wow, you know nothing about anything whatsoever.
Economist
Why?

Are you stupid, or on a wind up? Why are you embarassed?
He has scored 2 more than Rooney since Euro 2004, and has 5 goals in 7 games which is a fantastic record. What is your reason behind being embarassed?
Rooney should not just waltz into the team the second he can kick a ball straight, he has not proved anything during the qualifiers to me that warrants him an automatic place. Crouch has earnt his place with good performances in every game.
You really are ****ing clueless at times, please tell me why you are embarassed our third choice striker is crouch.
Reply 877
NDGAARONDI
I'll be laughing if I catch someone in an England shirt knocking the French considering the 3 lions comes from the Normans! :biggrin:

You can't really count the Normans as French, they were a separate kingdom who lived in what we now happen to call France.
Reply 878
Cindy
Wiping the pie from their faces. :biggrin:

While his critics may have quitened down, they're still here. He needs to transfer his form in the World Cup, then surely people will get off his back. To this day, he hasn't scored a single goal for England in a competitive match which is what matters most.
kpg
Why are you embarassed Crouch is 3rd choice striker? Are you embarased at crouch or the lack of other options? if its the latter surely you have to be embarassed with the whole squad. There is virtually no depth to the squad anywhere except defence. The brazil comment is baffling, I have no idea what relevence it has. .

I completely agree, we dont have any strength in depth and its embarrassing we have to resort to starting Crouch. We are 2nd favourites in the betting yet Crouch wouldnt be the best player in a Toga team. I compared it to Brazil because our players should be comparable to theirs, Crouch isnt.

Latest