The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

MadNatSci
Oh yes!! But I can't remember what he was solving... :confused:

the guy that had died was killed in a sealed nuclear bunker
Turned out that the killed and made a false wall in which i sealed himself (the guy had gone to prison for a crime he didnt commit)
Jonny noticed that the bulb had been switched for a dimmer one, and that the toilet hole was too close to the wall to fit the toilet in
J
foolfarian
the guy that had died was killed in a sealed nuclear bunker
Turned out that the killed and made a false wall in which i sealed himself (the guy had gone to prison for a crime he didnt commit)
Jonny noticed that the bulb had been switched for a dimmer one, and that the toilet hole was too close to the wall to fit the toilet in
J

Reply 22
eddiedaboss
yeh the one where the man drowns was a good episode

though the most memorable episode for me must have been the one when the expensive piece of art goes missing from the small room with the little school-girl inside

The Mother Redcap, with the men dying of fright at the window and the stabbed judge, was my fave. It had me really stumped.
Reply 23
Gimp
I prefer Caroline Quentin too, probably because Men Behaving Badly was so good :smile:

It was watching her flirting in the first series and then the putdowns once she got there, eventually. The chemistry was spot on.
I haven't seen any of the new ones, I like the actress but it doesn't seem right without Caroline. I should give it a chance, though I don't like the sound of the twist at the end. The whole thing is suppoesd to be the twist.
Reply 24
The thing i pride myself with Johnathon Creek is that i always managed to figure out one small detail in it. Even if it isn't that important, i always figure out a small detail
Reply 25
I liked the alien mercury one... it still spooks me tho...
And the castle one... Devils chimney that was good.
And the one with the guy who "sold his soul to the devil"..

I always like Caroline Quentin, the chemisty was just right. I think this new girl is good, but it could work with both Quentin and the new girl...

I love trying to spot the clues, if I get one I'm always chuffed.

Thing is I always find them spooky, partly its the music in the background, but I often watch em babysitting and I'm easily spooked whn I'm babysitting (too much point horror!!) but I like the spookyness, not scary spooky, the fear of the unknown....

Eva
Reply 26
txt_eva
I liked the alien mercury one... it still spooks me tho...
And the castle one... Devils chimney that was good.
And the one with the guy who "sold his soul to the devil"..

I remember all of them. One of my favs was the christmas special.
Reply 27
I used to love Jonathon Creek but thought the new ones that were on a few weeks ago were rubbish. And is it just me or are they loads shorter? The story lines were no where near as good and I definetely prefer Caroline Quentin in it.
Reply 28
suz19
I used to love Jonathon Creek but thought the new ones that were on a few weeks ago were rubbish. And is it just me or are they loads shorter? The story lines were no where near as good and I definetely prefer Caroline Quentin in it.

same here.

Hey suz, i was right. The mods deleated that thread from yesterday, but luckey i honly had to post once to get to 2000 posts again.
Reply 29
Dude
same here.

Hey suz, i was right. The mods deleated that thread from yesterday, but luckey i honly had to post once to get to 2000 posts again.

Did they delete the whole lot?? I'm surprised how long it lasted actually. Ok then, happy re-2000th post day for whenever it was :biggrin:
Reply 30
suz19
Did they delete the whole lot?? I'm surprised how long it lasted actually. Ok then, happy re-2000th post day for whenever it was :biggrin:

In the HP thread.
Reply 31
Dude
I remember all of them. One of my favs was the christmas special.

Xmas one? Which?

I remember one, recently I think, with a guy who was hidden in a room and there was a frog invouled and some people making a big arc...

And one with a painter who was it seemed going abit mad, and this young girl was invoulded and she was stealing or something.

And one with a very rich mother who hated her children or... wait a minute "brides tongue" or "bridal skull" or something? It links to a very scary look touture device that went over the head and the mother was found in the bath wearing it... or was that another programme.... I think I'm getting confused...
Reply 32
txt_eva
Xmas one? Which?

The christmas special was the one where a man thought he saw his wife shoot herself with a shotgun,
Reply 33
Well aren't Alan Davies and that Sawahalalalia woman married? The chemistry should be just as good, and I think it is really just the scripts aren't as good and the whole set up with her being with that other bloke means less possibilities. It's just not as good really all together really.
Reply 34
Gimp
Well aren't Alan Davies and that Sawahalalalia woman married? The chemistry should be just as good, and I think it is really just the scripts aren't as good and the whole set up with her being with that other bloke means less possibilities. It's just not as good really all together really.

Miss Swahaliaha ha is excellent, it has to be the writers.
Reply 35
Dude
The thing i pride myself with Johnathon Creek is that i always managed to figure out one small detail in it. Even if it isn't that important, i always figure out a small detail

It is a matter of great pride isn't it, I usually kind of figure who did it or what with but never the how.
Reply 36
Gimp

"Jonathan Creek star Alan Davies and girlfriend Julia Sawalha say they are taking action over reports that they have secretly married.
The comic and the Absolutely Fabulous star denied they have tied the knot in secret.
And in a statement released by their lawyers they countered suggestions they were even engaged.
However, they would wish their family, friends and others to know that, contrary to recent reports in a number of newspapers, they are neither married nor engaged." FROM http://www.topix.net/who/julia-sawalha

So.. no...
Reply 37
txt_eva
"Jonathan Creek star Alan Davies and girlfriend Julia Sawalha say they are taking action over reports that they have secretly married.
The comic and the Absolutely Fabulous star denied they have tied the knot in secret.
And in a statement released by their lawyers they countered suggestions they were even engaged.
However, they would wish their family, friends and others to know that, contrary to recent reports in a number of newspapers, they are neither married nor engaged." FROM http://www.topix.net/who/julia-sawalha

So.. no...

oh :smile: that pissed on my fireworks didn't it.
Reply 38
thalia
It is a matter of great pride isn't it, I usually kind of figure who did it or what with but never the how.

Tagline for Creek: "It's not who, it's how."

Gimp
oh :smile: that pissed on my fireworks didn't it.

Sowwy!

Latest

Trending

Trending