The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ashtoreth
*forgot to do the multi-quote thing:colondollar:*

ah right, cheers for that :smile: - bit harsh if someone has started their course and not had their finance yet but for those that can get student OD facilities, i guess there's always a way to survive.

Yeah - I think it's paid when the course actually starts. Although one of my mates had to wait until March last year to get his loan through - hard for him given he was so reluctant to let me or my mates lend him anything.

TBH I can only survive at the moment because I worked all summer.
Reply 1981
When you seriously consider giving up a class because it clashes with the free vegan lunches given out each day (how else am I going to get my dose of cheap healthy food)?!
Original post by Kaylee_94
Found it, I think.
And yes exactly, I suck.
I'm just going to blame the iPhone..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

:biggrin: dont worry about it, i spent 10minutes trying to rotate a picture so i gave up and picked a stock avatar

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Original post by Nvmthename
:biggrin: dont worry about it, i spent 10minutes trying to rotate a picture so i gave up and picked a stock avatar

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830

Haha I'm not the only one then :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
All you have to eat are beans and pot noodles.:redface::cool:
Reply 1985
Desperate times, desperate measures.

3695728_460s.jpg
Reply 1986
you feel you have been studying your whole life. Cant wait until 2015 or 2016 depending on whether I do the 4th year of my course or not so thats its all OVER for good. fed up studying.
Original post by buchanan700
You throw out a plate because you can't be bothered to wash it.

Cold pasta with dodgy cheese is ****ing delicious!

You find yourself agonising over whether to fork out the £2 for some lunch.

Carry on? When was your "I am definately a student" moment?

:biggrin:

When you use an egg cup as a shot glass.
Reply 1988
when you would rather spend your student loan on a holiday next summer than course books or lunch so you bring food from home. I travel in to uni each day.

Degree plus doing an extra course is more exciting than your degree.
Original post by Hardell

3695728_460s.jpg

Ace idea.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You're cooking eggs in a microwave :yep:

thank god someone else does this... people look at me like im mad but nothing compares to the good ol taste of nuked egg :biggrin:
Original post by Hardell

3695728_460s.jpg

Have you seen The Apartment?

apartment.jpg
When you've considered brushing a used plate/bowl/kitchen utensil off with a cloth as adequate washing up.
Original post by daisiesandfashion
yeah, so am I haha, need it to pay for my train fare, it's going to cost me a fortune!
I'm doing International Fashion Branding, you? Don't worry if we are on the same course, some people I was talking to on Thursday were in my seminar group (we were put in on Wednesday) and I didn't even know they were on my course haha
yeah, I was unsure of that too, maybe because we get our payment so early because we start a lot earlier people might be annoyed possibly haha

where are u coming in from? there's someone on my course commuting in from Ayr and i was shocked that she's pays £10 a day:eek:- there was me thinking travel within glasgow seems cheap in comparison to what i'm used to - until i went to see how much a travel card is. £17 for a week - guess it's not too bad but i can see a case to be made for moving closer in v soon.
especially as i don't like where i'm living.

*breathes a sigh of relief* looool...am on social work so we're ok:colondollar:

Original post by Alofleicester
Yeah - I think it's paid when the course actually starts. Although one of my mates had to wait until March last year to get his loan through - hard for him given he was so reluctant to let me or my mates lend him anything.

TBH I can only survive at the moment because I worked all summer.

kinda admire that sorta attitude but same time, bet he was really pleased to see his finance :eek: and i'll bet his OD got hammered! lol

system seems in need of work, i'd suggest. great for those that had some money saved over the summer but, not so great for those that could not find a job. i came up with some money but, it was nowhere near enuff. then again, i didn't manage to get my job till quite late.

i'm still waiting for my bursary and i am one of the lucky ones cos i'm doing a course that attracts additional funding, plus with my pt job starting this week i should be ok but, i went to take a look at halls today cos i don't like where i'm living? n omg, i don't know how ppl manage if they have to do it off their own backs!

on the plus side, my delivery came today an i may leave u a rekorderlig cos i'm feelin generous:colone: - it's on the table thattaway >>>>>>
where are u coming in from? there's someone on my course commuting in from Ayr and i was shocked that she's pays £10 a day:eek:- there was me thinking travel within glasgow seems cheap in comparison to what i'm used to - until i went to see how much a travel card is. £17 for a week - guess it's not too bad but i can see a case to be made for moving closer in v soon.
especially as i don't like where i'm living.

*breathes a sigh of relief* looool...am on social work so we're ok:colondollar:

Just 20 minutes on the train but before 9 it's £5.30 and £3.80 after 9!
Yeah, it's pretty expensive! Where is it you're looking to move to?

haha, yeah, pretty different courses lol
x

x

I'm going to Strathy. So.. I guess that means we're rivals?
Just 20 minutes on the train but before 9 it's £5.30 and £3.80 after 9!
Yeah, it's pretty expensive! Where is it you're looking to move to?

haha, yeah, pretty different courses lol

that's expensive! bloody hell! you considered moving closer in?

i moved up here to pollokshields but i so need to be closer!:s-smilie: else i'll forever be late for my 9ams.

Original post by KiaraMarissa
I'm going to Strathy. So.. I guess that means we're rivals?

i don't do rivalry with inferiors:tongue:
i don't do rivalry with inferiors:tongue:

Haha, thanks! I appreciate it :smile:
Original post by MelissaJayne
When you've considered brushing a used plate/bowl/kitchen utensil off with a cloth as adequate washing up.

Definitely.

Also, when opening the front door wearing boxers and a t-shirt (sometimes optional) is considered par for the course.

When answering the phone to your grouchy land-lady with "city morgue; you kill 'em, we chill 'em" (my housemate yesterday) is considered par for the course.
Original post by KiaraMarissa
Haha, thanks! I appreciate it :smile:

heh!:tongue:

what u doin there, anyways?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending