The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SoulfulBoy
Should that smiley be :colondollar: instead of :colone: ?

:tongue:

:colone: should be used at every opportunity tbqfh

(in before mod warns for spamming :upyours:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
:colone: should be used at every opportunity tbqfh

Fair enough :colone:
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Te amo, Arcadia!

Easy lover boy :tongue:

:biggrin:
Original post by hamijack
Easy lover boy :tongue:

:biggrin:

I am just full of love. :tongue:
Reply 1584
walk of shame
cheesy student nights
****ty take away because it's cheap
student overdraft
exams and essays
lectures

I love it
Original post by velociraptor
should start hallucinating by now. It's kind of fun

The walls started dripping.
When going to bed at 4am is considered an early night
I wish that was because Im partying all night
but TSRians I cant lie to you its because Alevels specifically chemistry have made me nocturnal

What a bit of humour mixed in with the truth is offensive to people now?
Y
(edited 12 years ago)
Worry a lot about completing the assignments the day you get them. But, finally start and complete them the night before submission.
Your day of "solid work" consists of:

- Waking up at 11am
- Internet until midday
- Shower
- Tidy room
- Cup of tea
- Lunch

And suddenly it's 1.30 and I haven't even opened a book...
Reply 1589
Original post by kiai8
When you find a pan full of maggots because a flatmate can't be bothered washing up. They then try and pour the maggots out of the window and accidently drop the pan out of the 3rd floor window into the street...

That's disgusting :eek::eek::eek::eek:
When you learn that when you hand in an essay late you only lose about 5% per day. And suddenly deadlines are no longer that important...
When tesco's meal deal become a luxury :biggrin:
Saturday night is spent with your flatmates prank calling every food venue on your pinboard, and various people you disliked from your yearbook - with the Fonejacker voices :biggrin:
You start to wonder if your daily tea consumption qualifies as addiction.

Upon attempting to tackle the teetering pile of powerpoint slides, you begin to miss the exercise books of your school days.

One of your main topics of conversation with your flatmates is what you found in the reduced section of the supermarket, and where cheese is currently on offer.
Original post by alexmagpie
You start to wonder if your daily tea consumption qualifies as addiction.

Upon attempting to tackle the teetering pile of powerpoint slides, you begin to miss the exercise books of your school days.

One of your main topics of conversation with your flatmates is what you found in the reduced section of the supermarket, and where cheese is currently on offer.

Understandable.
Wow, the thought of me procrastinating more than I am now is daunting (yet slightly impressive :P)
Original post by ily_em
No, why would they pay people? :s-smilie:

You get paid for being an egg donor.
...when making up a cheap, easy, minimal-washing-up recipe for dinner turns out really, really tasty, and this makes your day.
Reply 1598
Original post by ArcaneAnna
You get paid for being an egg donor.

I'd say donating eggs is a much bigger deal though. There is more effort involved in the actual process, and donating eggs is a harder decision than giving away a pint of your blood. Also:

Donors cannot be paid for donating eggs but, in addition to your claims for the "reasonable expenses" you incur when donating, you can also claim compensation for loss of earnings at the rate of £55.19 for each full day, up to a maximum of £250 per cycle of egg donation.

http://www.bridge-eggdonor.com/more_information.htm

So it's not exactly like being paid.
Original post by ChapelTom
I've done after a night out, stayed up in front of the oven in the kitchen making cups of tea and chatting on facebook all night.

Done it because I was nervous about missing an alarm for a 6am train.

Also had to stay for 7 hours on Manchester Piccadilly station after a mate was refused entry to a club, missed the last train home so walked round the station all night with a bottle of whisky each.

THREE TOP ALL-NIGHTERS! :biggrin:

:eek: No way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending