The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

When you think paying out £10 for a laundry card is ridiculous, so instead you buy your underwear reduced in shops with student discount, and pray to god you never run out of clean clothes.

Yet spending ten pound on a night out is the best idea ever, and so ridiculously cheap you'll probably do it 3 nights this week instead of one.

When sleeping is used to avoid eating.
When any form of free food is acceptable use for 'dinner', pizza at friends houses, food on work breaks, flat mates baking cakes and telling you to help yourself (take half the batch to your room secretly, then pretend you have no idea where they went)

When you wake up and always question immediatley what stupid **** you did the night before.

And the glorious early hours the afternoon moment where all you and your flat mates wake up and slob around the kitchen, one by one cursing at the fact they missed uni dismorning as soon as they walk through the kitchen door.
Original post by Origami Bullets
When it gets the the end of the year, and you have absolutely no idea how you're going to get everything home.

I've had to make sacrifices in this respect - alas, the inflatable pool cue won't be coming home with me!

im having to make a second journey tomorrow for the rest of my stuff
Reply 1782
Original post by Origami Bullets
When it gets the the end of the year, and you have absolutely no idea how you're going to get everything home.

I've had to make sacrifices in this respect - alas, the inflatable pool cue won't be coming home with me!

True that, and I have to fly home! I ended up just shipping my stuff to my house via Parcelforce lol.
Reply 1783
you have roast cod for breakfast lunch and dinner.
Original post by jj193
you have roast cod for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Roast cod! Fishfingers, perhaps.
when you find out you have achieved a first class honours degree,after through calculations(my brother did today but might not graduate for 2 years).
Original post by Dalek1099
when you find out you have achieved a first class honours degree,after through calculations(my brother did today but might not graduate for 2 years).
Surely that means that you're not a student anymore? :wink:
Reply 1787
When going to bed at 1am seems oddly early
Reply 1788
when you Mcd drive takeaway twice a week.
When sneaking vodka into clubs and your friends 'minesweeping' (stealing drinks) in clubs seems as the norm, socially tolerated and acceptable behaviour.
You're up at 1.30am waiting for your uni results to be published!
Original post by Crystalle

Good luck!
Original post by Crystalle

This so many times this!! They posted 3 on Friday and one today but the one today we already had, I swear to god they just do it to spite us!! My course is the only one in the school of Life Sciences that doesn't seem to have their exam results back!!
Original post by Cinnamon_Twist
Good luck!

Thank you! xx
Reply 1794
- You buy as many black socks as you can as to avoid having to pair them after washing / care whether they are clean or not, to spare wasting money.

- You can't go wrong with a bong.

- Saucepans make great glasses/dishes

- Your toaster is now your back up cigarette lighter

- You complain that you only ever play ring of fire, but always end up playing it and enjoying it when drunk

- Bacon. Just bacon. So much bacon.

- Your main aim at the end of the year is to get 40% in the exams and hoping to Christ your coursework mark is enough to push it up there.
When 5 day old prawn crackers and sweet and sour sauce is preferable to going out in the rain to buy food.
Original post by Xhotas
- You buy as many black socks as you can as to avoid having to pair them after washing / care whether they are clean or not, to spare wasting money.

- You can't go wrong with a bong.

- Saucepans make great glasses/dishes

- Your toaster is now your back up cigarette lighter

- You complain that you only ever play ring of fire, but always end up playing it and enjoying it when drunk

- Bacon. Just bacon. So much bacon.

- Your main aim at the end of the year is to get 40% in the exams and hoping to Christ your coursework mark is enough to push it up there.

This. Just... This!!!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
More like this:

If you want the hour breakdown for this 'successful living' model, let me know.

BTW: The fact that you posted your last message at 4.36am on a Wednesday says a lot.

What is leisure reading? I've never heard of it.
Original post by Formerly Helpful_C
What is leisure reading? I've never heard of it.

Leisure reading is reading for leisure, rather than for school. Fiction, non-fiction,
whatever you want, as long as it's not an education textbook.

Glad to see though you're putting thought into my time management model lol
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Leisure reading is reading for leisure, rather than for school. Fiction, non-fiction,
whatever you want, as long as it's not an education textbook.

Glad to see though you're putting thought into my time management model lol

I feel that some of the segments could be adjusted but, overall, it seems like a sure-fire way of doing well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending