The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3120
rpotter
Yer I've got it aswell. Im not going to revise for the AEA though, cant really do anything for it to be honest.

Hmm yeah thats how i feel about the Chem AEA on weds - but im slightly better at chem! Is there any kind of sites that says what its on / give past questions etc?? Its by sum really weird exam board so im kinda worried that the syllabus may be different
henrik larsson is gonna kick ur asses. not that it really affects u guys anyway though?

poor u duke :frown: nurses r just evil in general. come to me for ur toe health care in about seven years and ill give u anaesthetics and the such galore!
1-0 to Sweden. *Crosses fingers*.

Then it can be 5-1 to Germany in the second round. :p:
KAISER_MOLE

AEA religious Studies!?!

Yep. Should be fun actually, the questions are broad enough that I can just make a fairly minor nod to religion and spend 3 hours talking about philosophy.
thanks for the rep parsley :smile:
I'm bored.... You know, as much as we've done Disney to death, we've not really discussed music on this thread I don't think. Time for the cheesy, "if you were stuck on a desert island which 6* albums would you bring with you?" question I think! *It was originally 5, but I couldn't decide, and as I'm asking the question I figure I'm allowed to change it on a whim.

Mine would probably be

1. Dark side of the Moon by Pink Floyd
2. Moon Safari by Air (seems like good stranded music doesn't it?)
3. Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie
4. The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails (for when I'm annoyed at being stuck on a desert island)
5. Forty Licks by the Rolling Stones
6. The Best of Kings by King's College Cam choir.

:biggrin:
friendlyneutron
I'm bored.... You know, as much as we've done Disney to death, we've not really discussed music on this thread I don't think. Time for the cheesy, "if you were stuck on a desert island which 6* albums would you bring with you?" question I think! *It was originally 5, but I couldn't decide, and as I'm asking the question I figure I'm allowed to change it on a whim.

Mine would probably be

1. Dark side of the Moon by Pink Floyd
2. Moon Safari by Air (seems like good stranded music doesn't it?)
3. Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie
4. The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails (for when I'm annoyed at being stuck on a desert island)
5. Forty Licks by the Rolling Stones
6. The Best of Kings by King's College Cam choir.

:biggrin:

Dammit, you just beat me with your adding a sixth...I was going to look psychic by pre-plying to your post :frown:
Anyhoo;

In Time: Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003 by R.E.M.

The Invisible Band by Travis

X&Y by Coldplay

Greatest Hits [Columbia] by Bruce Springsteen

Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie

Takk by Sigur Ros

Let's see.

Queen, greatest Hits
Pearl Jam, Ten
Nine Inch Nails, Pretty Hate Machine
Rage Against the Machine, Rage Against the Machine
Beatles, 1967-1970, Blue Album
....some Rachmaninov or something I guess

Not much of a music dude really, whatever I finds, I listens tos
As possibly the most indecisive person on the planet, this is much harder than it initially looks...

1. Parachutes - Coldplay
2. A Certain Trigger - Maximo Park
3. The Man Who - Travis
4. The Beginning Stages Of... - Polyphonic Spree
5. Demon Days - Gorillaz
6. With Love and Squalor - We Are Scientists

But I'll probably have changed my mind in half an hour.
Songs about Jane - Maroon 5
Hot Fuss - The Killers
Marti Pellow sings the Hits of Wet Wet Wet (shush! :redface: )
Dean Martin's Songs for Lovers
Best of Madonna
Hello Dolly soundtrack (again, shush)

:cool:
Reply 3130
Heloo. You know I think this forum is actually bad for me, because if I go and have a peek at how everyone found the exam I just did I get a little annoyed. They either say it was so hard and then list all the things they got right thus making me feel even worse about a bad paper OR everyone talks about how great it was, until some wise guy says, we can't all get As so I guess they'll bring the boundaries up.

Either way-how is it helpful, its dangerous!! I literally am now doubting a perfectly normal English exam because the questions were nice, therefore I should have done EVEN better so that I would be better than all the average people who did better than expected, what kind of a psychological impression is that?

Sorry for ranting, just had to take solace in a relatively normal conversation, realise this is a bit garbled, but was spurred on by my sudden irritation, and yes tis my own fault for even peeking at the general opinion towards an exam...

(Will go eat ice-cream and watch stand up comedy in an attempt to make it all go away...)
Nature of the beast.
Reply 3132
In no particular order, mine would be

- The Velvet Underground and Nico
- Tommy - The Who
- Tea for the Tillerman - Cat Stevens
- Surfer Rosa & Come On Pilgrim - Pixies
- The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie (Yes, I know...)
- Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

I have to say that Joanna Newsom almost made it on the list, and I almost agreed with Blue Fairy on the 'Beginning Stages' of the Spree...
Reply 3133
wanderer
1-0 to Sweden. *Crosses fingers*.

Then it can be 5-1 to Germany in the second round. :p:

God I almost negged you there :wink: :p:

Anyone else see the game? Sweden's goals were ****e and flukey.

Oh well, we play ecuador next.

Engerland engerland engerlaaaand

/anaebriated post
oooh good album quessie. ok

1.) REM-In Time Best of REM 1988-2003
2.) Coldplay-X&Y
3.) Pussycat Dolls- the album thats out the now (SORRY but yes u need something to boogie to!)
4.) Carole King-Tapestry
5.) Talking Heads- a best of album
6.) A motown compliation

ill change this tho no doubt. my taste in music lasts about as long as my attention span :redface:
Reply 3135
1. I am the Movie - Motion City Soundtrack
2. Popaganda - Head Automatica
3. Absolution - Muse
4. The Everglow - Mae
5. Oh No - OK Go
6. The Possibility & The Promise - Amber Pacific

I'll probably have changed my mind in half an hour though :rolleyes:
Wow - Aired, I have actually never heard of any of those. What sort of genre? :confused:
sarahliz12345
Wow - Aired, I have actually never heard of any of those. What sort of genre? :confused:

You've never heard of Muse?
Reply 3138
Mainly indie/alternative kind of thing.

You must have heard of Muse?!
Aired
Mainly indie/alternative kind of thing.

You must have heard of Muse?!

:stupido2: sorry

but I have now! There is still hope...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending