The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3180
friendlyneutron
Stupid non-working MSN *mutters* yay, Loocy's back on again! I thought you'd fallen down a well or something :smile:

Teehee, noooo, I'd just been scared away by all the maths talk a few pages back :wink:

THEME HOSPITAL IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD. I love that game with my entire being, although I only reloaded it on my lappytop a few days ago so I'm on all the low crappo levels which I can do really easily. And ooo, I lurve Rollecoaster Tycoon too - It's amazing but the music in it becomes very hypnotic after a while. Sadly I appear to be using my jobless gap year to play all my favourite childhood computer games for hours on end :frown:

I remember liking Age of Empires 2 as well... although I hated it when you got to the maximum number of people you could, uh 'build' or whatever. Civilisation was good too (can't remember what number I played) but then I got a really really big game and I had it on a setting where it showed all the turns in order and it crashed my computer and lost the game, kinda went off it after that.

Did anyone ever play Perfect Dark on the good old Nintendo 64? Now that was a BRILLIANT game.
Reply 3181
wanderer
Ah, Starcraft. Many happy memories. Although RTS games like that have now been completely supplanted in my affections by the all conquering Civilization 4.

My boyfriend used to be addicted to Starcraft, he kept talking about going to Korea to play it in tournaments. Then he had some epiphany about spending more time in the real world. So he switched to Counterstrike. :rolleyes:
Reply 3182
I know this is completely off-topic (like so many of my comments!) but love your avatar friendlyneutron! only just realised it was pingu! :smile:

On the subject of video games, sonci the hedgehog and street fighter two turbo will always have a special place in my gaming heart...

...theme hospital?! never heard of it, no wonder so many medics on this thread!
Loocy
My boyfriend used to be addicted to Starcraft, he kept talking about going to Korea to play it in tournaments. Then he had some epiphany about spending more time in the real world. So he switched to Counterstrike. :rolleyes:

Counterstrike is wunnerful! :p: I've just gone back to it as a revision alternative having not played for ages.
Reply 3184
wanderer
Counterstrike is wunnerful! :p: I've just gone back to it as a revision alternative having not played for ages.

He's pretty much stopped now, much to my delight. :p: He was in some pretty successful clan or group or whatever you call them... apparently they were associated with some magazine. :eek: That's right guys, I'm like a footballer's girlfriend, only with Counterstrike. I'm so proud.
Loocy
He's pretty much stopped now, much to my delight. :p: He was in some pretty successful clan or group or whatever you call them... apparently they were associated with some magazine. :eek: That's right guys, I'm like a footballer's girlfriend, only with Counterstrike. I'm so proud.

:cool:

I would never go so far as to join a clan. That's for real geeks. :wink:
Yay, it's Duke Flipside and I's prom tonight :biggrin: the excitement. (not much else to say, really lol) How are we all this afternoon/evening?
friendlyneutron
Yay, it's Duke Flipside and I's prom tonight :biggrin: the excitement. (not much else to say, really lol) How are we all this afternoon/evening?

Ooh do you have a nice dress? (Not that you're going to say no to that but still!)
I have a sore ear because I have a polyp in it (fleshy growth in ear canal) and yesterday they burnt it off (for the 2nd time) using silver nitrate but without anaesthetic (unlike the first time) and they used a lot of suction which is really noisy and hurts.
Other than that, not bad considering! Still got 17 hours of exams left which is a bit crap.
Reply 3188
I should be good as I have nothing to do, but I'm annoyed because looking for a job is so damn annoying :frown: Any of my fellow Glaswegians got any tips? Know anywhere that's looking etc?
Reply 3189
Is anybody doing AQAB synoptic biology tommorow?

:ahhhhh:
Reply 3190
[QUOTE="friendlyneutron"]Yay, it's Duke Flipside and I's prom tonight :biggrin: the excitement. (not much else to say, really lol) How are we all this afternoon/evening?[/b[

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv dreiunk!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Only one exam on mon to go!

(apart from aome AEA crap)

woooo!

anyone else watchin the footy?

Im trying to :biggrin::p:
Reply 3191
Brazil rock uber-style!
Reply 3192
Aired
Is anybody doing AQAB synoptic biology tommorow?

:ahhhhh:

hey only just discovered this thread... im hopefully going to sidney sussex to do geography but it all depends on the exams, especially the biology tomorrow which im dreading, i hate that word ... synoptic...
anyway hope it goes ok for you!
Reply 3193
You dont know how hard i tried not to make a spelling mistake in my last post!!!!

And I still made some :frown:
Hey there edie_06 , good luck tomorrow. :smile:

I've got FP3 tomorrow and need.....0 marks in it or more...hooray! The Big one was the Physics Synoptic today, which I thought went OK and well enough for me to get an A overall in Physics.

rpotter, you let the team down son, let the team down, now hit the showers!
Reply 3195
KAISER_MOLE
Hey there edie_06 , good luck tomorrow. :smile:

I've got FP3 tomorrow and need.....0 marks in it or more...hooray! The Big one was the Physics Synoptic today, which I thought went OK and well enough for me to get an A overall in Physics.

rpotter, you let the team down son, let the team down, now hit the showers!

I had physics synotpc today!!!!!!!! Was ok, cant remembr much of it, well donwe with your FP3 stuffy.

And the ashowers hurt my fist if I hit them :frown:

Now I;ve lost the remote and its dark so i cant work the tv and theres some radnom old lady person talking politcs at me (on tv, im not sitting in some asylum) :frown:
Lucy Lucy Lucy!!! open are looking for people!! sorry excuse the excitement but i thought a job in there would be fun (ive neevr bought anything from there in my life due to lack of funds but its a pretty damn nice looking shop) and really wanted to go get an application form but i thought itd be a bit rude to say "yeah so can i have five of my first seven weeks off to go work in the third world and BTW im leaving glasgow in september so..." anyway so they are looking for part time or weekend (and maybe full time) peeps. :p:

stay away from nursing homes on peril of death.
Reply 3197
Liz150888
Lucy Lucy Lucy!!! open are looking for people!! sorry excuse the excitement but i thought a job in there would be fun (ive neevr bought anything from there in my life due to lack of funds but its a pretty damn nice looking shop) and really wanted to go get an application form but i thought itd be a bit rude to say "yeah so can i have five of my first seven weeks off to go work in the third world and BTW im leaving glasgow in september so..." anyway so they are looking for part time or weekend (and maybe full time) peeps. :p:

stay away from nursing homes on peril of death.

Oooo thanks mate :biggrin: I'll be in town for an application form tomorrow, definitely. Also applying to the M&S in Braehead... think I'd rather work in Open, much nicer shop and not as completely inaccessible from where I live.

Anyone else get a sick feeling in their stomach whenever they think about getting exam results? Us Scots get them 6 weeks on Tuesday :eek: eeeeeeeee....
oooh that means im back seven weeks today! yay. i cant believe ive got to come home and open them tho. how awful. yes i am bloody terrified. i keep kind of going along like la la la and then its hits me that the dream is nowhere near secure yet and im like :frown::frown:

m&s r a good bet as well. u get like seven quid an hour on a sunday. loads of my friends work in the one in town and in the mearns. although i imagine the one in the mearns would be rather unbearable.

OMG there was a massive spider in my bathroom *cries* i was so scared-frigging hate the middens. i couldnt stay in long enough to brush my teeth and i have the orthodontist 2moro! and my toothbursh was too near the beast for me to get it and bursh them elsewhere. :frown:
Reply 3199
Aaah the Mearns, my favourite place :wink: I was thinking of applying to the one in Milngavie but that would just be awful, I spend too much time (involuntarily) in Milngavie as it is... I hate the suburbs. Being brought up in the West End spoils you for other parts of Glasgow, I feel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending