The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

fatuous_philomath

I enjoyed the STEP integration (although I royally buggered the integration question in STEP II). Yeah, I have a 1,1 offer. As for the last part - thank you very much. lol. :smile: You're hopefully going to Peterhouse aren't you? (A friend of mine applied for Maths with an open application, and was sent to Peterhouse. He, sadly, was rejected.)

Yep, Peterhouse - sorry about your friend, its always tough.

This should definitely be my last rum I think.
fatuous_philomath
I presume you're an English student then...

Well, I promise to take it back if you can show that

12π12πcos2θ1sinθsin2αdθ=12πsec2α\large \displaystyle\int^{\frac{1}{2} \pi}_{-\frac{1}{2} \pi} \frac{\cos^2 \theta}{1-\sin \theta \sin 2\alpha} \, \textrm{d}\theta \, = \, \frac{1}{2} \pi \sec^2 \alpha (where 0<α<14π\large 0 \, < \, \alpha \,< \, \frac{1}{4} \pi )

(excuse the poor rendering of the TeX; it doesn't seem to like squaring things. It should be cos2theta, and similarly with the sec.)

.)

:smile:
1. I am hoping to be an SPS student
2. As if im even going to ettempt that ( i mean i did Alevel maths...but tomorow il see just how badly!)
3. 'Take.it.back' was for saying everyone should do STEP...i wasnt claiming i can do them :p:
Reply 6002
Wanderer - Were you interviewed on Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th? I think that's when my friend was being interviewed - you may have met him (he's called Alex).

Anyway, I have some badminton to play. I shall return in slightly over an hour, if you're still here (and sober...).
.......ok random message.
tctc wants to say :
'I would be disspointed in them (all you people on tsr) not being patriotic, even the scots'
You all can interpret it as you like.... im just the messenger:p:
fatuous_philomath
Wanderer - Were you interviewed on Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th? I think that's when my friend was being interviewed - you may have met him (he's called Alex).

Anyway, I have some badminton to play. I shall return in slightly over an hour, if you're still here (and sober...).

I'm not sure, but I think that was it, it was a Monday and Tuesday anyway. The only maths applicant I met was Russian-born, didn't get his name, is that him?
Reply 6005
fatuous_philomath
I presume you're an English student then...

Well, I promise to take it back if you can show that

12π12πcos2θ1sinθsin2αdθ=12πsec2α\large \displaystyle\int^{\frac{1}{2} \pi}_{-\frac{1}{2} \pi} \frac{\cos^2 \theta}{1-\sin \theta \sin 2\alpha} \, \textrm{d}\theta \, = \, \frac{1}{2} \pi \sec^2 \alpha (where 0<α<14π\large 0 \, < \, \alpha \,< \, \frac{1}{4} \pi )

(excuse the poor rendering of the TeX; it doesn't seem to like squaring things. It should be cos2theta, and similarly with the sec.)

:mad: I still can't show that.
Reply 6006
**noooni**
.......ok random message.
tctc wants to say :
'I would be disspointed in them (all you people on tsr) not being patriotic, even the scots'
You all can interpret it as you like.... im just the messenger:p:

I agree, everyone should be wathing the match!
rpotter
I agree, everyone should be wathing the match!

What match?

On football, did anyone watch the under-19s UEFA cup final a while back? We put up one hell of a fight! And apparently it means we automatically qualify for the under-20s world cup - take that, England!

Its taking me an age to type anything coherent and my vision is wobbling. Oh dear.
I am watching the match... and i'm on the internet...

It is possible to do two things are once
my mum is now trying to order me a college scarf and a gown...

I'm scared...

1) because there are still 12 hours and a bit to go, and
2) I'm not starting till october 2007
Woo, gowns!

*Is a bit drunk*
Reply 6011
Don't get gowns now, you'll be able to get them cheaper when you turn up on the day
CamSPSer
Don't get gowns now, you'll be able to get them cheaper when you turn up on the day

Getting a gown now would be a bit stupid. What would I do if I didn't get in, wear it at Nottingham going "I applied to Cambridge and failed, you inferior sub-humans"?
wanderer
What would I do if I didn't get in, wear it at Nottingham going "I applied to Cambridge and failed, you inferior sub-humans"?

I was joking with my friend about wearing a Palpatine style hooded robe and scowling in the corner at Edinburgh if don't get in. Which is looking more and more likely...
crazynutter
I am watching the match... and i'm on the internet...

It is possible to do two things are once

yeah same...
Now im on teh internet and watching dvds....
actualy i get bored only doing one thing at one time:redface:
wanderer
Getting a gown now would be a bit stupid. What would I do if I didn't get in, wear it at Nottingham going "I applied to Cambridge and failed, you inferior sub-humans"?

Well thats my plan:wink:
**noooni**
Well thats my plan:wink:

Its a life, I suppose. Where's your insurance?
..Nottingham :smile:

Other than a few 'pick us' letters i havnt heard much of them.
**noooni**
..Nottingham :smile:

Other than a few 'pick us' letters i havnt heard much of them.

Thought so, was just checking in case I misinterpreted! No, it seems we have to scramble for accommodation if we end up there, since my friend who has them as firm has it all sorted. But at least if we both miss we can be bitter together! :wink:
wanderer
Thought so, was just checking in case I misinterpreted! No, it seems we have to scramble for accommodation if we end up there, since my friend who has them as firm has it all sorted. But at least if we both miss we can be bitter together! :wink:

woo! Finaly someone to be bitter with! :p:

Does Nottingham have a scarf? Its all about the scarf...:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending