The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7660
Happy birthday crazynutter! :biggrin:
Every day I get up, go on Digg to read some stories and watch a few video clips. When I'm done, I slowly edge away from the computer and mutter to myself "Holy ****!! this world is totally ****ed up". The Americans are training their own "God Worriors" in Jesus Camp. :s: This world is crazy... This world is crazy.
3 things in life that are certain:

Death
Taxes
The overwhelming stupidity of people.
Gravastar
3 things in life that are certain:

Death
Taxes
The overwhelming stupidity of people.

Taxes can be avoided by living in a well chosen country.

Sadly, one cannot avoid death or stupid people.
you can avoid deaf people quite easily though....just be really really quiet.
Reply 7665
JohnStuartMill
you can avoid deaf people quite easily though....just be really really quiet.

Surely that's blind people :confused: :cool:
True - with deaf people you'd have to be really really invisible. Hello one and all. I have posted here a couple of times before, but I'm not sure I actually got round to introducing myself, so for those that don't know I'll be doing philosophy at Catz.
Hello, our confusingly-named friend.
Woo, I'm typing this from my shiny new laptop! And I actually got the wirelessness to work, which is a bit of a miracle with our normal PC!
Reply 7669
thank god for modern technology! although if i had things my way, we wouldve stopped inventing things after sliced bread burst onto the scene
Reply 7670
so you're all for ****ting in a hole, Tariq? Nice.
I thought the flushing toilet was invented before sliced bread?
...Endage.
Muha! I am typing on a 5 year old iBook! :biggrin:
swntzu
Muha! I am typing on a 5 year old iBook! :biggrin:

Time to upgrade to the new MacBook Pro then?

I would buy a new intel macbook if only I had the money... (and if apple guarantees that I can run all my windows app without glitch).
My 20" Intel iMac should be arriving this week :wink: (decided against a Macbook as I don't desperately need the portability).

And Camford: it will run it as glitchlessly as a normal Windows PC (i.e. not very :smile: ).
Urgh, Apple...not even friendlyneutron likes them...
Camford
Time to upgrade to the new MacBook Pro then?

I would buy a new intel macbook if only I had the money... (and if apple guarantees that I can run all my windows app without glitch).

Yeah. I'm thinking about going for the MBP over the MacBook as I have the money from the bursary and loan. I'll be using it for 4 years too!

Bootcamp has problems and I haven't tried it myself, but from what I have heard, it's pretty good for general use, including games.

Btw, Camford, I know you're a bit of a legend on TSR. I don't know your college or course. If it would be ok, I would like to know. Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 7678
since we're talking about laptops, I'm typing this from my new laptop. arrived today, does everything i want it to. even surprised me with a fingerprint scanner :eek:!
Big Y
since we're talking about laptops, I'm typing this from my new laptop. arrived today, does everything i want it to. even surprised me with a fingerprint scanner :eek:!

Specs! You need to post the specs of the bad boy!

I have an iBook G3 SE with 366MHz PPC processor, 320Mb of PC133 SDRAM, a 10Gb HDD and a 12.1 inch 800 by 600 TFT monitor.

What a beast! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending