The Student Room Group

Successful Cambridge Applicants Chat - 2006

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
You can always make vodka jelly instead!

Did you all have a good bank holiday weekend? Mine was ruined by microbiology revision :frown:
Reply 1881
JohnStuartMill
Would have to get the freezer pretty damn cold, alcohol freezes below 0 no? I am sure I have kept bottles of vodka in freezers to keep them nice and chilly and not had them freeze.

Vodka should ALWAYS be kept in the freezer. If only to counteract the burn when you take a shot. Everytime I have friends round I have to make space in the freezer for everyone's own half bottle of Glen's. :rolleyes:

Oo Liz you did EYP? I probably encountered you there :smile: We never won, mainly because we spent a lot of the time laughing at other teams.. and this year a friend of mine managed to swear during his French speech. Classic.
Loocy
Nup, I'm the non-uniformed school that starts with Hynd and ends in Land. :smile: Cryptic, eh?
Nah this guy would have transferred at the start of fifth year, initals JS. He might not have applied for med in the end though.

Ooh, I know who you mean...I think he applied for med but didn't get any offers, think he's reapplying next year.
(friendlyneutron was not, I'm afraid, at good ol' HSOG till the start of this year. I, on the other hand, have never been anywhere else...)

*wonders if he can get his dad to appropriate some dry ice and we can test this vodka ice-cubeness...*
Duke Flipside
*wonders if he can get his dad to appropriate some dry ice and we can test this vodka ice-cubeness...*

I went to a physics thing in Antwerp and the school physics genius had made a cloud chamber (or bubble chamber? always get mixed up!) with dry ice specially for the occassion. :confused: Was cool but a bit strange...
sarahliz12345
I went to a physics thing in Antwerp and the school physics genius had made a cloud chamber (or bubble chamber? always get mixed up!) with dry ice specially for the occassion. :confused: Was cool but a bit strange...

Cloud chambers use Solid CO2 aka dry ice.

Bubble chambers are to tricky to set up for a school.(ie need liquid H2---needs to be very cold!)

Im guessing If you put solid vodka in your mouth it would probably stick to your tongue and give you a bit of a cold burn, but it depends on Acl%.
*feels lost and shuffles off somewhere where she can at least attempt to join in conversation. :p:
Reply 1886
Lol, just splurt something random out and change the direction of the convo.

On this note, Im now 18!!!! Woooo I can drink legally!!
rpotter
Lol, just splurt something random out and change the direction of the convo.

On this note, Im now 18!!!! Woooo I can drink legally!!

OOOOO! i SHARE YOUR JOY! I turned 18 this friday thats just gone. :biggrin:
I feel old. I'll be TWENTY by the time I come up to Cambridge. Bah.

Oooh happy birthday rpotter! Being 18 is brilliant. :biggrin:
Reply 1889
:dito: I'll be 20 as well. Ah well, at least I can watch the kids with a benign smile whilst puffing on my pipe and relaxing in my deckchair out on the lawn
Apagg
:dito: I'll be 20 as well. Ah well, at least I can watch the kids with a benign smile whilst puffing on my pipe and relaxing in my deckchair out on the lawn

Ahhh thats the life..:rolleyes:
yay! at least im not the only one, ill be almost twenty when i start. Saying that makes me feel really old - i dont want to be twenty. *goes and sulks in a corner with a lollipop to watch Dangermouse*
Reply 1892
Ill only be 17 when/if I come upto Cambridge. <sigh> :frown:
Reply 1893
Aww, don't worry, we'll make sure you get off to bed nice and early if you have a night out. We can even check under the bed for monsters, if you like :wink:
I turned 18 in november!!!!!

Just wanted to jump on the bandwagon - sad i know...will shuffle away to mountains of coursework - and revision...
I'll be 19 in my first week (if I make my offer) *scampers off back to revision*
Reply 1896
I'm not 18 yet... :frown:
Reply 1897
Well Im 18...but i look about 12 :p:

20!!!! My god you will be old (not to rub it in or anything :wink: :p: )
Some things make you feel really old. I used to see a teacher from primary school walking around with his daughter in a pushchair - now she's in year 7 at my school. :frown: And a year 8 I was talking to doesn't know who Ross from Friends is!!!! :eek:
sarahliz12345
And a year 8 I was talking to doesn't know who Ross from Friends is!!!! :eek:

That could have more to do with the sad lack of culture youngsters have nowadays, rather than our sneakily increasing age :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending