The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4820
Original post by annarchy.
I told my teachers what I was doing so they could give me an appropriate mark on the register even though 1 forgot I think :L someone who was on the induction also told reception the truth and they weren't too happy with that so I think your best bet is to ring in sick. :P

Ohh okay, ill just call in sick
cheers xD
Sainsburys DVD Test Version 2
Section 1
I have another interview with sainsburys and i failed on section one the last time (customer service) where you have to list the answers from most suitable to least. Can someone help me with some from experience because more than one of the answers looked suitable to be first.

EX. A customer is struggling with her trolley. what do you do?

A: Go and help the customer
B: Ask the customer if they need help
Original post by generaldonado
Sainsburys DVD Test Version 2
Section 1
I have another interview with sainsburys and i failed on section one the last time (customer service) where you have to list the answers from most suitable to least. Can someone help me with some from experience because more than one of the answers looked suitable to be first.

EX. A customer is struggling with her trolley. what do you do?

A: Go and help the customer
B: Ask the customer if they need help

I can't remember mine, but from your example it would be B as most appropriate as the customer may not actually want your help.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4823
I have a final stage interview on Tuesday (after I passed what I thought was a disastrous phone interview!)
What can I expect from the maths test? I haven't done maths at school since 2009 so hope it's nothing too advanced!
Original post by .gina
I have a final stage interview on Tuesday (after I passed what I thought was a disastrous phone interview!)
What can I expect from the maths test? I haven't done maths at school since 2009 so hope it's nothing too advanced!

It really isn't that bad, simple maths like 'if Jenny has 5 oranges and she wants another three how many will she have' They can get slightly more complicated towards the end like calculating how much change to give people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4825
Original post by S_smith67
It really isn't that bad, simple maths like 'if Jenny has 5 oranges and she wants another three how many will she have' They can get slightly more complicated towards the end like calculating how much change to give people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh! That sounds like it should be fine then, I'm used to working out change without a till/calculator anyway so that should be fine :smile:
Could someone tell me what products are in the fresh foods department? :confused:

Like, it's not the meat counter is it? I'm assuming it's stacking shelves with packaged chicken?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4827
Transfer interview went well no maths or attention to detail questions! Got the job and start convenience training soon! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4828
Original post by Pink Boy
Could someone tell me what products are in the fresh foods department? :confused:

Like, it's not the meat counter is it? I'm assuming it's stacking shelves with packaged chicken?

It's all the fridges. So milk, butter, cheese, ready meals, fresh meats, orange juice, yogurts etc...
Reply 4829
Applying for Sainsbury's again...only vacancies they have are for checkouts. I shall never be rid of these checkouts, but I need the money. Gahh. It's not going to matter that I've had to make a new account, is it? I can't remember what email address I used for my last application. My last job was Sainsbury's, so I don't really know who specifically to put as a reference. Shall I just put "HR department"? And should I put the telephone number as their normal store number? Since they're in the same city, I'm supposing they would know who to contact. I just think it looks a bit bad for me not to know.

I hope I can get the job. Seeing as I worked there for 2 years and only left in September, it would be sort of embarrassing to be rejected...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4830
Original post by _N_
Applying for Sainsbury's again...only vacancies they have are for checkouts. I shall never be rid of these checkouts, but I need the money. Gahh. It's not going to matter that I've had to make a new account, is it? I can't remember what email address I used for my last application. My last job was Sainsbury's, so I don't really know who specifically to put as a reference. Shall I just put "HR department"? And should I put the telephone number as their normal store number? Since they're in the same city, I'm supposing they would know who to contact. I just think it looks a bit bad for me not to know.

I hope I can get the job. Seeing as I worked there for 2 years and only left in September, it would be sort of embarrassing to be rejected...

Aw, I like my job on checkouts. Probably because the staff make it a right laugh :biggrin:

Considering you only left recently have you tried ringing up the store that has the vacancies and trying that way to get a job? I don't see why you should have to interview again considering the short lapse you've not been in the company.

Excuse me if this is wrong advice and you have to reapply; just thinking it might not do any harm to ring directly.

Can you use the employee discount online?
Original post by Add!ction
Can you use the employee discount online?

Yeah I think you register your card through the mysainsburys website.

Is there still a Sunday Premium? Anyone know what it is?

Yeh its meat like mince and packaged chickens lol, yoghurts, milk, ready meals, cheese etc. basically everything in a fridge. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need a bit of help :frown:

I didn't get paid right on 28th Dec, they under paid me by 21 hours.
The next day I told myanagwr who informed HR. I was told it was a mix up as my contract changed in week 4 of that period.

HR Manager said they're paying me trough global and ill get it in 5 working days. Then on Sarurday just gone another HE employee came up to me regarding my 'wage query' and said that yes I was underpaid and that they sent it all off and they just need my store manager to authorise it, again giving me 5 workin days... I still haven't been paid.

I'm totally skint. That money is 'extra' after paying my bills. I went on a 3 day course which I had to walk to and from because I couldn't afford the bus!

Can I do anything or do I just have to wait for my money? Can I threaten to go to the Union as they aren't paying me what I've worked?
Original post by Knalchemist
I need a bit of help :frown:

I didn't get paid right on 28th Dec, they under paid me by 21 hours.
The next day I told myanagwr who informed HR. I was told it was a mix up as my contract changed in week 4 of that period.

HR Manager said they're paying me trough global and ill get it in 5 working days. Then on Sarurday just gone another HE employee came up to me regarding my 'wage query' and said that yes I was underpaid and that they sent it all off and they just need my store manager to authorise it, again giving me 5 workin days... I still haven't been paid.

I'm totally skint. That money is 'extra' after paying my bills. I went on a 3 day course which I had to walk to and from because I couldn't afford the bus!

Can I do anything or do I just have to wait for my money? Can I threaten to go to the Union as they aren't paying me what I've worked?

I think you can insist the money (from what my manager says) but I was underpaid £100 in the last pay too. I'm just hanging on in there until payday.

But yeah go and see HR direct.

How do you know what your employee number is?
Reply 4838
Original post by Add!ction
How do you know what your employee number is?

It's on your payslip.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4839
Is there still a Sunday Premium? Anyone know what it is?

No Sunday premium for new starters. Only for those on older contracts (really old- I think like 6 years ago?).

Latest

Trending

Trending