The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by elzginger
The system is very bad. It use to crash all the time when I applied, I ended up applying three times just to make sure it went through!

Anyway normally it will come up with errors and not let you proceed if they have received their limit of applicants. I believe they set a limit of applicants and then system closes that vacancy.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

This is true.

It depends on the recruiting manager - when ringing HRSS to place a vacancy, you can specify the number of candidates you want. And once X amount of applications have gone through successfully, the vacancy comes down.
Reply 5981
Original post by matt4504
So I got told off for doing overtime in another store without asking permission of my manager but why do I need to?

I work my contracted hours at my store and usually a few more (around 4).

It did piss me off a bit as I'm not a store's property.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sticky situation to be in.

Whilst you don't strictly need permission to do overtime at another store/department, you should make your line managers aware out of courtesy, and so they know to process your hours properly. Some stores/departments are working on the edge when it comes to their labour budget and their worked hours target, if you work at another store and your pay doesn't get processed and transferred to said store in the same, right week, it affects your base store's labour budgets/hours.
Original post by bubelah
Sticky situation to be in.

Whilst you don't strictly need permission to do overtime at another store/department, you should make your line managers aware out of courtesy, and so they know to process your hours properly. Some stores/departments are working on the edge when it comes to their labour budget and their worked hours target, if you work at another store and your pay doesn't get processed and transferred to said store in the same, right week, it affects your base store's labour budgets/hours.

Yeah I understand that but in fairness my store was processing all the overtime anyway as I couldn't clock in at my old store.

Either way I'm basically banned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5983
Yeah I understand that but in fairness my store was processing all the overtime anyway as I couldn't clock in at my old store.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As you stated earlier, your store doesn't "own" you - you cannot be banned from doing overtime at another store, providing it doesn't interfere with your contractual obligations.

Tell your manager to run, and jump off a cliff!
Probably been asked before but what is induction day(s) like? What should i wear? Many thanks.
Original post by bubelah
As you stated earlier, your store doesn't "own" you - you cannot be banned from doing overtime at another store, providing it doesn't interfere with your contractual obligations.

Tell your manager to run, and jump off a cliff!

Yeah I know I know - I think it will get to that in the end or I'll complain about her to HR :-|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5986
Original post by rockielayta
Managers are totally fine with it so long as you have someone else to work it and you work for them. I've done a few, mostly because of the way the holiday systems works, so after most holiday weeks i've swapped my Sunday shift out and they've never complained, just ask! :smile:

Thanks, I'll ask and see what they say :smile:
Reply 5987
Original post by Dreamweaver
Probably been asked before but what is induction day(s) like? What should i wear? Many thanks.

Just smart clothing, essentially the same as what you wore to your interview. Black trousers and a black top with cardigan/shirt :smile:

Reply 5988

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't you still clock in at the store you are working at using your contracted stores login?
Original post by mug51
don't you still clock in at the store you are working at using your contracted stores login?

I can't clock in as I work at a local and my number isn't on their system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5990
there is a way to clock in, although you need to get the info from HR. I overheard that there is a button on the clock in machine you press.
Reply 5991
Need help ... I'm only on a 12 hour contract, and one of my contracted days is Friday, 1-9pm. When this weeks schedule for my department was put up, my Friday shift was crossed out I was down to work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday instead, all 8 hr shifts. I'm rarely down to work Fridays - even tho it's in my contract, they normally cross it out and give me shifts in the week instead. The schedule has been up for 3 weeks now, and I checked it yesterday and it said I'm still off on Friday. Anyway, I goes into work today, and now it says I'm in 1-9 on the Friday. Arggggh. It's said for 3 weeks that I'm off, and now, 4 days before it says I'm in. Normally, I wouldn't be bothered, but I (stupidly) spent £40 on a gig ticket a few days ago.. the gig's on Friday. Will I have to work seeing as it's my contract day, or can I just say, I can't, it said I was off so I made plans (doubt that!) I'm guttttted :frown:
Reply 5992
Original post by LeahT
Need help ... I'm only on a 12 hour contract, and one of my contracted days is Friday, 1-9pm. When this weeks schedule for my department was put up, my Friday shift was crossed out I was down to work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday instead, all 8 hr shifts. I'm rarely down to work Fridays - even tho it's in my contract, they normally cross it out and give me shifts in the week instead. The schedule has been up for 3 weeks now, and I checked it yesterday and it said I'm still off on Friday. Anyway, I goes into work today, and now it says I'm in 1-9 on the Friday. Arggggh. It's said for 3 weeks that I'm off, and now, 4 days before it says I'm in. Normally, I wouldn't be bothered, but I (stupidly) spent £40 on a gig ticket a few days ago.. the gig's on Friday. Will I have to work seeing as it's my contract day, or can I just say, I can't, it said I was off so I made plans (doubt that!) I'm guttttted :frown:

Hm... If I'm honest I'd explain to your department manager that you had previously checked the rota and was not in to work, so you made other plans, and simply apologise that you cannot do the shift.

You are doing them a favour by not kicking up a fuss about them always changing your hours to suit them, so it should work both ways.

Original post by mug51
there is a way to clock in, although you need to get the info from HR. I overheard that there is a button on the clock in machine you press.

Well that's fair enough. I saw the HR admin lady and she wrote down my shifts and e-mailed my store but she probably wasn't sure about the punching in either.

Oh well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Passed a team leader assessment, does anyone know what happens? Apparently we may have to move store for our training and what is involved in the training and anyone know how long you are training for?

Thanks!
Reply 5995
Tried to sign up to my sainsburys, but I don't know my employee number. Must be different to the one given to me on my temporary contract form now I'm permanent?
Reply 5996
Original post by dhr90
Tried to sign up to my sainsburys, but I don't know my employee number. Must be different to the one given to me on my temporary contract form now I'm permanent?

Will be on your pay slip ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5997
Original post by Ryan17.
Will be on your pay slip ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

That number is invalid apparently :confused:
How long do you have to work at Sainsburys to be entitled to holidays? I need two days off in June but I'm not sure how to go about asking for them.
Ok, I got a text today offering me a phone interview for a job I applied for at Sainburys.

What should I expect? It asks me to call them on the given number, but does the interview take place there and then or is this just to arrange a time for them to call me for an interview? If it's the latter then do I just have to wait around my phone at the time we arranged for it to ring? :|

I assume it's all the usual questions they are going to ask, but anything specific?

Also, if I'm successful in that, what happens next? Do I get another store interview and then induction or have to go through more assessments?

Latest

Trending

Trending