The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robo donkey
HSBC definitely do, I'm unsure about the other though, if you can't see it they might be with regular student accounts though, I couldn't see them at first on HSBC

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/current-accounts/student-bank-account?HBEU_dyn_lnk=EveryDayBanking_StudentsGraduates_StudentBankAcc_Link

I dont trust HSBC so no way would i touch them with a bargepole after the hassle i've had with them! I'm going to ring my bank tomorrow and see if i can change my graduate account to a postgrad one :smile:
Reply 601
Hiya I'm starting at Wolvo this year doing a General Primary PGCE..... if anyone else is then add me please on here and facebook :smile: http://www.facebook.com/sarah.freeman.7355 xx
Just accepted an offer from the Institute of Education to do a Maths PGCE :smile:
Original post by tbmanu4life
Haha must admit the maths test was my strong suit but do remember a lot of people being nervous about it! I did a year partnership scheme in my lower sixth year at school but hadnt been able to do any more since (about 4 years or so but obviously was at uni for the most part!) Yh will be moving from stevenage, hertfordshire to leeds but only just looking at uni accomodation? Are u going private accomodation then?

Hey

Are you all ready to start? I'm moving up to Leeds on the weekend. I finished work early to have a few weeks to settle in. I'm nervous but really excited. Did you find somewhere to live? I got a house with my partner in Chapel Allerton.
Reply 604
Hey is your PGCE course at the University of Leeds or the Leeds Met?
Original post by Deemi
Hey is your PGCE course at the University of Leeds or the Leeds Met?

Hey

My course is at the University Of Leeds and i'm doing lower primary. Which uni are you at?
Reply 606
hi,
i graduated almost 2 years ago and now starting my pgce in sept at bradford coll assosi of leeds met
I have a place at University of Bedfordshire, primary pgce with community languages starting in September. Can't wait!
Reply 608
Anyone doing PGCE at Roehampton in September? Staying in halls?

If staying in halls, feel free to join this Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/467992833218986/

There are individual PGCE groups as well:
FS / KS1
http://www.facebook.com/groups/320738151296495/

KS2
http://www.facebook.com/groups/328216780542087/
Reply 609
yes same here, i cant wait to start, will you be working part time whilst carrying forward your PGCE studies? i have a full time job at the moment just wondering if it is worth keeping it flexible part time evening hours?
Original post by Deemi
yes same here, i cant wait to start, will you be working part time whilst carrying forward your PGCE studies? i have a full time job at the moment just wondering if it is worth keeping it flexible part time evening hours?

I think you might struggle.

Our university days were 9am - 5pm, with some 'homework' tasks, readings and assignments to do in your spare time.
Placement days varied, but at my school it was 7am - 5pm [most teachers were in for 6am eck] and then I'd have a couple of hours of stuff to do at home. Eg, Big Write marking or resource making [which always seems to take longer than you'd imagine].

A few of my friends on the course worked 1 day a week. They managed obviously, but they said it was difficult and knackering during placements... I think working one day at the weekend might be easier than working in the evenings though, especially on placement as you'll have so much that must be done for the next day. :redface:
Reply 611
that is what the course leader advised me...but i know a couple of people who did the PGCE and worked part time evening hours so i thought id question it but i am most likely going to leave as the PGCE is my priority... thank you for your help and support, how did the PGCE go??? graduated yet? :smile:
Reply 612
i guess we are all excited and ready to face the challanges ahead... i have 3 assignments thorughout the PGCE year, anyone else with 3 or is it just the 2 for everyone else?
Think I also have the 3 assignments at UEA
Reply 614
are you studying the Primary or Secondary PGCE at UEA
Secondary geography my good man, already have a 6 question assignment to do before the course even starts, each one 5/600 words, so I'm already in the working spirit :biggrin:
Reply 616
wish you the best with that mate, i was wondering why i have not yet received anything to do prior to starting as of the 03-09-2012, usually information would be distributed and anything that needs to be filled in etc should be with me by now and if i have any assignments or anything further to do that should have also been with me by now hummm:s-smilie: ... any advice apart from contact the University... lol
Not much else you can do, just get in touch with the faculty of education or something and ask if you should have received anything by now as you already haven't as of today, just include your full name and stuff too I guess to make it easier for them to find you in the records. Hope you hear back asap! :biggrin:
Reply 618
top of the morning to ya mate, will do that, in fact i will give the school of education a call on my lunch break, i leave work next week, as i hear it will become too much if i work part time whilst studying the PGCE course... do you have a job and if so will you continue to work part time?
Nah I've been struggling to find any work recently so I'm not even going to try while doing the PGCE, all my time shall be dedicated to that and very little else. I'm living at home though so I won't be spending anything on rent really, aside from a minimal amount to my parents

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending