The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i am applying to go to Boddington or Clarence Dock. They both look really nice :biggrin:
Reply 2
Reply 3

HEy! those were the two that i was considerin aswel! u know when it says that they have internet access is that in each room or a computer cluster?! what are u applying for?
xx
Reply 4
britney
HEy! those were the two that i was considerin aswel! u know when it says that they have internet access is that in each room or a computer cluster?! what are u applying for?
xx

i think it's in each room coz some of the other accommodation says there is a cluster.
i've applied to do cinema, photography and tv studies (offer BBB) :biggrin:
Reply 5
I know some people who are at Leeds uni, atm. Where do you want to be in Leeds? - close to the city center or further out?
Reply 6
I want to be pretty close to the city centre and campus a bus ride is ok! im kinda of lazy :P so would like to be able to sleep in quite late but still get to 9 o'clock lectures on time. Ne1 know when we have to apply for accommodation?
Reply 7
britney
I want to be pretty close to the city centre and campus a bus ride is ok! im kinda of lazy :P so would like to be able to sleep in quite late but still get to 9 o'clock lectures on time. Ne1 know when we have to apply for accommodation?

think you can start applying on the 31st march
Reply 8
britney
. Ne1 know when we have to apply for accommodation?

As soon as possible after receiving the accomdation letter you get sent. (not sure when that'll be though!)
Reply 9
my brother was in Tetley Halls last year- they are so nice. The majority of the accomadation there is made up of these huge Victorian houses and they are just gorgeous... it looks a bit grotty, and it is quite far out from the uni, but i reckon they are the nicest halls. Boddington are ok, but they are even further out.

i was in leeds today- it's a really nice place.

lou xxx
Reply 10
lou p
my brother was in Tetley Halls last year- they are so nice. The majority of the accomadation there is made up of these huge Victorian houses and they are just gorgeous... it looks a bit grotty, and it is quite far out from the uni, but i reckon they are the nicest halls. Boddington are ok, but they are even further out.

i was in leeds today- it's a really nice place.

lou xxx

I've stayed in Tetley Halls, and I agree, they are really nice. They are a fair distance from the city centre, but right on the main bus route so it doesn't take long to get into the uni. They aren't too big either, - I think i'd be a bit overwhelmed by Boddington.
Reply 11
Having lived in Leeds pretty much next to Boddington Hall, the bus service takes about 30 minutes to get to Leeds uni and 40 to get to town in the rush hour and 20 to the uni and 25 to town outside of it. Knock 5 mins off for Oxley Hall. For Tetley Hall, probably about the same time for the bus routes, although it's closer to the pubs in Headingley.
Reply 12
britney
hey everyone, i just recieved an offer from Leeds uni to study dentistry at leeds and i was wondering what is the best student halls to stay in? Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone from leeds uni here or does anyone know anyone from leeds uni? PLEASE HELP!
xx
:confused: :rolleyes:

Go to Clarance Dock! Its really nice and is probably as close to the university as the other halls (definately closer than Bod!) but has the advantage of being much nearer to the city centre (its on the other side of the city to most of the other halls).

I'm at Leeds at the minute, and as I've said to many other people, I'm happy to answer any questions if you PM me. x.
Reply 13
ditzy blonde
Go to Clarance Dock! Its really nice and is probably as close to the university as the other halls (definately closer than Bod!) but has the advantage of being much nearer to the city centre (its on the other side of the city to most of the other halls).

I'm at Leeds at the minute, and as I've said to many other people, I'm happy to answer any questions if you PM me. x.

PM = Private messaging. Just click on 'ditzy blonde' to the left, and choose to 'send a private message'.
Reply 14
Bhaal85
PM = Private messaging. Just click on 'ditzy blonde' to the left, and choose to 'send a private message'.

Is there a post missing before this one? It just seemed a really random place to explain PM's!" x.
Reply 15
ditzy blonde
Is there a post missing before this one? It just seemed a really random place to explain PM's!" x.

Well you said:

Therefore the original poster whom only has like 15 posts, may not be aware of the function, hence the explanation.
Reply 16
Bhaal85
Well you said:

Therefore the original poster whom only has like 15 posts, may not be aware of the function, hence the explanation.

Thats really considerate! I was just being a bit dumb!
Reply 17
ditzy blonde
Thats really considerate! I was just being a bit dumb!

All is forgiven. :wink:
Reply 18
Bhaal85
All is forgiven. :wink:

Thanks, as you can tell by my user name, I have moments of general stupidity which I put down to my hair colour! :biggrin:
Reply 19
Also this newbie is unaware of a magical little thing called the "University subforum".

I've said it before and I'll say it again: they should make you pass a test before allowing you online.

Latest

Trending

Trending