The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Lonsdale. Furness as second choice though.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks any reason at all?
Because it's party central, and there's everything happening in it anyways! There's a shop very nearby and it's nice to have your block separate from your lectures etc. Gets some space between work and partying.
Reply 4
Thanks again didn't know there was a shop nearby i thought the nearest ones were in the centre!
Nah there's a shop in pendle, less than 5 mins away. Also there's cartmell coffee shop for lunch. Very handy.

Oh and I'm here, which is a great reason to come lol
Reply 6
I thought County was the party college and the most lively and loud?

I am only considering Lonsdale as my first choice since it has the best accomodation and most,hottest girls:smile:

Colleges I'm looking into are lonsdale,furness,county. Maybe Fylde cause I'm very sportyish.

Damn I need to visit the place sometime so I can make up my mind.
County is lively but I think Lonsdale is more so. They both have nice new bars though.
Reply 8
Carolinedoodle
County is lively but I think Lonsdale is more so. They both have nice new bars though.

taken. Lonsdale will be 1st choice. What do you recommend as 2nd and 3rd choice? I don't know if I should put county or furness as my 2nd choice. Pedndle seems fun too but accomodation is not that good.
Reply 9
Which is the most musical college?! With bands etc in, or fairly mixed?
richyw
Which is the most musical college?! With bands etc in, or fairly mixed?

Ooooh, good question. I promised myself I'd get back into drumming at uni, that'd be useful to know :biggrin:
Reply 11
Drummerdickens
Ooooh, good question. I promised myself I'd get back into drumming at uni, that'd be useful to know :biggrin:

Yeah, and I play guitar and write songs so I'd quite like to get together with some people and get a band together!
Reply 12
All this 'party' college is *****.

There are quiet folk and loud folk in every college, completely depends who you live with and make friends with on your course.
I know people in bands in every college, I think that's narrowing it down a bit too much.
And yeah there are different people in each one, I think the party atmosphere in Lonsdale/County is down to the more upbeat bars they have.
It's up to you how you act and what you get up to once you're here really.
Reply 14
Grizedale Bar is one of the most 'old man pubs' on campus but its still pretty dodgy on a weekend and some week nights.

I went into County on a sat night on a dnb night and it was very tame.
From my experience Lonsdale people seem pretty well off and proud of that fact. Also all the partying down there ive experienced has been with a load of smug folk you know like RnB n funky house type crowds and all this nonsense rock of the moment.
Reply 16
lol. loads of my housemates have caught 'RnB' since they have been here (it's a disease by the way! :wink: ). but all my mates prefer good music and we live in Lonsdale! i got stuck in the lounge the other day until 3am! it was the worst experience of my life. i just refuse to have fun to that music!
Silly Muppet
From my experience Lonsdale people seem pretty well off and proud of that fact. Also all the partying down there ive experienced has been with a load of smug folk you know like RnB n funky house type crowds and all this nonsense rock of the moment.

I'm in Lonsdale and none of my flatmates are smug or like **** music.
Reply 18
Carolinedoodle
I'm in Lonsdale and none of my flatmates are smug or like **** music.

Well I certainly don't. I hate the music in Lonsdale bar.
Yup, ditto! I still go though, because it's convenient for us.

Latest

Trending

Trending