The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Med college/accommodation recommendations?

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask what colleges and accommodations people recommend applying for if studying medicine. I know the Health Innovation One building is a trek from a lot of the colleges so I am just wondering what colleges people have enjoyed but also felt are compatible with the Medicine Course?

I'm interested in County at the moment but would love to hear any recommendations from those already attending the university.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by ashaz_024
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask what colleges and accommodations people recommend applying for if studying medicine. I know the Health Innovation One building is a trek from a lot of the colleges so I am just wondering what colleges people have enjoyed but also felt are compatible with the Medicine Course?

I'm interested in County at the moment but would love to hear any recommendations from those already attending the university.

Thanks!

My daughter was in a grizedale townhouse for 1st year and one of her flatmates was studying medicine and did not find it a problem. She had a mix of students in her flat. She studies physics, but there was people studying business, languages, natural sciences and computer science.
Going by google maps you have Grizedale to health and innovation campus its 17mins walk. Likewise with Pendle (standard accommodation as ensuite is futher away)
Furness residences is 16 mins.
Bowland College is 12-13 mins depending on which block you are in ie bowland tower, bowland annexe.
County is 13 mins if you talk into consideration county main, but closer if you have the townhouses. But this is if you go down the pathway where northwest drive meets north drive. If you go via the road route near the chaplaincy its 15 mins from county main.

If you want the closest, then county/bowland are your options, but if you dont mind the walk then any thats on main campus is fine.

PS just to add its only for 1 year unless you stay on campus for 2nd year. if you live in the city then the bus stops outside the new private halls which is a 7 mins walk to health and innovation campus.
(edited 10 months ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hi @ashaz_024
County is a good choice for med students, and possibly Bowland too.
I do know a lot of med students opt for "Bailrigg" accommodation as it is the closest accommodation to the Health Innovation Building. It way possibly have more 2nd and 3rd year students at the moment but there are loads of people who did foundation so this year they will be 1st year students too living there.
It is a new place and at a lower price too i believe. It might be worth checking out :smile:

Hope this helps.
Vyomika
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hi there,

I am a third year Mathematics and Statistics student at Lancaster University. I lived with a medic first year in Lonsdale which is about the furthest away that you can get from the Health Innovation campus but he really enjoyed having the long walk to wake him up in the mornings and then switch off in the evenings. I think one of the main things you need to weigh up is if you want to be closer to the campus or if there is a particular room type that you would want to prioritise as county has a lot of townhouses.

- Amy (Lancaster Student Ambassador) :smile:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hi @ashaz_024

For medicine at health innovation campus a college in North campus would be closest, so County or Bowland colleges could be good bets.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

- Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending