The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I looked at a calender today and was shocked at how quickly it's come around! Just want to know what I've got now. :frown:
I am dreading it :frown: I didn't do that well. I did SCLY4 and BUSS3
Reply 782
Kind of become kind of apathetic about it all. I might drop out and come back next year or something.

EMZ.
Original post by Jin3011
Are the boundaries available now? Always thought it was a day before exams.

these are the boundaries from last year but my maths teacher said that they do not change by more than 1-3 marks each year
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_56047_admin_unit_level_raw_mark.pdf
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh dear it's quite soon now..
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Ey where did you see this? On the website they dont have any raw mark grade boundaries.

they do: http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_56047_admin_unit_level_raw_mark.pdf my maths teacher said that the boundaries do not change by more than 1-3 marks each year
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
I'm always just normal when I get my results.

Exactly this. The most laid back person at my College.
Reply 787
Original post by lmartynofficial
these are the boundaries from last year but my maths teacher said that they do not change by more than 1-3 marks each year
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_56047_admin_unit_level_raw_mark.pdf

As a general rule, they may not change by much, but it depends entirely on the difficulty of each exam; can sometimes me a 7+ mark difference.
Reply 788
Waiting for results from C1, C3, C4, S1, D2 and Physics 4.

Good luck to everyone!
Original post by Jin3011
As a general rule, they may not change by much, but it depends entirely on the difficulty of each exam; can sometimes me a 7+ mark difference.

I'm with WJEC for Math. The grade boundaries dropped by around 5-7 marks for a C1 paper set last year because of the unusual nature of the paper meaning many students across the country sitting the exam that rely mostly on rote learning weren't able to apply any knowledge to something different than what they were expecting under exam conditions.
Reply 790
Original post by Tullia
I'm with WJEC for Math. The grade boundaries dropped by around 5-7 marks for a C1 paper set last year because of the unusual nature of the paper meaning many students across the country sitting the exam that rely mostly on rote learning weren't able to apply any knowledge to something different than what they were expecting under exam conditions.

:smile:Yep, exactly my point.
Wish you the best in your results!
Oh god. Seeing this thread has made me re-evaluate how close results day is..
18 days to go :frown:
just got to think guys,
after resultsday it's only 4 days till the Leeds lineup is announced!:')
I swear I just have someone following me round negging me, how was this post neg worth at all?
(edited 12 years ago)
If your on edexcel, you can get a taste of what grade you got as the QPs and MSs are available.
Original post by Jukeboxing
If your on edexcel, you can get a taste of what grade you got as the QPs and MSs are available.

ooo jealous D:
Reply 796
Original post by GreenLantern1
You have to count the 8th otherwise you are saying that it is 18 days till the 7th. Trust me it is 19 days; don't worry simple mistake

BUN ME! at least i aint waiting for a maths result haha!
Original post by ikz94
BUN ME! at least i aint waiting for a maths result haha!

Ahahah yh true thing:colone:
Reply 798
Original post by Alex Bampton
60 UMS is 20% of AS which is 2 grades so every mark counts. 89% is very credible, you can concentrate on the A2 exams for the A* knowing that it would take some doing for you to drop to a B average wise.

That sounds quite horrific ha-ha, I shall stay away from that one when it comes to it!

Other past spec sites are quite a good call actually.

I will be thanks for that, I think it is quite important to relate it to the "sensors function" in mine but I will certainly be looking for lots of improvements :biggrin: (With some BS for good measure ;-) )

Hi there,
I am really worried for my A2 Physics coursework,
Cld u please HELP Me please, seeimg we both do same OCR A Exam Board.
Thanks x :-)
Reply 799
Original post by Contrad!ction.
I'm crap at practicals :tongue: Thanks, although generally courseworks aren't really that high on UMS. I got 77/90 on the 1st exam, 131/150 on the second (panicked though) and 60/60 on the coursework => 268/300, or 89%. My head of 6th (also my physics teacher) predicted me an A* - hopefully I'll get there. LESS PANICKING NEEDED!

It is. I'm having to guess at errors in CERN's experiment, but at the moment I don't know exactly how they did the experiment because I'm struggling to find a decent citeable source on synchrotrons. Gah.

The mark scheme's handy. Look at the OCR site - mark schemes are on there. Or other past paper sites (will be useful for getting old spec papers for G491/2/4/5 revision). Yeah, good luck with it :smile: Make sure you mention loads of improvements on each experiments and be critical of each error - on the last test, perhaps you could mention how it could be done in a lab setting with better equipment. Like with mine, I would have done it over a much larger distance with much more precise distance measurements, and would have used something to ensure all my equipment was parallel.

No probs :biggrin:

Hi there,
I am really worried for A2 Physics coursework coming up soon,
CLD u plzzz, HELP ME on doing them, seeming we both do OCR A Physics.
Thanks x :-)

Quick Reply

Latest