The Student Room Group

How much is expected of someone to get a 2:1 in Law ?

In terms of hours per day or week ?
Is there time for a decent social life ?

I have no problem with the prospect of working hard, I just don't like the thought of feeling I'm spending every waking minute slaving away to get this degree.

Do you have to have a certain natural ability to do well in Law, or do you just need a good work ethic and reasonably good memory ?

Thanks.
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by Like a BAWS
In terms of hours per day or week ?
Is there time for a decent social life ?

I have no problem with the prospect of working hard, I just don't like the thought of feeling I'm spending every waking minute slaving away to get this degree.

Do you have to have a certain natural ability to do well in Law, or do you just need a good work ethic and reasonably good memory ?

Thanks.

I would say that you do need a certain natural ability, and some people do have to work a lot harder than others. Honestly, I could probably have done a hell of a lot more work and I know people who seemed to spend all their time working and got 2.2s. You will need a reasonably good memory, but you need to be able to understand what the exam questions are asking you and how to tick the boxes; if you can't arrange your thoughts properly then it doesn't really matter how much you know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending