Sorro10
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey thought I'd make a thread for the MAY 2012 AQA BIOLOGY UNIT 2 (BIOL2) exam in a couple of months.
Feel free to share notes/tips/materials/questions and thoughts on the exam.

DATE OF EXAM: 21 May 2012 - 1hr 45 mins - PM

DAYS TO EXAM: 19
(May be out of date upto ~ 1 week)
hannah1994
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
wow thats early! have you started revising? at our school we've only done mitosis, dna replication and gas exchange! so stressed!
CupcakeFaerie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm retaking this :P Haven't looked over the stuff since last summer ^^ One question - do we need to know anything from Unit 1 to help us answer any of the questions? Sorry I haven't looked over this for a while and really can't remember xD
eawilliams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Already? , I think 'll start revising too, I'm also doing unit 1 in may!( for the first time)
CupcakeFaerie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by eawilliams)
Already? , I think 'll start revising too, I'm also doing unit 1 in may!( for the first time)
Sorry, but how can you be doing Unit 1 for the first time?
wasia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
anyone know any good revision methods??? This probably sounds stupid but i actually dont know hw to revise :/
CupcakeFaerie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by wasia)
anyone know any good revision methods??? This probably sounds stupid but i actually dont know hw to revise :/
Get a revision guide Do practice questions and exam papers. Mind maps...writing notes again on flash cards..
That's how I revise anyway
Also - little and often. Don't try and do it all in one go, my attention span is about 1-2 hours then I lose focus So go off and do something such as have a cup of tea/coffee then come back to it

I'm more of a visual learner too, so I learn a lot from diagrams as find I can remember them easier. Also bullet points are more helpful than a chunk of a paragraph
wasia
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
thanks
Cath-ay
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm an A2 student who might be resitting this... better start rewriting notes and doing past papers!
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A2 student retaking this, along with AQA CHEM2.

So I have BIOL2, BIOL5, CHEM2, CHEM5 to revise for.

FML.
Pogiberto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thegodofgod)
A2 student retaking this, along with AQA CHEM2.

So I have BIOL2, BIOL5, CHEM2, CHEM5 to revise for.

FML.
Cheer up, Im in the same boat as yu. Biol2, Biol 4 and Biol 5 along with CHEM4 and CHEM5
thegodofgod
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Pogiberto)
Cheer up, Im in the same boat as yu. Biol2, Biol 4 and Biol 5 along with CHEM4 and CHEM5
Ouch - I really wanted to retake CHEM4, but my 2 chem teachers + the head of dept. said it'd be easier to harvest the UMS from CHEM2 :rant:

Now there's practically no chance of my getting an A* in CHEM (I need 174/180 UMS from CHEM5 and CHEM6 to meet the 270/300 requirement)
When you see it...
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CupcakeFaerie)
Sorry, but how can you be doing Unit 1 for the first time?
Not all schools do it in January.
Pogiberto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ouch - I really wanted to retake CHEM4, but my 2 chem teachers + the head of dept. said it'd be easier to harvest the UMS from CHEM2 :rant:

Now there's practically no chance of my getting an A* in CHEM (I need 174/180 UMS from CHEM5 and CHEM6 to meet the 270/300 requirement)
How hard is CHEM 4 anyway? CHEM 5 isnt that bad, I did that in Jan, but I flunked and got a B. Whoever is writing these exams cant ask straight questions lol
thegodofgod
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How hard is CHEM 4 anyway? CHEM 5 isnt that bad, I did that in Jan, but I flunked and got a B. Whoever is writing these exams cant ask straight questions lol
Chem4's pretty simple, if you're good at Organic

Just a bit of tricky stuff with Acids + Bases, and 13C + 1H N.M.R. spectra.
Pogiberto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Chem4's pretty simple, if you're good at Organic

Just a bit of tricky stuff with Acids + Bases, and 13C + 1H N.M.R. spectra.

What about Equlibria, and that Number of Moles stuff you have to work out? Can't get my head around it at the mo
extons
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi all, I will be active on this thread! Got C3, C4, M1 (maths), Physics 2, Chemistry 2 and Bio 2 in May / June. Gonna be busy!
thegodofgod
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What about Equlibria, and that Number of Moles stuff you have to work out? Can't get my head around it at the mo
It's pretty simple - make sure to write out the number of moles intially, and at equilibrium for each of the compounds. That will be a life saver.
jamessssx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ah sick hopefully you guys can help me revise
EffKayy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Retaking this from last summer to boost my UMS up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (228)
46.72%
Take exams next summer (68)
13.93%
Change uni choice through clearing (109)
22.34%
Apply to uni next year instead (50)
10.25%
I'm not applying to university (33)
6.76%

Watched Threads