Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey thought I'd make a thread for the MAY 2012 AQA BIOLOGY UNIT 2 (BIOL2) exam in a couple of months.
    Feel free to share notes/tips/materials/questions and thoughts on the exam.

DATE OF EXAM: 21 May 2012 - 1hr 45 mins - PM

DAYS TO EXAM: 19
    (May be out of date upto ~ 1 week)

ReputationRep:
    wow thats early! have you started revising? at our school we've only done mitosis, dna replication and gas exchange! so stressed!

ReputationRep:
    I'm retaking this :P Haven't looked over the stuff since last summer ^^ One question - do we need to know anything from Unit 1 to help us answer any of the questions? Sorry I haven't looked over this for a while and really can't remember xD

ReputationRep:
    Already? , I think 'll start revising too, I'm also doing unit 1 in may!( for the first time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eawilliams)
    Already? , I think 'll start revising too, I'm also doing unit 1 in may!( for the first time)
    Sorry, but how can you be doing Unit 1 for the first time?

ReputationRep:
    anyone know any good revision methods??? This probably sounds stupid but i actually dont know hw to revise :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wasia)
    anyone know any good revision methods??? This probably sounds stupid but i actually dont know hw to revise :/
    Get a revision guide Do practice questions and exam papers. Mind maps...writing notes again on flash cards..
    That's how I revise anyway
    Also - little and often. Don't try and do it all in one go, my attention span is about 1-2 hours then I lose focus So go off and do something such as have a cup of tea/coffee then come back to it

I'm more of a visual learner too, so I learn a lot from diagrams as find I can remember them easier. Also bullet points are more helpful than a chunk of a paragraph

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm an A2 student who might be resitting this... better start rewriting notes and doing past papers!

ReputationRep:
    A2 student retaking this, along with AQA CHEM2.

So I have BIOL2, BIOL5, CHEM2, CHEM5 to revise for.

FML.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    A2 student retaking this, along with AQA CHEM2.

So I have BIOL2, BIOL5, CHEM2, CHEM5 to revise for.

FML.
    Cheer up, Im in the same boat as yu. Biol2, Biol 4 and Biol 5 along with CHEM4 and CHEM5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pogiberto)
    Cheer up, Im in the same boat as yu. Biol2, Biol 4 and Biol 5 along with CHEM4 and CHEM5
    Ouch - I really wanted to retake CHEM4, but my 2 chem teachers + the head of dept. said it'd be easier to harvest the UMS from CHEM2 :rant:

Now there's practically no chance of my getting an A* in CHEM (I need 174/180 UMS from CHEM5 and CHEM6 to meet the 270/300 requirement)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupcakeFaerie)
    Sorry, but how can you be doing Unit 1 for the first time?
    Not all schools do it in January.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch - I really wanted to retake CHEM4, but my 2 chem teachers + the head of dept. said it'd be easier to harvest the UMS from CHEM2 :rant:

Now there's practically no chance of my getting an A* in CHEM (I need 174/180 UMS from CHEM5 and CHEM6 to meet the 270/300 requirement)
    How hard is CHEM 4 anyway? CHEM 5 isnt that bad, I did that in Jan, but I flunked and got a B. Whoever is writing these exams cant ask straight questions lol

ReputationRep:
    How hard is CHEM 4 anyway? CHEM 5 isnt that bad, I did that in Jan, but I flunked and got a B. Whoever is writing these exams cant ask straight questions lol
    Chem4's pretty simple, if you're good at Organic

Just a bit of tricky stuff with Acids + Bases, and 13C + 1H N.M.R. spectra.

ReputationRep:
    Chem4's pretty simple, if you're good at Organic

Just a bit of tricky stuff with Acids + Bases, and 13C + 1H N.M.R. spectra.

What about Equlibria, and that Number of Moles stuff you have to work out? Can't get my head around it at the mo

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I will be active on this thread! Got C3, C4, M1 (maths), Physics 2, Chemistry 2 and Bio 2 in May / June. Gonna be busy!

ReputationRep:
    What about Equlibria, and that Number of Moles stuff you have to work out? Can't get my head around it at the mo
    It's pretty simple - make sure to write out the number of moles intially, and at equilibrium for each of the compounds. That will be a life saver.

ReputationRep:
    ah sick hopefully you guys can help me revise

ReputationRep:
    Retaking this from last summer to boost my UMS up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.