The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
good to see all the aber TSR peeps uniting!! also, LOLed at the Bangor student on the first page. Great post but seriously, Bangor sucks.

Bangor is like the guy who goes to the far end of the urinal in a public toilet because he wants to hide his tiny penis.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 141
Original post by scottie b
i believe so yes, there should be like an overview/summary of what you will be getting and they should send you a letter outlining dates, such as when the first payment is, should be the 23th i think.....

Thanks. And it says "to be complited" because I have not provided them with my bank account and NI number, cos I don't have them jet, right?
I should really find out about the insurance stuff...
Reply 142
Original post by Elevant
Thanks. And it says "to be complited" because I have not provided them with my bank account and NI number, cos I don't have them jet, right?
I should really find out about the insurance stuff...

you get your NI number/card sent in the post when you turn 16.... if your going to uni you should be older than 16! maybe a section is complete but im not sure if all of it is since there gunna need your bank details :s-smilie:
Reply 143
you get your NI number/card sent in the post when you turn 16.... if your going to uni you should be older than 16! maybe a section is complete but im not sure if all of it is since there gunna need your bank details :s-smilie:

Ha! Exept I'm not from the UK :biggrin:

Found the letter on SFW account. I now have peace, yay! Off to buy palne tickets!
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi,

I would like to know if there are any Korean students in Aberystwyth University. If there are, how many students are there ? if you know any of the students can you please tell me there facebook name. Since, I am a Korean student who have applied for Interpol course in Aber

Thanks,
:smile:
Reply 145
Are there foreign language classes at Aber that you can take in your spare time, separate to your course? Thank you. :smile:
Reply 146
Original post by rpka
Are there foreign language classes at Aber that you can take in your spare time, separate to your course? Thank you. :smile:

The Centre for Lifelong Learning have language classes for different levels. :smile:
http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/sell/lifelong-learning/modern-languages/
Reply 147
Original post by SiobhanC
The Centre for Lifelong Learning have language classes for different levels. :smile:
http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/sell/lifelong-learning/modern-languages/

Thank you! That's really good to know :smile:
Reply 148
hello everyone i am a first year at aber and wondered if anyone has any questions they want answering? something maybe only a student can answer? anything about halls or the people

ask away! :smile:

how big are the rooms in panty and do the twin rooms come with 2 desks?
Original post by tal4
how big are the rooms in panty and do the twin rooms come with 2 desks?

I recall reading or hearing/seeing on open day that twin rooms come with two sets of everything, so two chairs, desks (or a extra big one), wardrobes etc.

Here's two pictures off the Aber site:

Reply 150
Thanks for that info wasn't sure as some photos only show one desk

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 151
still open for questions :smile:
not sure about reading lists to be honest, there is links to all modules on the aber website that gives details of the modules and at the bottom has a list of books that would be helpful :smile:

Do we actualy get a reading list through the post?
Original post by Reffariiii
Do we actualy get a reading list through the post?

Apparently we get given reading lists at the start of the year by individual lecturers.
Reply 154
Original post by PinkyPurply
Apparently we get given reading lists at the start of the year by individual lecturers.

when you have your first lecture, they explain what topics are in the course, and the books they say you should read.

i brought no books because uni books are up to £50!!!
Hi, just wondering what the drill is when we arrive? Especially regarding lectures in the first week (doing Maths) and the day we arrive (Saturday 22nd)
Thank you
Reply 156
Original post by headofpertwee
Hi, just wondering what the drill is when we arrive? Especially regarding lectures in the first week (doing Maths) and the day we arrive (Saturday 22nd)
Thank you

well on your first day you will go to the place where you pick up your keys, like cwrt mawr reception or something. go to your flat, put all your stuff away, meet your flatmates, buy some food and things you need. get drunk on that night and the nights after

you will get an email to come register for your module and pick your extra modules. im guessing they will do the same as what they did with us, by your first lecture all the maths and physics student takes a little math test :smile: mostly all A level stuff, just to show you what your rusty on and stuff. the rest of the lectures would be just explaining the modules and how there run. then about the 1st of October you start proper lectures, the first few will be pretty easy nothing too hard, but the topics get harder and stuck :smile:
if you end up having Balazs for calculus like we did last year then be prepared to do a bit more work from the lectures as he isnt that good of a lecturer :s-smilie: hes not english and its hard to understand him some times.
Reply 157
well on your first day you will go to the place where you pick up your keys, like cwrt mawr reception or something. go to your flat, put all your stuff away, meet your flatmates, buy some food and things you need. get drunk on that night and the nights after

you will get an email to come register for your module and pick your extra modules. im guessing they will do the same as what they did with us, by your first lecture all the maths and physics student takes a little math test :smile: mostly all A level stuff, just to show you what your rusty on and stuff. the rest of the lectures would be just explaining the modules and how there run. then about the 1st of October you start proper lectures, the first few will be pretty easy nothing too hard, but the topics get harder and stuck :smile:
if you end up having Balazs for calculus like we did last year then be prepared to do a bit more work from the lectures as he isnt that good of a lecturer :s-smilie: hes not english and its hard to understand him some times.

Yay, I have forgotten about all maths, cos I graduated a year ago... I even had a dream last night where the deacher asked me to solve something on the blackboard, that I couldn't. And then the school was attaced... I actually wanted you to tell me it's ok that I don't know the stuff on the (previous years) exam papers.
Reply 158
Heya,

I'm starting in just under a month and want to start preparing. Roughly when do you get a reading list through? I'm studying TV and Film and Maths so will they come separately too? Do they arrive with a welcome pack of any sort?

Thanks (: x
Reply 159
Original post by show_time
Heya,

I'm starting in just under a month and want to start preparing. Roughly when do you get a reading list through? I'm studying TV and Film and Maths so will they come separately too? Do they arrive with a welcome pack of any sort?

Thanks (: x

you wont get a letter or an email with a list of books you need to read.
you will have an introduction lecture for each module you will do. they will say the course structure and what books you should read. i guess with tv and film you may need to read a few but for the maths side i can say you can get a 1st easy without reading any books. everything you will need will be on the lecture slides which is what you look at in lectures and they are all uploaded to blackboard.

what i could do if you wanted, i could post the lectures slides on here for your maths modules so you can look through them and see what sorts of things you will be learning in your first semester for maths? (algebra and calculus)

Latest